Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, if memory serves me correctly, there are a couple of Brompton dealers in Berlin, and I think you are in the area, ja? I believe there is a dealer who specializes in folding bikes.
    I have several friends there who all have folding bikes: they are ideal on the U- and S-Bahn, and are very useful, given Berlin's size even with the good public transport network.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killeri View Post
    Brompton also has an electric model nowadays, although currently it is available only in the UK, I think.
    It'll be in the USA early 2018 (according to the company).
    It's going to be very expensive though.

I really like my bike (a yuba boda boda) but I wish I'd gotten the electric option when I got it.
    Things are just a bit too far for me to travel to by bike, my knees aren't getting any younger and my kid (that rides on the back of the bike) isn't getting any lighter.

One thing I *don't* like about the boda boda, is that it's too big to carry on the back of our car (a Prius), hence the interest in a folding bike for trips I would be taking on my own.

Washington, D.C.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't wait any longer—I decided to try a Dahon folding bike and fell in love. It will be perfect for my commute, and my husband can also use it for his commute on days I am not working. It fits both of us well, and our oldest son. He is 12 and decided he is saving all his allowance for one too The Dahon is so light, folds up quite compact, and it is an easy, nimble ride. Now I think I need that s25 guide's edition in mars red to complement
    Bromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img_4907-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stumbled upon this thread. I got a Brompton (H6L but since added the rear rack making it an H6R) back in early 2016 and love it. Itís my touring bike, grocery getter/errand runner. I donít compete on it, but love taking it out. I donít own a lock because I just either roll with it unfolded or fold it up to itís compact shape. Definitely recommend a demo ride to folks who are interested. And you become the unofficial spokesperson who answers questions and gives the URL to folks interested in getting a Brompton.

I definitely would interested in a TB bag that could be mounted to the front. I currently use the Brompton Touring Bag (T-Bag) but could easily see a TB fitting on there just perfectly.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a Bike Friday?

I bought one 3 years ago when they had a sale on a design they called the "commuter". I loved that I could pick my own color, got sort of a minty blue and chose black logo lettering. I like that I don't even have to fold it to get it into the back of my small SUV, it just fits because of the small wheel base. It has a luggage rack, but I use a backpack when I ride it. The only thing I had to get used to was the turning radius. Almost toppled over many times when I first got it. Otherwise, very happy with it, fits just about anywhere and was one of the less expensive but very high quality folding bikes out there at the time. Plus, love that it is made in USA.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old thread, with interesting memories.

I did go and try a Brompton, a couple of times. I like many things about it, although I wasn't sold on the (older-style) gear shifters. I believe they're changed the shifter type in the last year, so I should have another go and see if I like them better. The small wheels make it a nimble, slightly quirky bike - not a bad thing, but definitely different handling to get to know.

The prime reason I didn't spring for one is that it didn't fit in the boot of my MX-5 NC, although I've seen them fitted into the boots of some other generation MX-5s. Still thinking, but I don't currently have a good use-case.

One thing I did learn from the test-drives is that you can get the gear ratios tweaked. In my hilly city, the "best" Brompton is a 6-gear version with the ratios stepped down 12%. That gives enough grunt for hill-climbing while still having gears that are okay on the flat. As expected, the 6-gear setup adds to the weight and cost.

I'm still intrigued. I'm still not quite over the line to buy one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Raw Lacquer Brompton S Type 6 speed with the titanium parts and the skinny tyres - got fed up with bikes being nicked in London

Haven’t got my TB bags yet they are due to arrive tomorrow but there is a very easy hack by Documentally on You Tube which shows him mounting A TB Pilot on a Brompton frame

Should imagine given the ease of mounting the Co-Pilot will work just as well

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brompton and Ristretto go to Work

I'm working on integrating Tom Bihn Bags and Bromptons too!

from my weekly commute from Montpelier, VT to Cambridge, MA.

Steve

Bromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img1-jpgBromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img2-jpgBromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img3-jpgBromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img4-jpgBromptons & Other Folding Bicycles-img5-jpg

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bevets View Post
    I'm working on integrating Tom Bihn Bags and Bromptons too!

from my weekly commute from Montpelier, VT to Cambridge, MA.

Steve
    Nice Ristretto!

I'm looking at that picture on the T platform and trying to figure out why I'm so certain that it's South Station and not Kendall, Central, or Downtown Crossing which also have the platforms on each side of the tracks. (For non-locals: Some stations on this train line have the platform in between the two train tracks, some have a platform on each side of the tracks like this, and there are a couple of stations that have the two tracks and their platforms upstairs and downstairs from each other.) Is it actually South Station, or am I wrong about that?

And welcome to the Forums!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are absolutely right, that is the Red Line to Alewife at South Station. My commute takes 1 hour by car from Vermont to a Bus terminal in New Hampshire, a 2+ hour bus ride to South Station in Boston, then a jaunt on the T to Kendall Sq. Clearly all of the steps are not illustrated here! Ah yes ... then my daily routine in the city includes among other things a ride with my Ristretto on the Brompton to Trader Joe's to buy a salad for lunch.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7