Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do, thanks so much again!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made 2 posts (1 short one without pic and 1 longer one with pic) last night through my iphone, but only the shorter post got posted to the board. And I'm too lazy to re-post the longer post. :P

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test test. Where did my posts go?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnpod View Post
    Test test. Where did my posts go?
    As a new forum member your first half dozen posts were under moderation, which means that one of the forum moderators has to be reading your post and manually approve it for it to appear. I suspect that with the earlier forum problems one was missed. I just went through to look for all your posts and approved the one that was not caught earlier.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    As a new forum member your first half dozen posts were under moderation, which means that one of the forum moderators has to be reading your post and manually approve it for it to appear. I suspect that with the earlier forum problems one was missed. I just went through to look for all your posts and approved the one that was not caught earlier.

HTH

moriond
    Oh I didn't know that! I was wondering if I was still having problem with Tapatalk. Thanks moriond!

Washington DC-ish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unrelated (I think) to these issues, I accidentally updated Tapatalk on my iPhone 6 and hate this version. I cannot figure out how to just browse the forums. I'm given options to see new posts, "trending" posts, and participated threads, but can't just navigate the forum structure.

I've not been happy with Tapatalk's changes for over a year, but this level of non-intuitiveness may be the last straw for me. I'm back to the web version of the forums on my phone.

San Pedro, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still having issues. I have been trying to share a picture for several days now and keep getting an error.

Is there a fix?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradnd99 View Post
    I'm still having issues. I have been trying to share a picture for several days now and keep getting an error.

Is there a fix?
    @bradnd99. I just tried using TapaTalk to post a picture of Travel laundry stuff sacks in the Smart Alec. I'm using an old version of TapaTalk. For me the app started working on all my iOS devices, although it took a while for the version on my iPhone 5 to become fully functional (about an hour after the announced "fix"), but this was the device I had "fiddled" with the most for the TapaTalk app. Maybe try manually clearing the cache under the advanced settings options? I'm not sure how to advise you, since none of the TapaTalk version I run under iOS are current. The latest is 2.4.0. I stopped updating most versions of the TapaTalk app when they started requiring you to log into a TapaTalk account in order to upload images (summer 2013). The latest version of the app I only use for reading the forums. I sympathize with @snowbot's comments about not liking the new interface, but I have so far avoided that. However, all my versions of TapaTalk appear to be working now.

moriond

San Pedro, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just recalled getting an email from the Tapatalk people about some changes. I was a paid user and they were no longer supporting those versions.

I've downloaded the "free" version (which they say will be the only version they will support going forward) and I'll see if it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

San Pedro, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just able to post the picture. It looks like people should be using the "Free" version now.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradnd99 View Post
    I was just able to post the picture. It looks like people should be using the "Free" version now.
    Hmm, the TapaTalk version that I used to post just recently is an old paid one for the iPad. I also have another (even older) free version of the TapaTalk app (on my iPhone 4), that I think still works for posting images. The problem is that when you use these old (and working) versions, you'll receive messages that there is a newer version of the Tapatalk app that you can update to. But if you update to a newer version of the app, you will be forced to log into a TapTalk account before you can upload images. This is so they can track your forum reading for better ad targeting. In these older versions of the app I can upload images without having to log into a TapaTalk account.

moriond

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reporting back. The "like" button is not working at the moment. Refresh did not fix it. I'm using Safari on an iPhone 6plus.

This is not an urgent issue, I just wanted to let you know. Thank you! elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Just reporting back. The "like" button is not working at the moment. Refresh did not fix it. I'm using Safari on an iPhone 6plus.

This is not an urgent issue, I just wanted to let you know. Thank you! elisa
    I just liked your post from Tapatalk on my iPad, but I agree that I've been seeing some flakey behavior.

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up, AlaskaGirl, and sorry about that! We're upgrading the Forums and going through many of our old custom templates and cleaning up the code to fix some bugs and in general prepare for future Forum greatness -- there will probably be more bugginess here and there as we work on all of this. I posted a Forum-wide announcement here.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2