Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Registration "Random Question" - wrong answer!

Hey guys. Long time lurker, finally registered (with lots of grief)

I was trying to register on my iPhone but it was not possible to see the question for the 'random question'

When I eventually switched to desktop version (still on the iPhone) I was able to see it but then I couldn't move the jigsaw puzzles.

What really got me is that when I finally get back to my laptop computer and tried to register, the random question asked 'What is the colour of the sun'.

Please... the proper scientific answer is WHITE! The damn thing rejected my answer so I had to wait again for a minute before trying the supposed correct answer of YELLOW!

What Color is the Sun?

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, the sun is white, who knew? Well obviously you did. Sorry for the struggle you had. Hope you have fun here anyway.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they could bring back the Solar color in white instead of yellow.

Am I imagining things, or did Darcy say they're going to be looking at accessibility at some point? I'm not sure if that included the forums though.

Forum Member
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am saying is not to change the answer, but change the question itself.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWANK-E View Post
    Hey guys. Long time lurker, finally registered (with lots of grief)
    Ah man, sorry about all of the registration issues, SWANK-E. I'm glad you made it through, though: welcome!

Weird jigsaw thing: we'll look into this. It's not really supposed to be there, I don't think.

And we've added 'white' as one of the correct answers to the sun color question, at least until we can think of a better one!

brucep: you're correct that we're planning to make some accessibility improvements to the main website and Forums. We've got a few page redesigns/updates in the works, though, and want to make those live before we do so.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)