Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I just got my techo A6 with a melon cover and I don't love it or the cover.

To be fair, it took my ink well but I can still see my writing clearly through the other side. I am going to use it for 2018 and I don't know, maybe it will grow on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Cristina, you might get used to the ghosting. I'm on my third year with Hobonichi paper, and have grown to like seeing my writing and little doodles through the page on the left. Also, it makes the clean page on the right that more special. I've found the pencil board to help with ghosting too.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    @Cristina, you might get used to the ghosting. I'm on my third year with Hobonichi paper, and have grown to like seeing my writing and little doodles through the page on the left. Also, it makes the clean page on the right that more special. I've found the pencil board to help with ghosting too.
    Thank you @Rocks, I hope so.

I have been using Clairefontaine and Atoma notebooks for awhile now specifically because pens don't show through, and I thought that the fact that the Hobonichi paper was good for fountain pens meant it wouldn't show through, but I was wrong!

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love CF paper and Midori MD and various other Japanese brands (Kokuyo, Life) but I really love everything about the Hobonichi planner. It's weird at first, but it definitely grew on me. I like the Japanese version with the different color grid every month.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love CF paper and Midori MD and various other Japanese brands (Kokuyo, Life) but I really love everything about the Hobonichi planner. It's weird at first, but it definitely grew on me. I like the Japanese version with the different color grid every month.
    The different coloured grids sound nice! Thanks for the encouragement. I will start filling stuff in and see if I get used to it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO JEALOUS. One day I will go there myself. I need to make a Hobonichi pilgrimage.
    @Rocks, the shop in Kyoto is very small. I was hoping to eyeball the macaroon cover, but they did not have one at the store.

On the first floor of the building is a Mina Perhonnen. Ohhh, their fabrics and the items they made out of them are very beautiful, elegant, unique with prices to match.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat. I hope it will hold my Hobonochi A6, my card case insert, and my second (Collections) notebook. I'm currently in the Raymay Multi-Use Covered Notebook. I took out the notebook it comes with and put in two pocket-size Tomoe Inserts (160 pages each) and my card case, and it's pretty stuffed. I love it, but I don't think I'm going to be able to put my Hobonichi in there in place of one of the inserts and still zip it closed. I hope the Nock Seed gives me a little more breathing room.

ETA: I can't get the link to work properly. Check out the Raymay on Jetpens - it's pretty cool, and I hear you can carry the A6 Hobonichi in it as long as you're not planning on carrying much else.
    Last edited by Ovis Obscura; 10-21-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Linkage

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I am repeating someone here, but have you heared about Jibun Techo made by Kokuyo? It has the same paper as Hobonichi but it has a different calender layout: it‘s a month and a week with a couple of yearly views. No daily pages and the week is vertical like in the A5 Hobonichis.
    I use a calnder strictly for planing and journal in undated inserts/books so daily pages are too much for me. And the Hobonichi weeks while cute and well layed out does not work for me because I need a timeline to figure out where things either overlap or only have a tiny gap between (I track the timelines of three children. Just for my apointments a horizontal week layout would work fine)

I will upload pictures later. It comes in an A5 slim size and in a B6 slim size. Meaning both have the standard hights of the DIN normed sizes but are not as whide. I have the lager version.

Ilkyway
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @Rocks, I hope so.

I have been using Clairefontaine and Atoma notebooks for awhile now specifically because pens don't show through, and I thought that the fact that the Hobonichi paper was good for fountain pens meant it wouldn't show through, but I was wrong!
    Clairefontaine and Rhodia make thin notebooks that, I believe, could be included into an Hobonichi system the same way the Nook and other brand, like Nock can be used with it.

You could, for example, use pencils, even mechanical pencils with multiple color leads inside the Hobonichi, then use your fountain pens, for notes, with Rhodia thin notebook.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-22-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pictures of the Jibun Techo:

The last one with two month on one double page I intent to use as a tracker Smilie

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Clairefontaine and Rhodia make thin notebooks that, I believe, could be included into an Hobonichi system the same way the Nook and other brand, like Nock can be used with it.

You could, for example, use pencils, even mechanical pencils with multiple color leads inside the Hobonichi, then use your fountain pens, for notes, with Rhodia thin notebook.
    If Clairefontaine made a daily planner I would be all over it!! The Hobonichi Techo thread

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...is it just me, or would the new Travel Cubelet be PERFECT for phone, Hobonichi (A6), and a few supplies?

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovis Obscura View Post
    So...is it just me, or would the new Travel Cubelet be PERFECT for phone, Hobonichi (A6), and a few supplies?
    I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I get mine, I'm going to try it out. I'll share photos, but I'd love to see others' photos as well!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Clairefontaine made a daily planner I would be all over it!! The Hobonichi Techo thread
    In the U.S.A, Clairefontaine brand, is distributed by Exaclair as well as Rhodia notepads makers and Quo Vadis and Exacomptaplanner makers, they all have the same smooth fountain pen friendly paper.

They all originated in France, at a time, when dip pens, then fountain pens were -the- writing instrument of choice.

They all have great fountain pen friendly paper.

https://rhodiapads.com/collections_b...ebplanners.php

https://quovadisplanners.com/

https://www.exaclair.com/brands_clairefontaine.php#
    Last edited by backpack; 10-25-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    In the U.S.A, Clairefontaine brand, is distributed by Exaclair as well as Rhodia notepads makers and Quo Vadis and Exacomptaplanner makers, they all have the same smooth fountain pen friendly paper because all originated in France, at the time, when dip pens, then fountain pens were -the- writing instrument of choice.

They all have great fountain pen friendly paper.

https://rhodiapads.com/collections_b...ebplanners.php

https://quovadisplanners.com/

https://www.exaclair.com/brands_clairefontaine.php#
    Oh wow, I knew Rhodia used CF paper but I didn't know Quo Vadis also did! Thanks. I know I can get Quo Vadis planners here in the U.K. I shall check it out!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too - photos of cubelets and hobos together needed...

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast