Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your favorite white tee shirts for women!

Hi all - you've so effectively converted me to the love of merino jersey that I've basically switched over all of my tees and I'm in love! The only problem is that I adore a nice white t-shirt and merino just doesn't come in white (natural isn't an option - not a good color for me). Soooooo, what is your favorite white tee that isn't merino? I'm a fan of basic tees from the Gap, but would prefer to stay away from cotton if possible, but I just don't know what I should be looking for. Modal seems to be a little too thin and mine always get staticky too. Am I doomed to cotton forever?!?!?! HHHHHAAAAAALLLLLPPPPP! Cool
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Colorado Springs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of the cotton/modal blend tees from Lands End. Comfortable fabric, but it dries quickly and packs small.

https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...hirt/id_306954
    Last edited by TavaPeak; 02-23-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the T's from Boden. They're a UK company that has a US website. Most items ship quickly from the UK and are returned to an address in the US. They have various shaped T's in different fabrics. I like that their size chart shows BOTH your body size and the dimensions of the garment.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought some Amazon Essentials tees that I like--they're also a mix of cotton/modal/spandex, like the Lands' End ones TavaPeak recommended. I have the white and the peach color, and they're opaque enough, though honestly, I wouldn't mind them being even more so.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Patagonia's Women's Mainstay Tee. (oops missed the preference to avoid cotton; the aforementioned tee is an organic cotton/recycled polyester blend FWIW)
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-24-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you said you’d prefer to avoid cotton however, if anyone is interested, I really like Duluth Trading long tail/no yank T’s. I hate shirts that are too short with a passion.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I also love the Duluth Long Tail shirts and No Yank shirts. They come in great colors, several styles, and are well made. They wash well in cold water and I hang them dry. Unfortunately they are cotton, so I don't usually travel with them.

For travel, I prefer merino wool.

Modal feels soft and silky to me. I like it a lot so I'll try the Land's End shirts in the modal cotton blend. Thanks for the suggestion! elisa