Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a video conferencing app like Zoom?

https://zoom.us/

It has a free plan, but each meeting is limited to 40 minutes - but you can always start a new meeting (this is what we do to save costs at work Smilie)

Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    If you know anything or want to learn about sewing, do so, I believe one of the major pattern company has released their vintage designs for free.
    Vintage silhouettes can be adapted better to people of all sizes and we can finally end the horrid trend of disposable fashion.

I'd rather wear a local designed classic piece to match with my TB pieces than a cheap, destroyed after one wear, sack of potato with a celebrity's logo.
    Do you know which by any chance? Not that I need any more patterns but..... I've been grabbing screen shots of items I like that I see online to recreate later. Being able to mash already created pattern pieces is easier than having to draft my own.

Unfortunately, my company refuses to shut down (and if they do they've told us we will not be paid so......), I'm limited on how much time I've got to craft and sew but can't hurt to stock up for later Wink
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

ď...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.Ē
    ― Umberto Eco

Oklahoma US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter's swim club is on hiatus so a few of us moms had a Google Hangouts wine and chat call instead or our regular Friday night gathering. After only 3 days of working from home, it was a nice change to chat and share updates with the group..we are definitely planning more and I'm doing a family one tomorrow....

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hanging around doing nothing and sleeping is fine too. I heard a psychologist on tv yesterday who said it can be anxiety inducing if people feel that they have to use this difficult time in a useful way (even if it’s just practicing an instrument or spending time doing their hobbies). If you are confined to your home, do whatever feels right to you.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím surprised. Normally if confined i, out of boredom, go crazy online shopping. But havenít had the urge yet (and Iím not confined, just doing my bit to stay away from people).

Iíd love to be spending my time sitting out on the balcony having a few cigars, but thatís also not adorable at the moment as youíd want your immune system to be as best it can be.

My building has a gym thatís Iíve stopped going to, so Iím doing basic home workouts.

Been cooking things and packaging for freezer (normally do this anyway).

Catching up on some YouTube channels that interest me.

Getting on my wifeís nerves Isolation Activities

Playing games on my phone.

Iím lucky enough to be able to work from home almost all the time anyway, so nothing has changed from that front for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Do you want to help but don’t feel like social distancing and hand washing is doing enough? Is there a company that is doing something that we can support? Please share ideas and suggestions here.

Tieks makes amazing shoes. They are offering a gift certificate if you can make masks.
    https://tieks.com/sewtogether

I’m checking in with neighbors, friends, relatives, and fellow musicians. I call, text, or email about every other day. I see if they need anything and chat for a bit. Because this seems to be a most stressful time, I’m making a point to share a joke or some good news.

Do you have ideas to help those who are now ordered to stay home? Please share things to do or things kids can do, while stuck inside. Please share ideas to keep a bored spouse occupied.

It’s the little things that make a difference, no matter how insignificant it seems. Humor is also welcome. Thanks! elisa

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am scrambling to keep our family music education business alive and pay our employees while schools are shut down (this is normally our busiest time of the year and schools are our main customers) so this has been super stressful for me. I have felt like it is important to watch all the news about closures and assistance plans because they directly affect our business. So many calls and strategizing and negotiations to make right now. I feel sad for our family of employees who rely on us, and fearful for the future of our 46-year-old business. I can feel the toll (and it is a toll on my retired husband too) so I am adding some mood-elevating activities to cut through the stress:

- bike rides. I have been bike commuting since last June and have dearly loved it. Biking reminds me of happy childhood days, freedom and adventure.
    - daily walk with husband. Yesterday we saw some sweet sidewalk art and inspirational quotes that our neighbors had done
    - A long hot bath with a book.
    - sitting in the yard strumming my ukulele or guitar.
    - decluttering little areas around the house. Instant feeling of victory over chaos!
    - zoom meetups with our kids and grandkids.
    - zoom happy hour with our friends.
    - organizing my Tom Bihn closet, reminiscing on past trips and fantasizing on when we can travel again

Despite the horrific toll of this pandemic, I have started to notice and appreciate other things. It is Spring, my favorite time of year in Texas, and new life is once again budding all around us. It is a good reminder to hang on to hope.

Lilies from our walk yesterday:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Do you know which by any chance? Not that I need any more patterns but..... I've been grabbing screen shots of items I like that I see online to recreate later. Being able to mash already created pattern pieces is easier than having to draft my own.

Unfortunately, my company refuses to shut down (and if they do they've told us we will not be paid so......), I'm limited on how much time I've got to craft and sew but can't hurt to stock up for later Wink

I apologize for the late response here is the link. It is a wiki page of vintage patterns
    https://vintagepatterns.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

However, I clicked on one of the image of the pattern and it gave me a list of vendors, let me find the article or do another search.

If the patterns are in the public domain, you should be able to download them... somewhere.

https://mymodernmet.com/free-vintage-sewing-patterns/

So, the link above is the original article, and the wiki site shows the myriad of patterns created between the 20's and the 80's and link to a list of vendors.

The articles were click bait, the patterns are not free. I apologize. I was very exited when I saw the garments list links but disappointed that it only showed the front pattern picture. Well... I can always reference the pattern number and find it on Etsy.

Stay strong and carry on sewing!
    Last edited by backpack; 03-26-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2