Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone ever sold anything on Facebook Marketplace?

I put something (a really nice violin case, not a TB bag, though I wish TB DID make violin cases) up for sale on FB marketplace, thinking only local people would be interested, but someone contacted me and asked me to ship it, which I wasn't planning.

I looked up setting up shipping on FB Marketplace, and I'm a little creeped out by putting my bank info on FB. It doesn't look like I can set up PayPal or Venmo there.

I'm a total newbie at this, so I'm not sure how this works. So how do you send something to a total stranger on the internet and still have some kind of guarantee that they would pay you, and without putting your bank account info on FB?

Am I too paranoid here?
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I put something (a really nice violin case, not a TB bag, though I wish TB DID make violin cases) up for sale on FB marketplace, thinking only local people would be interested, but someone contacted me and asked me to ship it, which I wasn't planning.

I looked up setting up shipping on FB Marketplace, and I'm a little creeped out by putting my bank info on FB. It doesn't look like I can set up PayPal or Venmo there.

I'm a total newbie at this, so I'm not sure how this works. So how do you send something to a total stranger on the internet and still have some kind of guarantee that they would pay you, and without putting your bank account info on FB?

Am I too paranoid here?
    I don’t think you’re being paranoid. I haven’t used FB Marketplace but I agree that I would be HIGHLY skeptical about putting in my banking information with no guarantee of getting paid. I would tell them that they must pay you via PayPal and then you will print the label for the package (send them a picture showing that you purchased shipping). If they are not cool with that I would repost and specify “locals only”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook Marketplace does support PayPal and supports payment being made by buyer but held pending tracked parcel delivery status. Search and read up on Facebook Market and Paypal, including lots of good guidance on avoiding scams. Not anywhere near as simple as finding a local sale, but is possible without sharing any bank details to buyer.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, bought and sold, always use PayPal goods and services, protects both parties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB