Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new S25 arrived today and of course this happened:

Love the bag! (Black Halcyon/UV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gracie and her TB Bat.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bihn Forum Pets

Who's got four paws and is coming home with us tomorrow? This guy!

His name is going to be Dobby The House Cat! He's our first cat (we've had dogs in the past).
    Last edited by terayon; 09-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Who's got four paws and is coming home with us tomorrow? This guy!

His name is going to be Dobby The House Cat! He's our first cat (we've had dogs in the past).
    He's adorable! Congrats. Will he be living with dogs or is he the only pet at the moment?

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    He's adorable! Congrats. Will he be living with dogs or is he the only pet at the moment?
    Thanks! He's the only pet now. Until we decide he needs a buddy.

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Thanks! He's the only pet now. Until we decide he needs a buddy.
    He will definitely need a kitty friend, so just plan on two. Tom Bihn Forum PetsTom Bihn Forum Pets

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our foster kittens came to work today!

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-nik-marcus-jpg

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-three-kittens-jpg

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-deacon-kitten-jpg
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-nik-marcus-jpg

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-three-kittens-jpg

So so so adorable!!!

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,

I was trying to identify the toy in back of the last kitten picture (where the pen for the Sketchbook is in front of the kitten). I realize this is not the white dog that has figured in many of the Blog pictures, but I was wondering whether you can give use some background about that White Dog figure, that appears to be modeled after TinTin's Milou/Snowy.

For example, here he is in one of the 2016 April Fool Blog Post pictures for the Aeronaut 45 Tiny House (posed with Ichiro to show this Tiny House is pet friendly)

And here's the same white dog in one of the 2007 Blog post pictures about the then redesigned Utility Tote:
    Tom Bihn Forum Pets-tombihnutilitytote2-jpg

I could pull out a few more pictures, but this fellow has been around a while, even without achieving status as a "Forum Pet". Can you give us his back story?

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suddenly slightly discontented about my visit to the store today: there were kittens and I didn't see them?! Those are adorable kittens.

(Overall I'm very content with my visit, though: I have Forest pouches!!)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh. I have one of those pens in my house now. I didn't realize how dangerous they were!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I'm suddenly slightly discontented about my visit to the store today: there were kittens and I didn't see them?! Those are adorable kittens.
    Ah darn, the kittens were hanging out in one of our offices yesterday. They'll be here (more or less) all week. Nik has to choose by tomorrow which of the kittens he's adopting..... a tough choice! Most folks here at the factory are rooting for Marcus, the white kitten who likes to sit on Nik's shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Darcy,

I was trying to identify the toy in back of the last kitten picture (where the pen for the Sketchbook is in front of the kitten). I realize this is not the white dog that has figured in many of the Blog pictures, but I was wondering whether you can give use some background about that White Dog figure, that appears to be modeled after TinTin's Milou/Snowy.
    That toy is actually the very first Skookum Dog stuffed toy ever made: it is (or was!) a sheep. Various dogs tested it for us, and then it finally lost the remainder of its stuffing when Fiona discovered one day at the factory.

Attached is a photo of Ichiro testing it way back when:

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-sheep2-jpg
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhhhhhhh kittensssssssssss, can't nik just keep them all?

marcus kinda looks like our newish friend, gary! i don't think i've posted him here yet, somehow. we scooped gary up out of a local shelter a little over a year ago, a couple months after my interspecies soulmate, frank, died following years of battling a progressive illness.

gary's simultaneously the sweetest/gentlest guy and COMPLETELY WILD. he's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years old? the shelter said he was a year old when we adopted him but the vet seemed to think he was much younger, and he grew lot more after we took him in.

he's got so many weird / excellent quirks. i have kind of a loud sneeze, so when i do sneeze (which is a lot bc i'm allergic to.......earth / possibly life itself), he runs away making these clicky/chattery noises. he's taken to doing that even when i take deep breaths like i *might* be getting ready to sneeze. he'll sit in our shower with his behind pressed into a corner and stare at the drain for 20 minutes at a time. sometimes he'll also bring his bff, string (5 or 6 removed hoodie drawstrings tied together) into the shower, when he's not busy dragging it all over the house or into bed to snuggle with it.

he's gotten to be such good friends with our other cat (a brown maine coon named sam, possibly the gentlest guy alive) and they spend a lot of time horsing around and aggressively bathing one another. kind of a relief that they get along because frank sometimes had a challenging personality, to put it mildly, when it came to sam.
    Last edited by capncat; 05-16-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: friggin html

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (cannot seem to get a photo included using HTML in my previous post, soooo... here's gary!)
    Tom Bihn Forum Pets-gary-jpg

Forum Member
    Pacific NW
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like Snowy, the dog from the Tin Tin story books.
    https://boutique.tintin.com/en/milou-souple-20-cm.html

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast