Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 496 to 507 of 507
  1. #496
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    Ditto on the suggestion to get notification from JetPens and order when back in stock. Plenty of time before 2020.
    What is so special about JetPens? Why not buy one from others that have in stock, like Amazon today? Just curious..

  2. #497
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    What is so special about JetPens? Why not buy one from others that have in stock, like Amazon today? Just curious..
    Hi @gadgets,

    JetPens is a good source of other stationary and pen products and will ship without additional postage charges to the U.S. for amounts over $25. Amazon works pretty well if you catch stock at the beginning of the buying season (near the August debut, or the February debut, for example), but then they tend to sell out and basically don't restock. The other (secondary) sellers of the Hobonichi products at Amazon then tend to jack up the prices. What seemed to happen (as people read through the Hobonichi discussion thread), is that a lot of the interest also goes to other pens, paper types, washi tapes, and miscellania that JetPens seems to carry (and also discusses in overall reviews).

    If you're really interested in the specialty items it's worth ordering directly from Hobonichi, but postage is expensive. And I think your suggestion about ordering from other sources that have the item in stock is fine, but, as I said, I've found that unless you catch the Hobonichi products at the start of a production line at Amazon, you won't be as successful in ordering items or finding the same range of selection.

    Just my thoughts YMMV,

    moriond

  3. #498
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for replying. I was curious because they are (A5, A6) currently in stock at Amazon at similar or cheaper prices. Canít find English version of A5, though (But canít find it at JetPens either).

  4. #499
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @gadget, the only Hobonichi Planner with an English version is the A6.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #500
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered mine for 2020! Giving keeping a journal/diary and fountain pens another chance and hoping the Hobonichi can help! Smilie

  6. #501
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,188
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KempSauce View Post
    I just ordered mine for 2020! Giving keeping a journal/diary and fountain pens another chance and hoping the Hobonichi can help! Smilie
    Welcome to the Forums @KempSauce!

    I'm trying out a Hobo Weeks for the first time...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  7. #502
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Gemini and love paper (and Tom Bihn products) but am terrible at journal keeping. However, at the end of last year we set goals of losing weight and getting more exercise. We already had a Sci-Fit Rex 7000 Recumbent Elliptical given to me by my mother after step-dad passed so no excuse for not exercising other than laziness. We are both early 70's. Larry has Neuropathy and a bad knee and I had a heart attack April 2018 so getting the excess weight off was important for both of us. For exercise we aim for 45 minutes to an hour of Elliptical exercise daily and sometimes do more. A TV in the garage and back door that looks out at the hummingbird feeder makes the time go quickly. Larry golfs (with cart) four or five times a week. I putter in the yard, walk the dog and once in a while golf.

    I use the HOBO Weeks to record my health stats on the daily pages. On the left hand page there are 3 lines for each day. First line is Move, Exercise and Stand, second line is Total Calories burned and third line is for two blood pressure readings. Data on the first two lines is from my Apple Watch that has been so helpful to me. I have "white coat syndrome" so doctor recommended keeping daily record of BP. On the right hand page I enter weight (couple times a week) and any health related info.

    The other thing we did is start intermittent fasting around Feb 15th. Ours is simple method with eating window between approximately 1 PM to 8 PM. I have a spoon of unsweetened applesauce or yogurt with my am medicine and we drink coffee and water but other than that nothing until 1. IF combined with daily working out has been blessing for us. We don't get hungry - eat healthy but are not obsessive about it and still enjoy wine and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I've lost 30 and Larry has lost 44 pounds since January 1st. We'd like to each lose another 30 to 40 pounds but we're very pleased with progress to date. We've dropped a couple sizes and feel better about ourselves as well as feeling better physically. The Hobo Weekly is ideal for the records I keep and could probably work as food journal too if we decide to keep that information.


  8. #503
    TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Share
    Florida
    Posts
    826
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
    I am a Gemini and love paper (and Tom Bihn products) but am terrible at journal keeping. However, at the end of last year we set goals of losing weight and getting more exercise. We already had a Sci-Fit Rex 7000 Recumbent Elliptical given to me by my mother after step-dad passed so no excuse for not exercising other than laziness. We are both early 70's. Larry has Neuropathy and a bad knee and I had a heart attack April 2018 so getting the excess weight off was important for both of us. For exercise we aim for 45 minutes to an hour of Elliptical exercise daily and sometimes do more. A TV in the garage and back door that looks out at the hummingbird feeder makes the time go quickly. Larry golfs (with cart) four or five times a week. I putter in the yard, walk the dog and once in a while golf.

    I use the HOBO Weeks to record my health stats on the daily pages. On the left hand page there are 3 lines for each day. First line is Move, Exercise and Stand, second line is Total Calories burned and third line is for two blood pressure readings. Data on the first two lines is from my Apple Watch that has been so helpful to me. I have "white coat syndrome" so doctor recommended keeping daily record of BP. On the right hand page I enter weight (couple times a week) and any health related info.

    The other thing we did is start intermittent fasting around Feb 15th. Ours is simple method with eating window between approximately 1 PM to 8 PM. I have a spoon of unsweetened applesauce or yogurt with my am medicine and we drink coffee and water but other than that nothing until 1. IF combined with daily working out has been blessing for us. We don't get hungry - eat healthy but are not obsessive about it and still enjoy wine and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I've lost 30 and Larry has lost 44 pounds since January 1st. We'd like to each lose another 30 to 40 pounds but we're very pleased with progress to date. We've dropped a couple sizes and feel better about ourselves as well as feeling better physically. The Hobo Weekly is ideal for the records I keep and could probably work as food journal too if we decide to keep that information.

    I really love how you are using your Weekly. And congratulations on your weight loss! I am down 27 pounds myself due to some concerted effort at better eating choices. I have been considering adding in the fasting element such as you mention, but now Iím feeling more committed. Thank you for sharing your success!

    I use my Weekly to keep track of my work blog posts. I write three a week. I also track blog ideas and meeting notes on the free pages. Sadly, my smaller daily Hobo (English version) hasnít received much love since the virus came to stay. I track virus numbers on it, and thatís pretty much it. It makes me think I shouldnít buy one next year, but I love the paper so much. I will definitely continue to get the Weekly, though. It makes a great blog chronicle.

  9. #504
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I really love how you are using your Weekly. And congratulations on your weight loss! I am down 27 pounds myself due to some concerted effort at better eating choices. I have been considering adding in the fasting element such as you mention, but now Iím feeling more committed. Thank you for sharing your success!

    I use my Weekly to keep track of my work blog posts. I write three a week. I also track blog ideas and meeting notes on the free pages. Sadly, my smaller daily Hobo (English version) hasnít received much love since the virus came to stay. I track virus numbers on it, and thatís pretty much it. It makes me think I shouldnít buy one next year, but I love the paper so much. I will definitely continue to get the Weekly, though. It makes a great blog chronicle.
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I still want to congratulate you on your weight loss. I know it isn't easy.

    Also, JetPens has the 2021 Hobonichi products in stock today. I ordered the Bow & Tie - Swallow 2021 Weeks and Hobonichi Paper(s) 165 sheet booklet by Ryoji Aria because I love the bird cover and back. Seriously considered ordering the A6 English book with same cover set but am holding off for now.

  10. #505
    Forum Member TRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Share
    Southern California
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
    Also, JetPens has the 2021 Hobonichi products in stock today. I ordered the Bow & Tie - Swallow 2021 Weeks and Hobonichi Paper(s) 165 sheet booklet by Ryoji Aria because I love the bird cover and back. Seriously considered ordering the A6 English book with same cover set but am holding off for now. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    I should have ordered when they were available.

    I've been wavering on picking up the Camp weeks because the cover is so cute. Personally, I love the Techo, for work I use the Cousin Avec. Weeks falls in weird middle where I don't like the monthly layout, (squares are too small) and that impacts my use of it. I really really love the Camp though. UGH.

  11. #506
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    I should have ordered when they were available.

    I've been wavering on picking up the Camp weeks because the cover is so cute. Personally, I love the Techo, for work I use the Cousin Avec. Weeks falls in weird middle where I don't like the monthly layout, (squares are too small) and that impacts my use of it. I really really love the Camp though. UGH.
    Jetpens still has the Techo A 6 english book and the Camp cover .... spendy but it is available. Looks like they expect to restock the Camp Weeks.

    I made the "mistake" of going back to Jetpens site and looking at A6 books and covers ... fell in love with the Time-Traveling Bird cover and got the last one until they are restocked. I love going out at night and looking at the stars and love birds so the cover spoke to me. Could have bought cover by itself direct from the source but Jetpens is reliable and ships quickly so went that route. Also got the A6 size plain notebook .... Tomoe River paper and only $14.75. LOL I am a gemini and i love paper.

    Wish Tom Bihn would make Hobo covers but understand they need to focus their efforts on making what they can easily sell. Think a urethane cover on cover would be so much better than PVC. For $5.00 I bought the Jetpens PVC cover on cover, have never had a Hobonichi brand cover so after it is received will make decision on using the cover on cover.

  12. #507
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Nock.co Kickstarter project for waxed canvas pen cases

    For those of you who are familiar with Nock Co. and their pen case and paper products, theyíve been running a Kickstarter project to produce their popular Brasstown (pen roll) and Sinclair cases in black waxed canvas and aqua interior as part of efforts to go forward post the present Covid-19 period. They made their goal shortly after the campaign started, so this is in case anyone is interested in this during the final day of their campaign. They are among the many non-Bag product vendors that I discovered through these forums. (Thereís a Nock Brasstown pen case and a Dot-Dash note pad in my photos in The new Black (Dark Grid) Halcyon Daylight Briefcase thread.

    Just a FYI (for your information). 25 hours before campaign closes.

    moriond

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •