Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a site, WhiteRabbitExpress that will buy Japanese things for you and ship them. I haven't used them, but would consider it. I've heard about it from fountain pen and stationery buffs on Instagram.

Myself, I love the Hobonichi Weeks, and am wondering about a new canvas case which seems to be available to ship to US.

I also love NockCo and am thinking about their forthcoming A5 case, into which I could thrown a skinny A5 notebook, and iPad mini, the Weeks, and two pens.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone looking to get into journaling and to start using a paper calendar, where do I begin? I'm looking for something in the A6 to A5 size and prefer plain or dotted paper. I've used my iPhone for all of my calendar stuff the last few years but would like something more. Probably something with a calendar in the front and journaling space in the back, but I'm open to ideas...
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-seal-jpeg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (baby seal!)

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on everyone's valuable comments, I had decided to go with the two-book "cousin" for next year. But now seeing the full line-up I realize that I like the covers for the A6 so much more than the larger A5 Cousin size. And I'm back to indecisiveness again. Lol!

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The A6 covers! So many I really like. The red green woven one, the Sedona one, the Steiff one. And the Liberty one, and the penguin, and the seal.
    Ha!
    I will get a naked Cousin because the covers are not speaking to me and I have some I like already. But I'm
    Seriously considering foregoing the Weeks for an A6 with weekly supplement. Because the covers. Because so cute. But then there's the coffee bean Weeks. And the hedgehog Weeks.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first time ordering directly from Japan. I'm picking up not only for myself, but also for my son and my boss. My boss lived in Japan many years ago and studied under Suzuki. Can I get the Techo written in Kangi? I think he would love that. And if I'm spelling anything incorrectly or using the incorrect terminology, please forgive and correct me.

My son is specifically requesting the Sedona version cover, and I really love the linen silk screened one with the bird. I wish the linen version with the cat was being produced in the Techo.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone here used Tenso for shipping?
    The Porter bag is expensive but it really is better suited for me than the FJN for an on the go art sketching bag.
    I like the lime inside color of the techo size but think the bigger cousins version would be a bit better and makes my choice of sketchbook more flexible.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbySmurf View Post
    As someone looking to get into journaling and to start using a paper calendar, where do I begin? I'm looking for something in the A6 to A5 size and prefer plain or dotted paper. I've used my iPhone for all of my calendar stuff the last few years but would like something more. Probably something with a calendar in the front and journaling space in the back, but I'm open to ideas...
    This is a totally personal-preference thing, but you might want to look into bullet journaling; it's not something I do myself but it is very flexible and seems like a good way to combine a calendar with journaling. Pretty much any notebook will work for this.

Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    This is my first time ordering directly from Japan. I'm picking up not only for myself, but also for my son and my boss. My boss lived in Japan many years ago and studied under Suzuki. Can I get the Techo written in Kangi? I think he would love that. And if I'm spelling anything incorrectly or using the incorrect terminology, please forgive and correct me.
    The English planner (black) is imprinted with 手帳, which is the kanji for Techo. If you get the A6 Techo (cream colored), that's all in Japanese except for the front cover and a few select phrases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    This is a totally personal-preference thing, but you might want to look into bullet journaling; it's not something I do myself but it is very flexible and seems like a good way to combine a calendar with journaling. Pretty much any notebook will work for this.
    @DubbySmurf, if you're interested in trying bullet journaling but still want that ready made calendar, you might try the Weeks. It has a monthly calendar and weekly spreads, and with the spare paper in the back you have some customizable space. The regular Weeks has 72 pages; I've allotted 6 pages for each month to do tracking, make notations about hobbies, keep various logs of things, etc. I use the weekly spreads for to-do items and appointments and the like. This system works for me because I don't use the bullet journal method, but rather some of the auxiliary practices that have grown organically from it.

Normal notebook brands I can recommend: Apica, Leuchtturm, Clairefontaine, and Rhoda Web, though this last one is B6.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hedgehog Weeks! Smilie

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hedgehog weeks! Teddy Bear butt Weeks! I so don't need two Weeks but I want them lol!
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to checking the 2018 cover lineup. Hmm. None of the A5 covers stood out for me: the A6 Harp Seal Pup grabbed my attention because Michio Hoshino's photographs are amazing (check the bear mom and cub cover for the Weeks).

To me there are more interesting covers in the 2017 lineup.

I was hoping for a Safari cover for the Cousin in a more exciting color. The 2017 Olive is nothing exciting but it is functional and light. And I like it that my pen is inside the cover. I am glad I got the 2017 Safari. Looks like it will house my 2018 Cousin Avec as it did my 2017 books.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Member Alice in Wanderlust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @DubbySmurf, if you're interested in trying bullet journaling but still want that ready made calendar, you might try the Weeks. It has a monthly calendar and weekly spreads, and with the spare paper in the back you have some customizable space. The regular Weeks has 72 pages; I've allotted 6 pages for each month to do tracking, make notations about hobbies, keep various logs of things, etc. I use the weekly spreads for to-do items and appointments and the like. This system works for me because I don't use the bullet journal method, but rather some of the auxiliary practices that have grown organically from it.

Normal notebook brands I can recommend: Apica, Leuchtturm, Clairefontaine, and Rhoda Web, though this last one is B6.

They also announced the Mega Weeks, which will have 212 blank pages in the back instead of the 72. This will not be released until November.

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random Hobonichi Review: I spent the year loving my A6 but wondering if something else would be better. I just bought a Weeks on ebay to test and hated it. For those wondering the month view is smaller than the A6 which does not work for me. The week view is NICE. As for the Cousin I like it as a reference book for work but it is too big for my EDC.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast