Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My faves in each town:

Seattle: Pasta Freska
    Portland: Park Kitchen (I recommend the Chef's Supper)

At Pasta Freska, whenever we have been, we were greeted by the chef who asked us about food allergies and preferences, and then prepared us a meal that came out in courses. He likes cooking for a crowd, so this is a good place to go if you are visiting friends or family!

At Park Kitchen, you can order from the menu, but we're adventurous eaters and liked being surprised by the Chef's Supper. Weather permitting, try to sit outside overlooking the park.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In PDX, Mother's is consistently delicious. I went there the last time I was home and was very happy to get re-acquainted with their epic bread basket, as well as the server I have known since THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND. Their brunch is also good and you can make reservations.

You also cannot go wrong with Greg Higgins (Higgins in downtown) or Vitaly Paley (Paley's Place and Imperial). These guys make top notch, thoughtful, and playful yet accessible Pacific Northwest cuisine. Their restaurants were where I cut my white tablecloth-dining teeth. They're still fairly casual though (jeans acceptable, and yes, you will likely see someone wearing socks with sandals).

In Southeast, look for Cup and Saucer (another place for brunch), and Zell's (for, you know, brunch); these places have been around for ages and ages and still seem very homey to me, the way Portland used to be before some people from New York decided to make an obnoxious TV show about us.

Also, rest assured that anyplace with a liquor license will have at least a few decent microbrews and often some tasty, representative Oregon wines. Burger + pinot noir is a common pairing, and the pinot gris might surprise you: it's often got more of a mineral / cut green grass character than it is sweet, although sweet ones are around. Gewurtztraminer is another grape you'll see a lot of that is very tasty with fruit and cheese salads (of which there are many).

One last thing: go to Burgerville. It's like In-N-Out but the beef is locally ranched, there's bison and a real hazelnut and chocolate shake, and AT SOME OF THEM YOU CAN HAVE A BEER. SORRY TO SHOUT, BUT BEER.

Three cheers for beer. Have fun in Portland! Traveling to Seattle and Portland - need restaurant adviseTraveling to Seattle and Portland - need restaurant advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other place I forgot to mention... there is a spot if you venture over to Ballard that has the most amazing molten chocolate cakes baked to order, served with a side of vanilla bean ice cream and drizzled with caramel and toffee bits (it is sublime): Hot Cakes - Molten Chocolate Cakery . Plus they serve some nice adult drink concoctions. And if you are in the neighborhood there are quite a few local microbreweries in the Ballard / Fremont area, if you drink beer.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

My thanks to all who provided suggestions. I was able to try many of the restaurants and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately because of timing I was unable to visit the Bihn factory but maybe that's a good thing :;

Thank you again

Eire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2