Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trip insurance?

Atlanta, GA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if cancellation coverage (already purchased) would help with my upcoming China trip? Delta is waiving change fees, but I don’t think I can rebook in the allotted window.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    I wonder if cancellation coverage (already purchased) would help with my upcoming China trip? Delta is waiving change fees, but I don’t think I can rebook in the allotted window.
    It depends on your insurer. The company I use definitely would cover this, if the alternative dates offered by the airline weren't suitable for you.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    Check the policy. Often these sorts of things may not be covered. One main thing to check though is if the policy has a “no travel to areas registered as high risk” clause. For example the Australian government has a website that lists the risk rating for all countries. Often travel insurance is void going to high risk countries. If the risk rating of the country you are travelling to has changed to high risk then you have a good case for insurance to pay the claim.

Also one main thing to note is the list of exclusions in your policy. An insurance policy can have things on the list that it will pay out for but obviously this can’t take into consideration every conceivable scenario. BUT if the scenario is not specifically on the exclusions list then there’s no reason the insurer should not pay the claim. This is the grey area but cases can be won because of this clause. You have to be prepared to fight them on this decision. If someone rejects it ask to be referrred to a manager or the consult your ombudsmen or something in that field.

As an example. I was working in Mali for a long time through the Ebola outbreak in 2015. I travelled to Cuba and was refused entry because the day before I landed in Cuba there was one reported Ebola case in Mali. I was refused entry to Cuba. I climbed the losses in hotel bookings and flight costs etc. They refused the claim stating it’s not included in the cover but I argued that it was not in their exclusions either. Eventually after two months of back and forward with higher levels of management they paid my claim which was about 2500 so not an insignificant amount.

One key tip for arguments is the term “fair and reasonable resolution”. Don’t “demand I get paid a refund”. Just state that you believe a “fair and reasonable outcome is ...”. Should work a treat. But yes be prepared to fight Trip insurance?

All the best Trip insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2