Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Watermelon bag!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watermelon bag!

I know this subforum is Not About Bags... well, this is not about TB bags, but I had a chuckle when I saw this post! Who was it who liked to use watermelons to demonstrate her pack-out? Was it Janine? And where would you put an O-ring in this bag?? 😂😂

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2020/...atermelon-bag/

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I know this subforum is Not About Bags... well, this is not about TB bags, but I had a chuckle when I saw this post! Who was it who liked to use watermelons to demonstrate her pack-out? Was it Janine? And where would you put an O-ring in this bag?? ����

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2020/...atermelon-bag/
    Hi @haraya ,
    Yup, it was Janine who used watermelons (and toilet paper) in her bag reviews. Take a look at her review thread of the (now retired) Night Flight Travel Duffel, Night Fever!.

One of her criteria was listed in the initial post was
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    6. You could carry a respectable watermelon in the main compartment.
    I immediately posted back:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Janine With apologies to @icebeng (and the Daylignt Backpack thread [#152]), your "respectable watermelon" would probably only fit the NFTD if it looked like this:

Irreverently,
    HTH moriond
    She did manage to work in a picture of her “watermelon of respectable size” 4 posts lower down.

I think that my picture was more in the nature of the close match to the spirit of your linked bag.fit to a watermelon.

There’s also a 3 December 2014 blog post, Forum Member Spotlight: Five Questions for Janine

Links to forum posts from earlier blog posts (created before the hosting site changed) don’t work correctly, because the URL prefix of the site changed

So i’d have to fix the section:
    Q: You're known for the delightfully funny photo shoots and packing lists for the new bags you buy (for example: watermelons, rolls of toilet paper, and watermelons and rolls of toilet paper). Even though these posts are meant to be entertaining, do they end up being useful in any way?
    The reference links are to one of her posts in the Daylight Backpack thread that I mentioned (when the watermelon motif was first mentioned), and the next two are to posts in the Night Flight Travel Duffel review thread — the image I excerpted showing the watermelon (surrounded by toilet paper), and a second, adjacent image, where the main compartment was completely filled with toilet paper, too.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-02-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! Oh how I love those zany posts! Thanks for refreshing my memories, moriond. Little did we know when discussing zombie apocalypse bags that the coronapocalypse would not require bags - or rather, only require bags for carrying things within our own homes.

I hope some day not too long from now to be back to the world with throngs of people strolling through markets and having long lazy brunches and traveling the world, without fear of a deadly virus. #bagofhopes

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite watermelon-in-a-bag photo is weirdguy's. I wouldn't have thought a watermelon, even a small one, would fit into a small Cafe bag. I love that canary color. See post #641.
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...html#post99111

Watermelon bag!-canary-scb-watermelon-jpg
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I know this subforum is Not About Bags... well, this is not about TB bags, but I had a chuckle when I saw this post! Who was it who liked to use watermelons to demonstrate her pack-out? Was it Janine? And where would you put an O-ring in this bag?? ����
    Lovely option, but the main thing is that the watermelons are of standard sizeWink