Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pajamas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy do I feel underdressed. This certainly is food for thought however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally pack an old t-shirt and either pair of boxers or pj pants to sleep in - part of it depends on where I'll be and who I'm travelling with (one of my friends I travel with frequently likes the room cold). I've also stayed in enough European hotels to learn that turning on the A/C means opening the windows. If it's a fairly long trip, I tend to pack older items I don't mind tossing along the way.

I've been in one hotel in recent memory when there was a fire alarm in the middle of the night - I went outside perfectly dressed - I'd gone to a nice dinner with friends also staying in the hotel and we were still up chatting in one of our rooms.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks guys for all the thoughts! I hadn't thought much about being ready in case of emergency evacuation, but it's definitely something to consider. I like the idea of pajama pants that can double as regular pants if needed though I fear if I buy comfy yoga pants that can pass as regular wear, I'll just wear them regularly instead! I tried bringing work out shorts once to double for pajamas and hiking but turns out once you do an intense hike in a pair of shorts, they're kind of gross for sleeping in. As my current pajama pants are wearing out, I'm considering replacing them with these bamboo pants BambooDreamsŪ Laura Lounge Pant since they look like they could be used as casual pants in a hotter location. I'm also intrigued by their bamboo sleep shirts, although I'm usually fine with a very oversized tee or tank (can't stand constricting armholes at night). As much as I love merino clothing, it's just a tad too itchy to sleep in (doesn't bother me in the day to day, but whenever I've tried sleeping in it, it does, unfortunately). Turns out I'm a bit picky about my pajamas!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I definitely had the opposite reactions, I was gifted some bamboo pajamas and found them hot and clingy. But, when on a weekend trip I forgot to pack PJs, and had to sleep in one of my merino tank dresses, I thought it was the comfiest thing!

Definitely, pjs are a try-before-you-fly thing, lest one spend eight hours fidgeting! Smilie

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with haraya. Love my bamboo sheets, but I sweat like crazy in bamboo t-shirts. They are not nearly as soft and silky as my sheets, which could be part of the problem.

Forum Member
    Hong Kong
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bring leggings and a long t-shirt or tank top. These items can then be layered into other outfits for warmth, if needed. I like having things on my packing list serve multiple purposes wherever possible.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, @haraya and @Pokilani, interesting that you've found bamboo PJs hot, since I've read that they're supposed to be good at temperature regulation, but it seems like there might be a lot of variance in that property, probably depending on the fabric manufacturing process...

So, for those of you who bring pajamas that can also be worn in your regular outfits - how often do you end up wearing them as anything other than pajamas? And once you have worn them out and about, do you have any issues with continuing to use them as pajamas?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireJ View Post
    So, for those of you who bring pajamas that can also be worn in your regular outfits - how often do you end up wearing them as anything other than pajamas? And once you have worn them out and about, do you have any issues with continuing to use them as pajamas?
    Hmm, it depends on what activities I'm engaged in, and how long the trip is. Typically I'll reserve sleepwear as sleepwear (like previous posters, I usually travel with yoga pants/capris and a tank top (yoga top with built-in light support, nothing too constricting)). If I use it for working out/daytime activities, I'll wash it before I sleep in it again. Or I might do the reverse - if I'm someplace cooler, I might use all/part of my sleep outfit as a base layer (that is, not as outerwear), and sleep in it that night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also recommend sleeping in whatever you plan on taking with you for a few nights at home before you go. That way you can adjust more easily. I normally sleep in nightgowns with built in bra, both at home and whilst traveling, but I have never stayed in a hostel in warm weather.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like to wear anything in bed, at home or away, unless it is really cold. I do, however, always have my clothes, shoes and gear ready to grab in an emergency.
    I always have a small torch on a neck lanyard in my travel tray for this exact purpose.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I don't like to wear anything in bed, at home or away, unless it is really cold. I do, however, always have my clothes, shoes and gear ready to grab in an emergency.
    I always have a small torch on a neck lanyard in my travel tray for this exact purpose.

If I'm sharing a room, then a spare base layer t shirt style top and a pair of gym type shorts will do.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good responses. The fire alarm stories? Just a question of when, not if. Another reason to travel with a single carry-on and never really unpack. I once had to evacuate a room. I just closed the bag, zipped it shut, slipped on my shoes, and walked the memorized path to the exit stairs. If there had been smoke, i could have dragged the bag while crawling.
    The “how to get out” diagram is worth looking at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2