Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Upstate NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tapatalk Problems?

Is anyone else having problems accessing the Tom Bihn forums via the Tapatalk mobile app? Tapatalk is a pretty buggy platform but it was functional for using the forum until about two or three days ago.

I am using Tapatalk on iOS (iPhone 6; iOS 8.4) and noticed that the TB Forums were not updating (other forums on Tapatalk are having no issues). I logged out of the TB forum and upon attempting to sign I get a message that says "Log In Failed. You have either entered an invalid username/password, or your administrator has restricted access via Tapatalk." I'm using the same credentials that work perfectly in a browser. Clicking on the use a different profile button to try and refresh the forum gives me this message: "Access Denied. The forum is not available, please try again later"

I even deleted Tapatalk and reinstalled the app but it still doesn't work.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not working for me either. I assumed it was a Tapatalk glitch that would eventually right itself.

So, I can't help you fix it, but at least you know you're not alone Smilie

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @giantsteve, @ceepee

Even us moderators are having issues with Tapatalk access - something about a missing plug-in XML. Also, the forum seems to be double posting our responses and not allowing people to edit their posts. The Forum Technical Admins should be working on these issues so hold on to your comments - take more brilliant pictures and prepare your brilliant creative stories- there will be a flurry of them to read once this is fixed!

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been seeing problems with Tapatalk usage for over 12 hours. Just to let you know that I created a thread alert about this in the Admin forums earlier today. I've noticed some less than felicitous formatting in the prompts I've been getting in performing for moderator functions since the forums went down for maintenance on Sunday (I think), but that was mostly overlaid printing in the options that I assumed was part of the effort to reformat the pages to be more friendly for mobile platforms as works in progress. Basically, the app still worked for me until yesterday, and then I saw the problems that Steve described. (I also tried logging out, emptying the cache, etc.)

Just for your information. I've switched to using a third party web browser with desktop or tablet mode emulation on my iPhone. On the iPad I'm just using the Safari web browser instead of TapaTalk for this forum.

moriond

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Safari on an iPhone. The like and thank buttons have been glitchy since Sunday. Sometimes they just don't work. A page refresh fixed it on Monday, but yesterday and today the refresh had no effect.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just phones/Tapatalk. For the last 12+ hours, when I try to post a comment, I get a statement that I need to wait 30 seconds before posting again, and then in fact the original comment was posted.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been having problems with Tapatalk so I went back to the forums direct on the web. Having odd problems there also similar to what GoStanford highlights.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    It's not just phones/Tapatalk. For the last 12+ hours, when I try to post a comment, I get a statement that I need to wait 30 seconds before posting again, and then in fact the original comment was posted.
    Same thing happened to me earlier, and I was using Firefox on my MacBook.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for all of the bugs/issues, guys. We're working on upgrading vBulletin to a new version and we just moved to a new server; hope all of this will be sorted out and everything will be working again by the end of the day tomorrow.

I'll check back in when we're done with the upgrades and ask you guys if you'd be so kind as to let me know if you're still experiencing those issues!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, the upgrade is complete and we think most (if not all) of the issues have been sorted out! Thanks, you guys, for your patience. If you notice anything buggy or odd, let us know!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Okay, the upgrade is complete and we think most (if not all) of the issues have been sorted out! Thanks, you guys, for your patience. If you notice anything buggy or odd, let us know!
    Well Tapatalk is now working again for me, hopefully for everyone else too. Thanks! Tapatalk Problems?

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. Glad to have easy access through it again. Didn't realise how reliant I was on it until trying to communicate on a trade over the past few days.

Thanks for fixing the vBulletinamijigger thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And working for me too! So glad as Tapatalk is so easy to navigate compared with the website forum for me... Tapatalk Problems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working again. Thank you and all the wonderful people who work so hard to keep the forums running. It is greatly appreciated!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Glad to hear it. If you do find any bugs/issues, let me know right away. Smilie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast