Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Oh I did not even know there was a German distributor. Should have asked here first... I bought from Gourlet Pen stupid me. I looked on Amazon.de and that was more than getting it all the way from USA.

I got: Liberty's Elysium (blue), African Violet and something from De Atramentis Kokument: Fuchsia.
    My plan was to find cool colors that are waterresistend. I have two Watermans (braun and red) and three Lamys (blackblue, violett and tourquise). Only the blackblue stays somewhat readable after a "waterexident".

Ilkyway
    Hehe, I have a North African Violet sample coming from Goulet. I heard it can clog pens, but I decided to sample it anyway. I also have a bottle of Fuschia, and I think you will love that ink. It is a really rich magenta pink that's totally waterproof and very smooth-writing. I use it with a XF nib... it's a dream.

Also, it is great to hear from someone who is into waterproof inks. I spill a bit of tea or water (or the condensation from a cold drink) on paper every so often and I hate it when the stuff I've scribbled gets washed away. Not everyone is as obsessed with water resistant inks as I am, so I must be way clumsier than most people!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for "high maintinace ink" I ordered that "flush" from Gourlet too, just in case :-)

I need my inks Waterproof ever since I managed to have a bottle of water emptying itself into my Schoolbag some (uncountable many years) ago. Even so I am sure this wount happen again (I doublecheck bottles since than) I am clumbsy and tea or water on my desk always seems of the exploring sort, sending out drops or spills to have a look around.

Back to Hobonichi: I am thinking about getting one for 2016 as a familly diary where each member can put impresions of the day. Not sure if that would catch, is it very "sad" when a number of pages stay blank and only bigger events get journald about? My youngest daughter will learn writing from leat august on so everybody could add to it. I thought about having it stand with some colorull pens in some sort of basked on the kitchen table so by shere easy exessability it might get some filling up?

Is there a size someone would recoment for this?

Ilkyway
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Back to Hobonichi: I am thinking about getting one for 2016 as a familly diary where each member can put impresions of the day. Not sure if that would catch, is it very "sad" when a number of pages stay blank and only bigger events get journald about? My youngest daughter will learn writing from leat august on so everybody could add to it. I thought about having it stand with some colorull pens in some sort of basked on the kitchen table so by shere easy exessability it might get some filling up?

Is there a size someone would recoment for this?

Ilkyway
    I've seen a diary mentioned recently where each page is for five years - about two lines per year and you fill in the year designation. The idea - which is pretty neat - is that you can see what you were doing/thinking on that same day over the course of five years. However, how easy would it be to use each of the "year" sections for a different person? Each person would have their own specific section per page to fill in, and the journal would be good for a year (vs 5 years). I'll look later for the brand/name, but maybe someone else has that info in the meantime?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bijouxandbeads what an awesome idea!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's a nice one from Levenger but available from Amazon US - it has 5 lines per section but for small print. Others have fewer lines and more space per line. The happiness project (Gretchen Rubin) has one also.

Amazon.com : Levenger 5-Year Journal (ADS4665 NM) : Office Products

I searched "5 year journal" and "5 year memory book" on both Google and Amazon, and got lots of hits.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say: Because of my Hobonichi, I have been keeping a daily diary for the first time in many years. I have other journals I work in as well, but every day I make a little sketch of the weather and then write about what's happening in my life.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick heads-up that the 2016 Techo goes on sale beginning at 11:00 a.m., September 1 in Japan (August 31 for those of us in North America).

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Just a quick heads-up that the 2016 Techo goes on sale beginning at 11:00 a.m., September 1 in Japan (August 31 for those of us in North America).
    So considering that Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of the East Coast, that should be about 10pm ET on August 31. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." ó Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Wow - it seems like just recently that all of you were talking about the 2015 Techo and how to style yours.

So for those new to the Techo, what is the basic kit you would recommend? There is a local store here in SF that carries some units of the Techo, but usually not this early in the year. I would rather order online given the good shipping experiences and rates many of you described.

Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GoStanford: I use the Techo without a cover—I like the way it looks and feels as is. It fits (along with 3-4 Field Notes and several pens) in a 3D Organizer Cube, and I feel like it's sturdy enough to write on, even if I'm propping it on my knee or the arm of the couch. If I was in the market for a cover, I might go for one of the Porter-made models, since they're a reputable maker of bags and accessories.

Part of me is considering the Avec original, which is the same as the 12-month Techo but split up into Jan-June and July-Dec. I really like the idea of having less to carry around, and that each book has its own color scheme (including ink color), but can't decide if having two books would screw up my annual tracking of various things. They're so pleasing, though....

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So cool to see the 6 month version. I always wonder why planners/journals are not set up this way so they are not heavy, and therefore get carried and used more. Cool!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Part of me is considering the Avec original, which is the same as the 12-month Techo but split up into Jan-June and July-Dec.
    Keep us posted on which model you decide to try - and whether the Avec is available in English-language format. I am glad the Techo thread is still going.

Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Keep us posted on which model you decide to try - and whether the Avec is available in English-language format.
    From what I can tell (my reading skills aren't great), the Avec is only in Japanese. I don't think this should matter too much in practice because the days of the week are abbreviated in English, but the weird little quotes they have on the bottom of each page are not translated.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Wow - it seems like just recently that all of you were talking about the 2015 Techo and how to style yours.

So for those new to the Techo, what is the basic kit you would recommend? There is a local store here in SF that carries some units of the Techo, but usually not this early in the year. I would rather order online given the good shipping experiences and rates many of you described.
    I use the navy blue single-colour polyester cover that they offer plus a plastic cover on top with the flower design. The plastic cover adds a bit of pizzazz and more importantly, does an excellent job of protecting the cover from fraying. The standard covers aren't made of the toughest material and it's worth the bit of extra weight to get the protector. I also like the pencil board since I have a tendency to apply pressure when using a ballpoint. It's the only add-on that I have.

As a side note, I know lots of people use fountain pens to write in their planners because TR paper is FP-friendly. JM2C, but after using FPs for the past 3 months, I'm pretty careful about what inks and pens I use to write in the planner. First, inks take a long time to dry on this paper-- longer than on Clairefontaine in my experience-- and being a very impatient person, I find that kinda annoying. Second, some highly saturated inks look weird and chalky when dry on this paper. As a result of this, I've been happiest when I use XF nibs and black ink in my planner: it's not only my favourite kind of nib, but because it lays down less ink, I don't have to wait such a long time before closing the book or flipping the page. Either that, or a plain ol' ballpoint!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-24-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast