Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Printing? Has anyone seen this before?!?

So today I am in an office of a design firm doing some Video Troubleshooting when I spot this odd device and was drawn to it like a magnet.

You just have to see this to believe it,I did see it and I don't believe it.

It is that freaky!

http://www.dimensionprinting.com/3d-...int-video.aspx

This is not the exact one that I saw but you will get the idea.

Ed

Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen these before. They are used in product design, toy design and industrial design (among other places) to build prototypes, or sometimes in the movie/entertainment biz to build props. Every so often you'll see these on some show on the discover channel or history channel, where they re-create a virtual 3-D model of a lost building, animal, artifact, etc. I seem to remember a set of researchers re-creating a 3-d model of the face imprinted on the Shroud of Turin once. That was pretty neat.

I have NEVER seen one at that price point. I wonder how much the consumables cost? It would be cool to have it in the living room!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the future!

Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10, 15 or 20 years from now, this product will be selling on Amazon under $200. It was not too long ago when a laser printer was $10K, say early 1980s. This product automates a process, so if you're a fortune 1000 company or a design/multimedia firm, the price would be very easy to justify.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PM4HIRE View Post
    10, 15 or 20 years from now, this product will be selling on Amazon under $200. It was not too long ago when a laser printer was $10K, say early 1980s. This product automates a process, so if you're a fortune 1000 company or a design/multimedia firm, the price would be very easy to justify.
    I remember those days... that was also back at the time when video editing tools and technology cost an arm and a leg as well. Now anyone with an iMac is a video wizard out of the box.
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.