Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is my rescue boy - he is three years old. A breeder turned him in to a rescue group when he was about 12 weeks old because he is not show-able.
    Smooth and rough are the same dog but two different coats. Litters can have both rough and smooth puppies in them.
    Last edited by spcanf; 03-16-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Bihn Forum Pets-nftd_gideon-jpg
    I thought my NFTD could hold 3-4 days worth of clothes, but I'm having a hard time picturing it now!

Gideon wouldn't leave my bag alone, chewing on the tags, trying to get into the zippers. I finally had to open it up and let him get it out of his system! Apparently it's futile trying to hide things from cats!
    Last edited by tress29; 04-24-2018 at 06:36 AM.

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcanf View Post
    He is my rescue boy - he is three years old. A breeder turned him in to a rescue group when he was about 12 weeks old because he is not show-able.
    But no less beautiful, or worthy of a good home, because of that. I'm afraid I have very little time for breeders who "throw dogs away" because they don't meet some arbitrary human definition of perfection. Mad At least your boy was lucky enough to find you - many are not so lucky.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    But no less beautiful, or worthy of a good home, because of that. I'm afraid I have very little time for breeders who "throw dogs away" because they don't meet some arbitrary human definition of perfection. Mad At least your boy was lucky enough to find you - many are not so lucky.
    He just turned 3 and is my gentle love bug of a boy. I agree but at least the breeder did go to the trouble of turning his litter (or at least him and 3 of his sisters) into a very good rescue instead of doing something worse.
    We just introduced a new (grown stray) cat into the household and my smooth is constantly at the side of the new cat. My younger rough boy (the tri) is a little too rambunctious for new cat.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcus and Jade are nearly all grown up.... and really like hanging out on the Freudian Slip:

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-marcus-jade-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Moon Pie and my packing cube shoulder bag. Maybe someday she’ll let me use it again...

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this thread!

This cutie pie is Ricky; he's a Terrier/ Catahoula hound mix, a little over a year old (still considered adolescent). I rescued him from the local Humane Society shelter when he was 4 months old, but in many ways, he has rescued me. Ricky is now beginning training to be my service dog.
    Tom Bihn Forum Pets-img_e2816-jpg
    This was taken when I first got him. My grass was taller than him!
    Tom Bihn Forum Pets-img_2719-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post121486

That's from the original thread when our geriatric Sheltie, Sable, got her Skookum Bat two years ago. She's never played with it, but has always used it as a pillow. She's presently an inpatient at the vet due to a new, grim, health issue and I think we're making a tough decision very soon, but today, we brought her car crate mat and her Skookum Bat in for visiting hours. With her "bat buddy" watching over her, she had a restful nap and it's the most relaxed we've seen her there.

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-img_3781-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeteez View Post
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post121486

That's from the original thread when our geriatric Sheltie, Sable, got her Skookum Bat two years ago. She's never played with it, but has always used it as a pillow. She's presently an inpatient at the vet due to a new, grim, health issue and I think we're making a tough decision very soon, but today, we brought her car crate mat and her Skookum Bat in for visiting hours. With her "bat buddy" watching over her, she had a restful nap and it's the most relaxed we've seen her there.
    @threeteez, I am so sorry your beautiful Sable is going through health issues. I’ve been where you are with our little Boston Terrier Amy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Glad Sable’s bat friend is providing her comfort.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeteez View Post
    @threeteez I am glad you got to visit Sable and she was able to rest and relax today. I remember visiting Lily when she was an inpatient at the veterinarian... it's hard to put all the feelings into words. You and Sable are in my thoughts.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threeteez healing thoughts Sable's way and much strength to you, vet offices are tough places.

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public service announcement, courtesy of Fiona: talk with your vet about the proper dose of Benadryl for your dog/if it is right for your dog and stock some at home, in your hiking/camping first aid kit, and basically anywhere you take your dog. Instant ice packs are good to have on hand, too.

Last night, Fiona was stung on her face multiple times by wasps. Benadryl works enough to reduce the swelling in many cases, but because Fiona's stings were around her muzzle/face we took her in to the emergency vet where they gave her a steroid injection. She's back to normal now and totally fine, thank goodness!

Manchester, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boy Oscar, 9-y-o (and way too chubby) Springer Spaniel. He rolls around all day and then smiles to himself when he's sleeping, the mad thing ❤️

Current Carry: S25 (Cloud/Island)
    Wishlist: 3DOC (NWS Halcyon), A45 Small Laundry Packing Cube(Wasabi), PCSB (NWS), S25 Internal Frame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Public service announcement, courtesy of Fiona: talk with your vet about the proper dose of Benadryl for your dog/if it is right for your dog and stock some at home, in your hiking/camping first aid kit, and basically anywhere you take your dog. Instant ice packs are good to have on hand, too.
    Rosalind the Puggle has some environmental allergies and willingly takes Benadryl when she won't stop sneezing and chewing her legs. (She's seven now, I don't think I can ever persuade her that rolling in the grass is the reason her skin gets so itchy.) I'm very lucky that I have a dog who takes pills when necessary and doesn't try to bite my hands off when I give them to her.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love dogs and cats, but I decided that this thread needed a few more pets that were not canine or feline. So, here is Sydney Smilie She's a feisty little bearded dragon, who has decided that my phone camera is the ENEMY (note her dark patterning that has appeared).

Tom Bihn Forum Pets-img_0634-jpgTom Bihn Forum Pets-img_0636-jpg.

Her hobbies include chasing the crickets that like to escape their enclosure, and surveying her kingdom from a nice warm sunny rock.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast