Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Thanks to yalls, and a need to consolidate the stuff in my EDC, this is on its way to me along with a plastic zip folder insert. I plan to get a cheapo field notes sized book for on-the-go brainstorming and note-taking and a weekly planner insert. Right now these 3 functions are spread out across 3 items and it's very fiddly because I tend to need all 3 at once these days.

Would anyone have recommendations for a weekly planner insert that is like the Hobonichi Weeks? I'm seeking something with the days of the week on one side and a blank page on the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have that in olive! I own a lot of Rowena's TNs - www.sojournerusa.net. I have another on order too. is yours the B6 slim?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    I have that in olive! I own a lot of Rowena's TNs - www.sojournerusa.net. I have another on order too. is yours the B6 slim?

Nope, it's the field notes sized one (I like everything small for EDC). And it is olive! Seems like that colour doesn't come out too well in photos.

Which one did you order? I "struggled" to decide on a trifold or the one with the neatly-cut outside pocket and thought the former would be something different ^_^ Rowena is really nice btw (pretty sure you'd know that!).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @adalangdon - lovely notebook!

Since you like Sojourner already, why not go with her offering:
    They're out of stock right now, but it's worth checking when they'll be back.

Midori Traveler's Notebook-image-jpeg

I make my own by cobbling together two files from My Life All in One Place. Being a lefty, I use the week on a page on the right side and a dot grid on the left (like Ray's version of grid on one side and week on the other that unfortunately doesn't seem to come in FN size). I put them together as psd's in Photoshop, then export as a single file I print. A bit fiddly the first time you do it, then it gets easier. This way I can have exactly the pages I want, like adding two page/month spreads at the beginning of a booklet, or adding extra dot grid pages in between weeks. I make up all sorts of custom books, including one style for ink samples :-).
    Last edited by Bijouxandbeads; 06-23-2016 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Nope, it's the field notes sized one (I like everything small for EDC). And it is olive! Seems like that colour doesn't come out too well in photos.

Which one did you order? I "struggled" to decide on a trifold or the one with the neatly-cut outside pocket and thought the former would be something different ^_^ Rowena is really nice btw (pretty sure you'd know that!).

I have most of them! mine is just like yours but B6 slim. I have a B6 slim in a leather she is out of - gazelle. this time I ordered the same in a Roadrunner leather. I have FN with a front pocket and a few more. she's on Instagram, Periscope, and YouTube as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone noticed that the new midori travelers notebooks aren't midori anymore? Have they re-branded?

Are they otherwise the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the new midori travelers notebooks aren't midori anymore? Have they re-branded?

why do you think that? they are still midori.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post

There are lots of people making Midori style Traveller's Notebooks (check out Etsy), I believe they are sometimes referred to as 'Fauxdories'. It means you're not limited to the two sizes that Midori make their Traveller's Notebooks in and you can choose from notebooks sized to fit anything from a Field Notes sized insert up to A5. Also, you get to choose from leather or fabric and so many different colours. Often the Fauxdori makers will add extra features too, like credit card pockets etc.

ETA: Seems I got the wrong end of the stick. After a bit of Googling, it seems that Midori have indeed rebranded themselves as Traveler's Company: About TRAVELER?S COMPANY | TRAVELER'S COMPANY
    The notebooks themselves still look very similar.
    Last edited by ceepee; 06-29-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    why do you think that? they are still midori.

I saw this on amazon.....

https://www.amazon.com/Travelers-not...r%27s+passport

The reviews talk about it not being branded as midori. Was wondering if it was a fauxdori.

I saw one in a store today and yes, the new MTN are now just TN. There is no "Midori" stamped on the back. Instead it says "Traveler's Notebook" (or something like that). Otherwise it looks the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midori Traveler's Notebook-img_03-png

This is how the new ones are stamped on the back.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure many of you already know this, but for those of you who may not, I wanted to share that the bottom front pocket of the Synapse 19 is perfect for the Standard Traveler's Notebook.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5