Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Pokilani, Because I read your post, I happened to check the Ibex site again, and found another seventeen.5 tee was still available in Small Size in Kohlrabi. (Actually, there were briefly two, and one disappeared before I could check out). These weren't at their very lowest sale prices, but then again, I could never find them available in this color during that sale period. So an indirect thanks!

Oh, and for those of you who want to see what Kohlrabi looks like:
    Merino wool for short people?-836106-womens-ibex-seventeen5-t-shirt-kohlrabi-short-sleeve-shirts-01621-jpg

(Plays well with Aubergine).

moriond

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great snag! I really like the Kohlrabi color but have not been able to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went looking for that tee, an ended up buying another Bliss wrap in a similar color instead. Whoops! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    That's a great snag! I really like the Kohlrabi color but have not been able to get it!
    On the Ibex web site, sold out items sometimes do show up later at random times because they've been returned. Sometimes, this is after the main sale period. Since I generally don't spend a lot of time checking these sites, and I've had sale items disappear from my cart before I can check out, my fallback is to try calling the Seattle Ibex store and asking about color/size availability directly. This has worked in at least two cases, including one where the items disappeared from my cart before I could check out. They'll give you the sale price. They're also good about answering questions on the fit. I find that Ibex sizing works pretty reproduce ably for me, while the few Icebreaker items I have are much more variable in fit, and tend to be "long-waisted".

The other thing I've found is that doing a web search for Ibex products by name will sometimes show up links that don't come up in the search box of the Ibex site. This is generally the case when an item is out of season, but where they have some of these in stock, and they may even be sale-priced.

HTH

moriond

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    Went looking for that tee, an ended up buying another Bliss wrap in a similar color instead. Whoops! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And......the reason I couldn't find that tee while looking for Icebreaker tees is because it's from Ibex. Doh!

At any rate, I found a maroon Icebreaker Bliss Wrap that looks like it might be close to Aubergine in color, so I'm happy.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    And......the reason I couldn't find that tee while looking for Icebreaker tees is because it's from Ibex. Doh!

At any rate, I found a maroon Icebreaker Bliss Wrap that looks like it might be close to Aubergine in color, so I'm happy.
    I love that color Bliss wrap. My favorite is my navy stripe one. I am so drawn to Icebreaker's new Cool-Lite Lna Cape. Anyone taken the plunge yet?
    Last edited by Pokilani; 03-02-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that color Bliss wrap. My favorite is my navy stripe one. I am so drawn to Icebreaker's new Cool-Lite Lina Cape. Anyone taken the plunge yet?
    Icebreaker's Vivid (purple) might be my favorite shade of purple. I have many things in that color, albeit not the Bliss wrap.

I don't have the Lina Cape, though it might be fun to check that out next time I am at the store. I do have the Sphere wrap in Cool-Lite and it really is nice as a light layer for the warmer months. Also better suited to my petite proportions than the Bliss (though I wear the Bliss one as well).

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that color Bliss wrap. My favorite is my navy stripe one. I am so drawn to Icebreaker's new Cool-Lite Lna Cape. Anyone taken the plunge yet?
    I love the navy/grey, too, but my travel wardrobe palette is usually purple/black/grey, so I'm hoping this will be good for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that @brendabethman already has the navy stripe Bliss wrap. See this post and the succeeding ones in the Holiday Shopping - Winter Wear - first Merino Wool Item thread for evidence of her previous enabling efforts (in giving a Bliss Wrap link for this at $45, with further discount coupon that took this down to $40.50 in late November 2014.

Sorry, no info on the Icebreaker Cool-Lite Lina Cape.

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'm a bit 'blissed out' -- after falling in love with the Icebreaker Bliss Wrap and wearing the ones that I have all the time. They're great but sometimes I feel that all that fabric is a bit much, particularly on a short person. I am trying out the Ibex Cascade Cardigan, which falls a bit higher. Unfortunately, two of the colors offered are grey. I bought the black version. I think it would look brilliant in a deep purple, like the "cognac" I have in the Bliss wrap.

My only qualm about Ibex is that the Icebreaker products seem to hold up better (at least for me), in that they don't seem to develop the little tears that I have problems with. I will give this new sweater a try in terms of the durability.

Has anyone else tried the Cascade Cardigan?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe take a look at the Icebreaker Sphere Wrap? They still have a bright purple and a navy, over on Sierra Trading. I wear mine more than my Bliss Wrap, for the same reason you mention (less fabric, more streamlined).

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    So, I'm a bit 'blissed out' -- after falling in love with the Icebreaker Bliss Wrap and wearing the ones that I have all the time. They're great but sometimes I feel that all that fabric is a bit much, particularly on a short person. I am trying out the Ibex Cascade Cardigan, which falls a bit higher. Unfortunately, two of the colors offered are grey. I bought the black version. I think it would look brilliant in a deep purple, like the "cognac" I have in the Bliss wrap.

My only qualm about Ibex is that the Icebreaker products seem to hold up better (at least for me), in that they don't seem to develop the little tears that I have problems with. I will give this new sweater a try in terms of the durability.

Has anyone else tried the Cascade Cardigan?
    I have the Cascade Cardigan (Size S in Black) that I bought last year, when they offered this in Birch (in place of this year's Almond), which @ClaireJ got. I like this style a lot (the web page images do a poor job of showing how good this looks when worn; it really drapes nicely). I haven't had much occasion to wear my Bliss Wrap in Hawaii, given our weather, and also the amount of fabric involved in the wrap, since I'm only slightly taller than you. I haven't had problems yet with durability of the Ibex products, and they generally fit me better than the Icebreaker products, which is important for me, since there are no local stores where I can try on each product.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way, as a follow-up to showing how Kohlrabi merino wool from Ibex looks with Aubergine Tom Bihn bags:
    Merino wool for short people?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1457549688-189613-jpg

That's an Ibex Small Women's Seventeen.5 tee shirt sitting on top of an Aubergine/Hemp Imago (left) and. an Aubergine/Northwest Sky Maker's Bag on the right. Below it are Side Effects in Steel Parapack/UV (left) and Steel 400d Dyneema/Solar on the right. Kohlrabi is slightly darker (mostly grayer in tone, but also not as red as Aubergine), and also goes well with Steel, Grey, dark navies, and Black. (I've been having problems uploading attachments just recently at the default iPhone 5 resolution, so I'm going through TapaTalk on my iPad, and downgrading the image slightly.)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-09-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin, I've felt the same about the Bliss. I love, love, love it, but it forces me to wear a longer jacket if I need extra warmth. I like the look of the Ibex cardigan and am super intrigued. Let us know how you like it! I think what I really want though is a a thin crew button cardigan sweater, much like Icebreak made with the Athena cardigan. I didn't want to pay over $200, plus the arms were super long. Sierra Trading Post has it now for $100, but in form fitting things in Icebreaker, I really need a medium (the Bliss I can wear a small and even dried it a bit to shrink it). They only have a small left.

Indianapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I also put a word in for the Pez Long Sweater from Ibex as an alternative? I think it is probably heavier than the various wraps (is made of milled wool rather than knitted) and maybe a bit more casual, but the pictures on the website really don't do it justice. I overlooked it for many years and then just happened to try one on in January. It was love at first sight! The inside is so soft too. It looks super cute with leggings or short skirts. I have worn it every single day since I've gotten it, either as a housecoat, light weight jacket, or tunic. And it too is currently on sale.

Merino wool for short people?-img_0424-1-jpg
    Last edited by trailrunner; 03-09-2016 at 11:51 AM.
    A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast