Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Lani! So nice to see you on the forum!
    @Lani, the Legend! Great to meet you-I've read so many of your posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington, D.C.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also look into the soft star shoes dashes. I think they can be worn somewhat stylishly with pants and shorts. For myself, I either bring my dashes or a pair of Nike in-season trainers, in the black/gray colorway, for casual clothes. If I need to wear more business casual outfits, I wear puma zandy ballet flats in the black patent. They do run about one half size small and a little narrow, but they are comfy enough and look nice. I did like the soft star shoes ballerines flats, but I think my foot grew, and I need to look into their sizing again.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Lani! So nice to see you on the forum!
    Oh, you remembered me! Thanks!! /wave Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    @Lani, the Legend! Great to meet you-I've read so many of your posts!
    Goodness, you are too kind. Smilie

San Pedro, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to chime in on some men's shoes that you all should consider. I just purchased some Born shoes and wore them on a trip to Toronto. They were extremely comfortable and looks great with a variety of "looks."

I wore them out and about exploring the city as well as to the theater.

I specifically have the Sawyer and have to say they are super supportive and comfortable, even from the first wear:

Born Sawyer in Tan - Born Mens Casual on Bornshoes.com

I bought my pair at REI but they are available online.

Detroit, Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know any good brands for kids (boys) size? Being very small has its advantage when I'm buying for sporting jerseys, cuz it saves me big bucks buying youth size. But when it comes to fashion, not so quite. I like Sawyer's but they don't make my size. It seems.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
    You know any good brands for kids (boys) size? Being very small has its advantage when I'm buying for sporting jerseys, cuz it saves me big bucks buying youth size. But when it comes to fashion, not so quite. I like Sawyer's but they don't make my size. It seems.

Look into Ecco, Geox, and Timberland. They have some (not all) boys sizes that are hip and comfortable.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post

Look into Ecco, Geox, and Timberland. They have some (not all) boys sizes that are hip and comfortable.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ludovicus, these remind me of you! Florsheim kids Kearny Jr., 5 star rating on Zappos.

Detroit, Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @Pokilani
    Ohhhh it's sleek and still got some funky side to it! I wish Tom Bihn would make upper modular for SA in kiwi/lime cuz then, I can match that shoes in Seahawks color! (I have navy SA and Forest upper modular: I was aiming for Mariner's color, but I think forest was bit dark.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alden plain toed blucher shoes. Pricey, but with good care will last a lifetime.

Indianapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfcoastgal View Post
    Ok from a woman's perspective--

I have a pair of goretex ECCO fabric short boots that from a distance look like suede dress boots
    Wear like iron and I went through four inches of muddy water and they repelled every muddy drop
    Hubs loves his a Ecco shoes too
    Like gulfcoast gal, I have a pair of black all-fabric short boots that get me through the winters (many trips plus work for the last 4 years). Mine are Goretex, Thinsulate Salomon's that look pretty dressy if you aren't super close. Great for travel as long as you wear them in transit. This link may not be the exact model since I got mine several years ago, but it is close: link

For the summer, like binje, I love my simple black sandals (though I too am an academic so also not real formal!). I am a fan of Teva Zirra's, mainly because I've never been able to get the Chaco straps to work with my feet (or my brain???Smilie). I've worn them hiking, at the beach and to nice restaurants with a skirt and nice top.
    A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, travel shoes. I always find this element of travel to be difficult. For me, the issue is that I must have excellent arch support and this is a challenge, especially with summer shoes.

In winter, I can just put orthotic insoles into my full-foot shoes (meaning lace up or similar shoes where your whole foot is covered). For orthotics I like Aetrex Lynco brand Aetrex Lynco Orthotics - Aetrex Worldwide, Inc They are pricey but well worth the money and they last forever. Aetrex brand shoes and sandals are also excellent (but again, pricey). My go to brand is Merrell. Excellent comfort, durability, and price. My feet love them.

For summer, I echo Trailrunner's love of Teva Zirra sandals. I have a pair in black that I wore all over Italy last fall and that I will take to Norway and Iceland with me next week. They are great but I wish Teva would replace the footbed with the more substantive one available elsewhere, such as on their Tirra (yep, with a 't') line of sandals as I've found they need a bit more arch support for me.

I also am always looking for a reasonably fashionable (which is the challenge) pair of summer-weight 'full foot' shoes and that's where I personally have the challenge. I think this is personal to me in that despite all the options out there, I just don't like the offerings. If I find something, there's no room for my insole and without the insole I can only wear the shoe for a couple of days at a time, thus making them not worth the effort when I travel.

Ah, first world problems!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not always "full shoe", for the rest, I love Keen's. I too have significant foot issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Toronto, ON Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In cooler or cold weather I wear my trusty Blundstones (Brown or Red). The look professional with pants, I can comfortably wear them all day and they can handle any weather. In warmer weather I wear a pair of my Sketchers; MaryJanes if I'm travelling for work, Sneakers if I'm not.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this old thread with another enthusiastic thumbs-up for the Soft Star Dash.

I was initially skeptical, but just got my first pair and took it on a two-week trip through Spain: the Dash completely won me over with its comfort and versatility -- enough that I just ordered Soft Star's Moc3 slip-on, too.

A big selling point of the Dash for me was that it can pack virtually flat: my size 11's slipped easily into one end pocket of my Aeronaut 30, with plenty of space left over in that pocket for a travel tray and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

They felt a little tight in the toe box upon receipt, but loosened up really quickly and now super comfy; the leather is thin, supple, and buttery soft.

I went with the thicker 5mm Trail sole, and it fared well even on the irregular stone streets of Andalusia. Looking forward to trying their thinner 2mm Street sole.

Shoes! For travel, for work, and both-22570437930_0468c09865-jpg
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 11-10-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast