Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Have read through the entire thread with interest! I am currently using this Leuchtturm1917 for my daily work notebook.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would like something similar but with a calendar. I take 3-4 pages of notes a day. I love the Hobonichi look. Any suggestions from the experts?
    I use a Hobonichi A6 Avec - two books for the year so you are only carrying half as much- and a Hobonichi 5 year book cut into thirds as a supplementary notebook. Because of the binding this stays together when cut up.

This works well for me but I wish Hobonichi made a book with the monthly calendar, daily pages and lots of blank pages!

There are other tomoe river paper books with blank pages that I have tried, but mostly they are 67gsm not 55gsm ( may have precise weights wrong). I realised it is the thinness of the Hobonichi pages that I love and I have not found anything like a blank Hobonichi yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    I use a Hobonichi A6 Avec - two books for the year so you are only carrying half as much- and a Hobonichi 5 year book cut into thirds as a supplementary notebook. Because of the binding this stays together when cut up.

This works well for me but I wish Hobonichi made a book with the monthly calendar, daily pages and lots of blank pages!

There are other tomoe river paper books with blank pages that I have tried, but mostly they are 67gsm not 55gsm ( may have precise weights wrong). I realised it is the thinness of the Hobonichi pages that I love and I have not found anything like a blank Hobonichi yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-aee651a2-7ef9-4162-b6c6-e827f378bfa5-jpeg

Sounds like you’d like the Stalogy notebooks

https://www.jetpens.com/Stalogy-Edit...Black/pd/17562
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 08-04-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried them but they just didn't feel the same to me - the paper is different and somehow it just wasn't right. Which is weird because the hobonichi is not right either - not enough blank pages - but somehow I can live with that rightness where I can't live with stalogy!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    The Hobonichi Techo thread-aee651a2-7ef9-4162-b6c6-e827f378bfa5-jpeg

Sounds like youíd like the Stalogy notebooks

https://www.jetpens.com/Stalogy-Edit...Black/pd/17562
    I bought a Stalogy a few years ago. I cannot read the header - font size is too tiny and font color is too light. The grids are printed on the front of each page only.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Have read through the entire thread with interest! I am currently using this Leuchtturm1917 for my daily work notebook.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would like something similar but with a calendar. I take 3-4 pages of notes a day. I love the Hobonichi look. Any suggestions from the experts?
    This might not work for you but Taroko Shop on Etsy is a very good shop and items arrive very quickly. It's the closest I've seen to what you are looking for. I personally don't use a paper calendar, so for journaling /drawing I buy previous year's Hobonichis cheap, and cross out the dates. I get them for the paper. I've not used the enigma, but friends have and they love this notebook.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Somerset, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case people haven't seen yet, the full line-up will be revealed on Friday.

In the meantime, there are a few teasers here, with more to come each day until Friday.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has one of the 2017 silicone covers around that they are sick of or hate, I’m all ears.

Or longshot 2016 or 2017 Porter weeks (was japan only)

Thanks,
    Terry

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    This might not work for you but Taroko Shop on Etsy is a very good shop and items arrive very quickly. It's the closest I've seen to what you are looking for. I personally don't use a paper calendar, so for journaling /drawing I buy previous year's Hobonichis cheap, and cross out the dates. I get them for the paper. I've not used the enigma, but friends have and they love this notebook
    I tried that too. Definitely a nice choice. A lovely notebook which made me realise how much I like the 57gsm Hobonichi paper. :-)

I am going to try a Nanami cafe A6 this year - fingers crossed it is the blank 57gsm tomoe river notebook I am seeking. Meanwhile buying my partner a mega weeks so I don't totally miss out on Hobonichi-ness.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adore Taroko Shop. (They’re on Amazon, too!) I use their Passport-sized Graph notebook as my Collections Notebook with my A6 Hobonichi. The Taroko notebook slips nicely into any cover I happen to use, or just tucks into my tiny purses with my Hobonichi if my bag is too small for a cover. I love it, and I think (fingers crossed) that one is going to last me the whole year!
    If you take lots of notes every day, however, one of their bigger/thicker notebooks might be better.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of switching to a Weeks for my edc planner next year, does anyone know if it would fit in a (pretty fullish) ballistic Side Kick? Right now I have an A6 and it fits perfectly in a Travel Cublet but I know a weeks would be too tall for that.
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Weeks would fit fine in a SideKick with some stuff in it.
    I just put mine into the Travel Cubelet and it fit and zipped closed. Barely but it did.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    The Weeks would fit fine in a SideKick with some stuff in it.
    I just put mine into the Travel Cubelet and it fit and zipped closed. Barely but it did.
    Awesome, thanks!
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When people put their hobonichi into the travel cubelet... is that with or without a hobo cover?
    delight in the making

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalei View Post
    When people put their hobonichi into the travel cubelet... is that with or without a hobo cover?
    Mine (A6 size) has a cover, and has quite a few extra things stuffed inside so itís pretty bulgy. But it fits in the TC with room to spare, even with the seven pens I also keep in it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really good to know. I have a couple of travel cubelets, and I’ve been considering carrying them as ultra-light belt pouches, but I wasn’t sure if I could fit everything in there. (I still may not be able to - I have a pretty big phone.)

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast