1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I'm loving how well the Travel Cublet works as a portable planner kit. It perfectly holds my A6 plus a few pens and accessories. This plus the SK in the Pop Tote is my new favorite EDC.
    Me too, although for me, my A6 goes in my purse as it is my life organiser, so my travel cubelet carried my 5 year, which I am using just as a diary, inspirational writing, quotes, mental health reminders (eg breathe), etc plus fountain pens on a recent trip. Works so well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovis Obscura View Post
    I'm currently using a Lihit Lab A5 pouch, and I like it, but I wish all the pockets were on the inside. The flaps on the outside pockets catch on things when I slip it into my bag.
    That is interesting as I loved the look of the lihit lab but wanted A6. I'd reconsider after your comment.

I looked at the drawers but they were too expensive and although I love Hobonichi notebooks, I prefer bags from TB. I don't have the same compulsion to have all the bags/all the colours as I do with TB. If TB brought out something like that, I'd be hard pressed to resist!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might like the A6 (I'm assuming that's the size you have) Nock Co. Seed Case. I have one, and I love it for travel.
    Seed A6 ? Nock Co.
    I didn't love the seed, but wow to their pen cases with roll-out tongues!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    That is interesting as I loved the look of the lihit lab but wanted A6. I'd reconsider after your comment.

I looked at the drawers but they were too expensive and although I love Hobonichi notebooks, I prefer bags from TB. I don't have the same compulsion to have all the bags/all the colours as I do with TB. If TB brought out something like that, I'd be hard pressed to resist!
    It's not quite the same, but the Side Kick is a very nice home for a Hobonichi and accessories. (And wallet. And other stuff.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not quite the same, but the Side Kick is a very nice home for a Hobonichi and accessories. (And wallet. And other stuff.)
    I also use my side kick for all those things, but I do find that I really only like my hobo on its side in it, even though it fits upright. But that is my current EDC.

I use my travel cubelet for my other hobo, plus pens for travel.

My hobonichi buying started because of the TB forums and have led to a need for more TB bags... Not that I am complaining.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My absolute favorite TB storage item for my A6 Hobonichi Techo is the Second Aid Kit. It zips open flat, so I'm comfortable with using the calendar laying flat on that when I'm out at places that may have a few coffee rings on the table, etc. It has a clear pocket that holds my planner sticks. On the opposite side it has the two mesh pockets. One contains a white-out pen; the other contains a tube of paper clips. And the middle elastic loops hold a couple more pens.

It slides into my larger bags (currently my Navy Pop Tote) and slides out easily. I like that there's no strap on it, but rather the handles are easy to locate and grab. And it's blue. What's not to love!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another convert to the Hobonichi because of this forum.
    I'm pretty confident that I will be buying another next year so I splurged on a custom Van Der Speck cover for it. That the colours match my Mars Red/Canyon Brain Bag may not be entirely coincidental The Hobonichi Techo thread

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh that Vaniahing Point. I have pen envy. I regret not getting a crimson sunrise limited edition version.
    I’ve used fountain pens all my life, and Hobonichis for three years. They go so well together.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    My absolute favorite TB storage item for my A6 Hobonichi Techo is the Second Aid Kit.
    I never thought of that. Can you post a picture of your hobonichi in it?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly, although I am not talented at inserting photos with this forum, so please forgive me if they come out askew. Also, I took these photos after it turned dark, so the color may be washed out.

The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_0357-jpg

The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_0358-jpg

The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_0359-jpg

The Hobonichi Techo thread-img_0360-jpg

You can see how the clam shell style of the bag makes an ideal protective surface upon which to write. I can't stand to get my TB gear dirty, but my case for my Hobo this year is a linen one with a delicate screen print, so I treat it with kid gloves. TB stuff is really durable. I can take a damp cloth to the Second Aid Kit, and it cleans up in a jiffy.

I really love how I can slip this in and out of my EDC bags. Since I travel everywhere with my Hobo, it's a great way for me to keep my essentials close at hand.

ETA: Yep. My photos came out tilted. Well, perhaps you can tilt your screen to get a better idea of how it all lines up. I keep the bag in the center, and the photos with the stickers, stencil, and ruler are the items that stay in the clear side. The mesh side of the bag has its items laying on top of their respective slots. And I kept the pens clipped in.

The bag zips up easily around the planner, even being in its case. The ribbon bookmarks just slide up and out of the way.
    Last edited by Mausermama; 03-13-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hobonichi Techo thread

Here is one more set of pictures sent from Tapatalk (hopefully oriented correctly) that show the bag zipped up with all its contents tucked inside. It doesnít bulge or strain anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Here is one more set of pictures sent from Tapatalk
    Wow that looks so good! I think I'm now ISO a second aid case just for this, although already wishing it was in other colours. Thanks for posting.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three weeks in Vietnam coming up, carry on only with family - so slightly limited in what to take but more concious that I will be limited in time to contemplate and write so no point going overboard with beloved paper and pen items.

But I have reached a decision to take my avec A6. It is mainly used for planning at home with some small drawings to illustrate the day and I am don't want to lose it! But it is the right size and without the planning and to do lists, it will be just right for a reflection on the day.

I was unsure as I use a five year book as my 'diary' - inspirational quotes, musings, etc. more appropriate for a travel journal, but it is too big to take.

I am also definitely taking a tiny Hobonichi A6 notebook as my notes about flights, insurance, etc. I've stuck in passport pages for easy reference and drawn a calendar for planning as we go.

Now just need to figure out the right TB item to put it in... thinking dawn travel cubelet or double OP.
    Last edited by Kirri; 04-13-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three weeks in Vietnam coming up, carry on only with family - so slightly limited in what to take but more concious that I will be limited in time to contemplate and write so no point going overboard with beloved paper and pen items.

But I have reached a decision to take my avec A6. It is mainly used for planning at home with some small drawings to illustrate the day and I am don't want to lose it! But it is the right size and without the planning and to do lists, it will be just right for a reflection on the day.

I am also definitely taking a tiny Hobonichi A6 notebook as my notes about flights, insurance, etc. I've stuck in passport pages for easy reference and drawn a calendar for planning as we go.

Now just need to figure out the right TB item to put it in... thinking dawn travel cubelet or double OP.
    Would love to see pictures of the pages you’ve prepared for the trip!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Travel Cubelet works great if you're traveling ultra-light (which I do when I go to Asia). Take your Avec and one or two pens, and you should be fine. I'd love to see photos of your pages that you've worked out for your trip!

Maybe take some washi, too - I found it very useful for taping in ticket stubs and things like that. I only tape one side so that I can still write on the paper underneath.

I'm going to Italy in May (with a couple of days in Germany with friends), and I'm packing light, but not carry-on only. My Hobonichi is definitely coming with me. (This is my first year with my Hobonichi.) Like you, I don't want to lose it, but I also don't want to be without it! I'm really not worried. I've traveled with journals before, and they always stay in my handbag, which I carry crossbody with my arm across it to discourage any pickpockets. You'll be all right.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast