Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size and sizing of Pictures in Forum Posting

I am trying to figure out how or why a picture posts small or large in a forum post. I can size the pic in my photos app to get a small enough file size from original to be acceptable file size for the forum. When I post the smaller photo in a post it takes up a huge area of the post when the text is more important and the photo should be an accent to it.

Should I save it as smaller file size? There doesn't appear to me to be tool where I can resize it in the message posting tool.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My posts on page 152 of "Where did your bags go" is the example to see what I am asking about.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @organicfarmer , I think that depends on the apps you use. In a dedicated photo app you should be able to resize your photo to the size you wish (before saving it). The file size does also depend on the amount of compression i.e. the quality of your picture. So if you don't resize your picture before saving it you might end up with a smaller file (and less quality) but your photo might still have the same width and length.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are on a windows PC I think I can help because I just dealt with this while trying to figure out why my posts would do that too. On the windows photo app it will always shrink the image for some reason so you think it is smaller than it is. When you go in the file folder the image is in, right click on the picture file and there will be an option to "edit with photos" and lower down in the list is simple "edit." Choose the 2nd one and it will take you to edit the image in the paint app. Here when you resize the photo it will display true to size so you can see for yourself what size you want it to be. I hope that makes sense and it helps.