Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The month view is just a bit narrower but a deal breaker for me. (Weeks vs A6) If this had been a full page design I would have to decide which I'd use as my edc. The new Mega Weeks with extra blank pages is so tempting but I sure wish this view was larger on the Weeks.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently use the travelers notebook (been using it for quite some time actually). I know the Hobonichi is popular but I do have a maybe dumb question: Looking at the system online, it looks like the main portion of this organizer consists of one page per day. So I was wondering what do you do if you need more than one page for a given day? And if there are days with nothing planned, do you just leave those pages blank? I don't use a daily planner insert in the travelers notebook, instead now using mostly blank pages.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dang,
    Hobonichi sells little bound notebooks that correspond to all sizes (A5, A6, Weeks) if you need additional pages.

I love the Hobonichi ecosystem! I'm kinda, ok really, tempted by the teddy bear butt Weeks. Despite being a grown up with all that entails, I still love cute.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dang, 2017 is my first year with the hobonichi cousin avec. I use it to record events and/ or impressions NOT to plan. For planning, I use Pimlical on my phone - been using it since the Handspring Treo days (1998).

When I started out, I needed overflow pages most days. I used a Stalogy half-year notebook - bought from Amazon. As the months went by, I got more disciplined - a good exercise. Now, I use/ need overflow pages occasionally. I use the A5 Cousin insert notebooks.

On days when there is nothing to write about, I play a mental game of trying to remember poems learned growing up, write down what I remember, leaving blanks, where I forgot words, phrases, whole lines - which I try to fill in over time. I have many poems to fill in/ complete. I might just cheat one day Smilie.

Or when I am lazy, I might note/ copy headlines of the day.

I wish I could draw, sketch or paint - I would fill my hobonichi with images rather than words.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new 5 year Techo....is going to be great fun for me. I don't use a planner for meetings and don't put many words into a journal. This new one will allow me to put in a few words and then do something arty on the right. I can randomly pick the days to do art and have 5 years to fill in all the days.

http://https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/magazine/2018/yokoku/2017-08-27.html

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    The new 5 year Techo....is going to be great fun for me. I don't use a planner for meetings and don't put many words into a journal. This new one will allow me to put in a few words and then do something arty on the right. I can randomly pick the days to do art and have 5 years to fill in all the days.

I think this looks awesome. I am full of questions. Does it matter that everything is in Japanese? And how much does something like this cost? Where do you buy it? I really want ones when it becomes available.
    Last edited by RichardMcG; 08-26-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    S19/Island, S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25/Coyote, GE S25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post

I had been dithering over the Leuchtturm "Some Lines a Day" 5-year journal, and while I liked the concept, I couldn't get over spending five long years looking at a cover with "Some Lines a Day" stamped in a hokey font. So, I rejoiced when I saw that the only writing on the Hobonichi 5 Year Techo is ... "Hobonichi 5 Year Techo." The design of the 5 Year Techo is so very pleasing. I like that they retained the A6 size so it can live shelved or stored next to the A6 Original or English Planner, and having the five years of the duration stamped on the spine is a very nice touch. Throw in the Tomoe River paper, and I was sold.

Did anyone else notice, by the way, that the product page said it can be used "without inserting into a cover"? If the book fits into the A6 size cover, that would be splendid.

The downside to this announcement is that I'm rethinking what I'm going to buy this year. I anticipated returning to the A6 English Planner, but now I'm wondering if that plus the 5 Year Techo will be overkill. The 5 Year plus the Weeks may be a good solution; luckily I have a couple of days to overanalyze the situation.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also contemplating just doing the 5 year but.....I will still have an order now as I really like this cover and it is not Japan only!

It's my answer to the FJN which totally is perfect for my use as for art than calendar.

https://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/..._snowpeak.html

The Hobonichi Techo thread-extra_02-jpg
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-extra_03-jpg
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-extra_04-jpg
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-extra_05-jpg

Washington, D.C.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a really cool cover. I could see that working for me too...but I also really like that liberty print Strawberry Feast cover as well Smilie Only a couple more days to decide! I have really been enjoying using my Hobo techo this year--love the paper, love the layout and size. It has worked exceptionally well with my fountain pens & ink.

The 5 year is tempting, but I already have one called Mom's One Line A Day. I fill it in when I feel like it, so it's going to last much longer than 5 years at this rate. I think I have entries dated from 2012 in it Smilie But once I eventually fill it up, I would definitely consider the Hobonichi one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tick tock tick tock.....been trying to check out for close to an hour now. Sigh

That did the trick.... I got to the checkout just after posting. Testing out Tenso as I decided I really did want the Porter bag as it will be perfect also to take out with my watercolor sketch kit.

I will let people know how well it worked with Tenso.
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 08-31-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. Might have to go to bed and try in the morning. But what if a thing sells out?!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Me too. Might have to go to bed and try in the morning. But what if a thing sells out?!
    Right after posting I got through.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got home late from work (after midnight eastern time) and was super excited that I remembered the onsale tonight...until I tried to check out *sigh*

EDIT: 1:25 AM success!

So what did everyone get? I went for the Teddy Bear Butt Weeks (I forget the proper name for it) and the Steiff (book only) plus a few random accessories. It looks like next year's planners are going to have a definite, unplanned theme Smilie
    Last edited by jess; 08-31-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success! But it took 3 hours of refreshing and reloading the shopping cart.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum has been the source of wonderful product recommendations but it sure is costing me a fortune. I took the plunge into Hobonichi, now another source of anticipation syndrome. I am excited as I have been struggling to find a planner that works for me for years.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast