Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chanced it, woke up early this morning, and got everything I wanted.

I ordered two Hobonichi Techo A6 Originals in English. One for my son: World Folk (The Land of Sedona Set), and one for me: Kagoshima (Bird Flower Willow Set). I also tossed in a cover on cover (because I am a messy woman and spill things) and a pack of the Hobonichi translucent sticky notes with the "Flower Vase" theme.

It was my first time ordering directly from the company. Although for some weird reason I felt nervous navigating the pages, the ordering process was super smooth. I think things came to around 14,000 yen. I gulped at that and then considered; it's about $60.00 per book. $60.00 over 12 months is nothing. And I have faithfully consulted my Hobo daily since I got it last year. Each time it's been tiny little happy happy joy moment, so I'm considering the price a reduction in "couch therapy." All in all, GOOD STUFF!

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to give up after three hours of refreshing last night. Bought everything I wanted this morning. A6 year 2 here I come.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up ordering last night and went to bed. Woke up and ordered the Steiff cover and planner and teddy bear butt Weeks.
    I sense a theme.
    I have heard that Jetpens will carry the Cousin this year, too. Someone in a Hobonichi group emailed them, so it seems official. I'll probably get a Cousin from them. I just didn't want to miss out on the Steiff. Smilie

Toronto, ON Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried for awhile last night but got nowhere. Ordered right away this morning. Got my Techno Planner and a few accessories but was most pleased as I got a Weeks Irma cover. I know it costs a lot but I've found that I prefer zippered covers. I use the Scarlet Canvas one for my planner every day and then I shift to the Snowpeak when out I'm on tour. There are two stores in Toronto that carry Hobonichi so I'm hoping one of them will carry the Mega Weeks when it comes out. If not then perhaps JetPens.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Imagine set (A6, English). I love that detailed drawing style!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    I got the Imagine set (A6, English). I love that detailed drawing style!
    Please post pictures when it arrives - wasn't there also a matching tote to that pattern?

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-01-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Please post pictures when it arrives - wasn't there also a matching tote to that pattern?

moriond
    Yup - but all my bags are from some other manufacturer. Wink

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK mine has shipped from Hobonichi and my fingers are crossed for part 2. I ordered a Japan only item that is on its way to Tenso in Osaka. Japan post says it arrives there tomorrow. So with any luck I will get the invoice from Tenso right away and they can ship it off to me. I bought the Cousin sized Porter bag which will be great for either a Techo kit, Midori traveler kit or a just a watercolor sketch kit.
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 09-02-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been bummed out because I want to go with the cousin avec size for 2018, but don't really like any of the covers available. Then I just realized that my leather Oberon Designs journal cover looks like it will fit the cousin size perfectly! So now I'm super excited to try it! And if I don't like how it fits, it looks like there is a guy on Amazon that makes leather covers that will work nicely. Now I will finally pull the trigger on the larger cousin size. Embarrassment

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still need someone to explain to me, a Hobonichi newbie, exactly where I go to try and get one of the 5 Year Planners when they are released in December.
    S19/Island, S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25/Coyote, GE S25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on buying through Tenso - wow. I ordered the night of the 31st or late morning the 1st Japan time. Arrived at Tenso in Osaka on the 4th. Arrived at my home in Philadelphia on the 7th.

Cost. I'm not sure what Hobonichi would have charged me on shipping. The shipping cost from Hobo. to Tenso was 756 yen. I did get charged local sales tax which is not on international shipments.

Tenso uses EMS rates less 5%. I have a different Hobonichi order that is smaller and is about 2/3 the cost of the shipping from Tenso. So, seems clear Tenso shipping costs are pretty correct. They charge a modest fee for the service just a few dollars.

Bottom line I'd use them again for Japan only merchandise.

Now for the Porter bag. It is perfect for me. Very happy.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI for those people who order from JetPens - they have Hobonichi's in stock now. Ordered mine this morning. Cool
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    I still need someone to explain to me, a Hobonichi newbie, exactly where I go to try and get one of the 5 Year Planners when they are released in December.
    Richard, I imagine that you can just go to the 2018 Hobonichi Techo website and they'll have them for sale. It's not clear to me yet whether or not they'll be sold elsewhere, but announcements will undoubtedly be forthcoming.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...H6jRh7auPky08w

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JetPens confirmed to me that Hobonichi is keeping the 5 year planner to themselves this year and you will have to order direct. It will not be at JetPens.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    JetPens confirmed to me that Hobonichi is keeping the 5 year planner to themselves this year and you will have to order direct. It will not be at JetPens.
    This is really helpful info; thanks for passing it along. I'm not planning on buying any special stuff this year so I guess I'll wait until December for the 5 Year Techo.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast