Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have mentioned that I have also used the A6 Lihit Lab pouch, just not for my Hobonichi (yet). And it's a great pouch! I've used it much like the Travel Cubelet, as an organizer pouch inside a larger bag (in my case, a Little Swift) and then as an ultra-tiny handbag.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ovis Obscura and Travel Tech: here are some photos.

-I made a time conversion chart and currency conversion cheat sheet. More accurate info is on my phone but it is good to not have to keep pulling that out.
    -A blank calendar for planning as we go along. (not much of that happening so far as we are eating, walking, eating, sleeping, eating our way around Hanoi so far!
    -Insurance contact details. I also have this for all our bank cards.
    -flight information.
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-time-jpegThe Hobonichi Techo thread-accom-jpegThe Hobonichi Techo thread-calendar-jpegThe Hobonichi Techo thread-flight-jpegThe Hobonichi Techo thread-insurance-jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images The Hobonichi Techo thread-accom-jpg 

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! Iím just starting my journal for an upcoming trip.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone heard about these coming soon items?
    http://http://www.1101.com/store/techo/en/magazine/2018/hikidashi/2018-02-26.html

Two sizes
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-d5aa2859-2542-426d-85c1-6b0e3ce169ea-jpeg

The Hobonichi Techo thread-4eaa8d6f-6913-4c83-9c8f-600876ff864d-jpeg

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, @tebnewyork!

I belong to several Hobonichi groups on Facebook, and when these were first released, there was a lot of excitement. I looked at them really hard, but I opted not to order either size because I didn’t see any particular fabric catch my eye.

I’m kind of glad I held off, too. The price is pretty high, and more than one person who has purchased one has been disappointed with the build quality. I can’t speak to it myself, not ever having seen one in real life, but I think my TB solutions are more durable and serve me just as well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Hi, @tebnewyork!

I belong to several Hobonichi groups on Facebook, and when these were first released, there was a lot of excitement. I looked at them really hard, but I opted not to order either size because I didn’t see any particular fabric catch my eye.

I’m kind of glad I held off, too. The price is pretty high, and more than one person who has purchased one has been disappointed with the build quality. I can’t speak to it myself, not ever having seen one in real life, but I think my TB solutions are more durable and serve me just as well.
    Great feedback!
    I haven't ordered. I did buy the cousins sized Porter (japan only) bag this year and really love it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you guys traveling with your Hobonichi and not getting them bent and stuff? I have a thin case around mine, but I don't really trust it during long travel.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
    How are you guys traveling with your Hobonichi and not getting them bent and stuff? I have a thin case around mine, but I don't really trust it during long travel.
    In my case, I’m not. I do my advance planning in my hobonichi but create a separate book to take on the trip -similar to one of those travelers blank notebooks. I prepare it before I leave and than carry it in a TB bag with journaling supplies. ��
    Luminary 15, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slip it into a Second Aid Bag! Thatís how I travel with my Hobo, and itís in perfect condition. Even better, the bag opens clam-shell style so that I have a clean surface upon which to lay the Hobo. Sometimes I am in a spot where the surface isnít the greatest. The bag comes in most handy for those times, and it cleans up very nicely, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
    How are you guys traveling with your Hobonichi and not getting them bent and stuff?
    My Planner (the A6 size) is in one of the Hobo covers, with a cover-on-cover over that. That is plenty of protection as far as Iím concerned (Iíll replace the cover-on-cover when it starts to split, which based on past experience will likely be after about 8-9 months of use), but I then keep that set up inside a Travel Cubelet along with some pens and washi tape, and the Travel Cubelet goes into my bag for the day. I have the same set up both at home and when traveling.

My previous Hobo was in very good shape after a year like that (except for the fact that it was bulging from all the things Iíd taped in).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Chic Sparrow A6 size TN for my Techo but found it too bulky. I now keep it in a leather pouch, also from Chic Sparrow.
    This works very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aisle seat
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using a leather cover made by Popov Leather for almost 2 years now. Love that thing! Protects my Hobonichi and is just the perfect size. You can chose leather color, thread color, personalization etc. and then they hand stitch it.

Sorry for the horrible phone picture.

The Hobonichi Techo thread-20180508_172030rez-jpg
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waking up this thread since it’s that time of year again.

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I became intrigued about these after reading this thread and bought a 5 year version. I realize that was a mistake now. I am just too wordy for it. I never even wrote in it. I guess it is n the way to eBay soon where someone will get a great deal!
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have read through the entire thread with interest! I am currently using this Leuchtturm1917 for my daily work notebook.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would like something similar but with a calendar. I take 3-4 pages of notes a day. I love the Hobonichi look. Any suggestions from the experts?
    Aeronaut 30 in Aubergine/Wasabi
    Ristretto in Olive/Cayenne
    Small cafe in Plum Cordura/Olive
    Western Flyer in Black/Island
    Synapse 19 in Burnt Orange/Northwest Sky
    Smart Alec in Black/Iberian
    Synapse 25 in Red Blend/Northwest Sky
    Small Cafe bag in Red Blend/Navy (EDCB)
    Accessories:travel tray , Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, 3D Organizer Cube, Set of A30 Aether Packing Cubes, Side Effect, and a Double Organizer Pouch I use as a wallet.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast