Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 512
  1. #16
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,767
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Really interesting lineup @Badger!

    ETA: I loved your sketches, specially the wolf! Smilie
    @eWalker As @Ilkyway previously commented elsewhere, you keep updating your posts with interesting links and pictures! Regarding @Badger's great sketches, I thought the subject was a certain well-known (to these forums, at least) Corgi personality.

    moriond

  2. #17
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @eWalker As @Ilkyway previously commented elsewhere, you keep updating your posts with interesting links and pictures!
    Sorry... Sometimes as I try to write faster, the resulting post is confuse, doesn't look understandable or a sentence sounds rude or too harsh, brassy... So I try to repair it!

    My english writing skills are very far from desirable so I try to compensate with images and links.
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

  3. #18
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    2,942
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eWalker from one non-english to another: love your posts!

    I only wish you would put new links and additional thoughts in a new post JUST because I have the feeling I might miss a great idea of yours otherwise. Most of the times I just jump to tje last post of a thread to read on where I left off. This way it might happen, that I miss a new link or thought. That is the all of it. On the other hand: you keep me and my Synapses sharp and flexible and that is not so bad at all ;-).

    Ilkyway

    Edit: typed this on the phone this morning: meant NON-English, makes no sense otherwise... there you have. Reread this, had to edit it because... it did not make sense.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 02-16-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

    By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

  4. #19
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Share
    Somerville, MA
    Posts
    2,248
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I loved your sketches, specially the wolf! Smilie
    The "wolf" is Titus, my rather somnolent and gloomy corgi who is beginning the slow ponderous trudge towards his middle age spread, hahaha. He's pleased you think he is wolf-like.

    I did see all the cases and things, and while I liked them well enough, it seemed a bit much to me to put a notebook into a special snowflake notebook purse and then into my bag. For everyday carry, the Techo fits very well into a 3D Organizer Cube (along with all my other little notebooks and pens...).

  5. #20
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The "wolf" is Titus, my rather somnolent and gloomy corgi who is beginning the slow ponderous trudge towards his middle age spread, hahaha. He's pleased you think he is wolf-like.

    I did see all the cases and things, and while I liked them well enough, it seemed a bit much to me to put a notebook into a special snowflake notebook purse and then into my bag. For everyday carry, the Techo fits very well into a 3D Organizer Cube (along with all my other little notebooks and pens...).
    LOL @Badger Sorry for confusing Titus for a wolf... itīs the angle you used... it gave him a solene, almost severe look!

    About the case... It remind me of the FJN... Sometime ago we were discussing the possibility of a smaller FJN use with moleskines and similar format notebooks.

    Your thread got me thinking about kinds of paper... specially the Tomoe river paper... I am toying with idea making an A5 insert to use in a Midori like cover.

    I have to get myself distracted from thinking about my backorders and next month"s debuts... just deep breaths are not enough anymore... I am going to try some handwriting exercises now!

    Cheers! Wink
    Last edited by eWalker; 02-16-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

  6. #21
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Edit: typed this on the phone this morning: meant NON-English, makes no sense otherwise... there you have. Reread this, had to edit it because... it did not make sense.
    LOL @Ilkway That is what happen to me all the time! Smilie
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

  7. #22
    Forum Member adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mishap rendered my old planner totally unusable (the refill, that is...), so I thought I'd try out the standard Hobonichi. I use it as a planner, since for me writing is so much faster than hitting the wrong keys on my phone, backspacing, correcting, etc. Some observations:

    - This is probably as good a compromise as you can get between weight and features. It is really small for a *daily* planner! I found myself wishing it was even smaller and lighter, but I don't think that's possible for the diary itself. I do wish they'd make a lightweight fabric cover, though. (Parapack and dyneema covers for Hobonichi... ohemgee)
    - The 'cover-on-cover' thing struck me as silly at first, but the blue polyester cover doesn't seem to be made of the toughest material, so I slipped it on. Also, there is a ziplock-type mechanism on the spine area of the cover-on-cover that will allow you open the cover-on-cover to slip things inside. I put some decorative stuff underneath (see photos). But I think it could also be useful for holding something like a "DO THIS ASAP!!!" reminder post-it-- it won't come off, and it will also stay visible. Downside: it's relatively heavy. And it's one more surface that will stick to the urethane on your TB stuff.
    - Paper is strong and thin, with zero seepage with the wettest of my rollerballs (Rotring Free Ink RB cartridge-- really wet, really thick ink). However, as you might expect with paper that is so non-absorbent, the ink takes a long time to dry. So I ended up with some unsightly smudges when I got a little impatient. Fortunately I use a ballpoint most of the time, so this is not a big issue for me. However...
    - There are potential issues for ballpoint users too. If, like me, you use moderate pressure on a moderately scratchy ballpoint, there will be deep pressure marks left on the pages behind the one you're writing on. Also, if you're writing on a page that has ink on the other side, the ink on the other side will transfer to the facing page. (See photo.)

    That aside, I like this planner. What appeals to me most of all is the open grid with just a 12 noon mark. I can do anything with a page like that! As for the paper and smudges, etc-- meh, whatever. My planners have never looked pretty on the inside so smudges etc. are nothing new, and I appreciate the weight and size savings afforded by TR paper. BTW, it fits nicely in a SCB, but much will depend on your load-out. (See photos)

    Cover
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_5668-jpg

    Ink transfer issue
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_5669-jpg

    In a SCB
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_5670-jpg
    Last edited by adalangdon; 02-23-2015 at 06:19 AM.

  8. #23
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Panda bank

    Attachment 10322

    Mr. You-Know-Who

    Attachment 10323



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have nothing to apologize for in your drawings. Those are very nice. I think the more one doodles or draws, the better you get.

  9. #24
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post

    - Paper is strong and thin, with zero seepage with the wettest of my rollerballs (Rotring Free Ink RB cartridge-- really wet, really thick ink). However, as you might expect with paper that is so non-absorbent, the ink takes a long time to dry. So I ended up with some unsightly smudges when I got a little impatient. Fortunately I use a ballpoint most of the time, so this is not a big issue for me. However...
    - There are potential issues for ballpoint users too. If, like me, you use moderate pressure on a moderately scratchy ballpoint, there will be deep pressure marks left on the pages behind the one you're writing on. Also, if you're writing on a page that has ink on the other side, the ink on the other side will transfer to the facing page. (See photo.)
    It's well known by most fountain pen users that ink takes a little time to dry on the Tomoe River paper. Same applies to those using other TR paper journals - it's suggested that one use a blotter paper over the freshly written page to keep ink from smudging on the previous page. NanamiPaper.com and Hobonichi also sell writing pads (plastic sheet) that go under the page you're writing on if you tend to press heavily when using a ballpoint or rollerball. Not as much of a problem if your pen has free-flowing ink. The paper feels just wonderful if you use a fountain pen.

  10. #25
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    - There are potential issues for ballpoint users too. If, like me, you use moderate pressure on a moderately scratchy ballpoint, there will be deep pressure marks left on the pages behind the one you're writing on. Also, if you're writing on a page that has ink on the other side, the ink on the other side will transfer to the facing page.
    @adalangdon Did you consider a Hobonichi Pencil Board?

    The Hobonichi Techo thread-uploadfromtaptalk1424676450755-jpg

    Hobonichi Pencil Board - Accessories Lineup - HOBONICHI TECHO 2015
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

  11. #26
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @adalangdon There is another alternative... You may use a printable Hobonichi like planner layout for A5 or A6 (There are several available @ Etsy.com), print it on TR paper (found @ JetPens.com), and place it in a MTN like cover.

    By doing this you may divide your planner into sections and carry only what you need eg. one trimester. I particularly found of this idea. Wink

    You may find several hand made of every possible size and materials by artisans @ Etsy.com or use an German industrial version that @ilkway just introduced me to, that has several cover options with many sizes and capacities.

    The Hobonichi Techo thread-uploadfromtaptalk1424677346311-jpg

    X17: Ringbuch mit Ringen, Organizer, Terminplaner, Terminkalender, Notizbuch A4, A7, A6, A52015, 2016

    HTH
    Last edited by eWalker; 02-23-2015 at 12:49 AM.
    So much to catch up! Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

  12. #27
    Forum Member adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacGuy View Post
    It's well known by most fountain pen users that ink takes a little time to dry on the Tomoe River paper. Same applies to those using other TR paper journals - it's suggested that one use a blotter paper over the freshly written page to keep ink from smudging on the previous page. NanamiPaper.com and Hobonichi also sell writing pads (plastic sheet) that go under the page you're writing on if you tend to press heavily when using a ballpoint or rollerball. Not as much of a problem if your pen has free-flowing ink. The paper feels just wonderful if you use a fountain pen.
    Yes, I knew about this from Fountain Pen Network.

    As for the pen marks, I may get a plastic sheet though it may be troublesome to use when I'm writing down appointments, etc. away from my desk (which often the case). May just switch to a gel pen for this paper, since those are much easier to write with than my favourite cheapo ballpoint...

  13. #28
    Forum Member monkeylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Share
    Puget Sound region
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To avoid "denting" the paper or transferring ink, use a plastic writing board. Also some inks do bleed, so it's best to do ink tests in the back of the Hobo before using. I also use an old fashioned blotter.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

  14. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The paper looks really nice, is there a way to find loose leaves?

  15. #30
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Share
    Somerville, MA
    Posts
    2,248
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The paper looks really nice, is there a way to find loose leaves?
    It's Tomoe River paper and you can buy loose leaves on Amazon, jetpens, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •