Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS TREAD - MUST NOT READ THIS THREAD

Over and out...
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want this thread to die a slow death as I think there is a lot of valuable info here. One other thing that I have found recently and love are Kuhl mens pants. I have a pair of the Free Rydrs, which are their "Klassik" fit and fit me great. Good quality pants and very comfortable.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racking my brain to think of quality things made in the USA (given this forum's demographics) which I like:

Wallet Pen
    Mothers Day - Graduation - Summer Wedding
    Made in Vermont. It's saved me on occasions when I don't have a pen immediately to hand, e.g. stuck in a plane seat with my bag (and pen) in the overhead and needing to fill out an immigration card before landing.

Really Right Stuff
    Really Right Stuff
    All gear made in San Luis Obispo. Tripods and related camera/lens support accessories for all situations. Expensive but it'll most likely have a much better effect on the technical quality of your photos (compared to spending the same/more on getting a new camera). I think their stated values are great:

We strive for product perfection in form, function and value.

We passionately appreciate beauty in all God's creations and strive to create beauty for others to enjoy.

We believe product aesthetics are as important as function.
    Innovation beats imitation and it's more satisfying.

We believe people are inherently good. We trust our customers and make every effort to meet or exceed their expectations for superior service and product performance.

It's our duty to help our customers understand camera support system selection and use.

We expect to make a reasonable profit.

Our Vision is what we want to be;

Our Mission is what we do;

Our Values teach us how.
    Last edited by John; 03-03-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite brand at the moment is Woolpower. They make warm wool clothing. I have bought 200g and 400g ullfrotte vests, jackets and long-johns during the last year and I love them,

I take the bus every day and between walking to the bus-stop and waiting for the bus I need clothes that work. I go to hot yoga and sweat a lot. Then I change into my woolpower to walk home. I dont get cold even if Im wet. The colours are not that exciting. Mostly green, grey, black and navy. But I have one petrol/champagne 400g jackets that is really pretty. I'm not going to lie. My green 400g long-johns are crazy ugly. Warm is number one priority.

They make everything in Östersund Sweden. I like that. The seamtress make the whole garment and put a label with her name in it.

Brands and Stuff That You Love (Emphasis on Quality)-20160303_174806-450x800-jpg
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this @LordBute. When I read the most recent blog post from Tom, it made me wish that there was a similar tag in my TB bags.

Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I don't want this thread to die a slow death as I think there is a lot of valuable info here. One other thing that I have found recently and love are Kuhl mens pants. I have a pair of the Free Rydrs, which are their "Klassik" fit and fit me great. Good quality pants and very comfortable.
    +1 on Kuhl pants. I have several pairs of their Renegades. They are made of a stretch fabric that repels water and dirt and comfortable in a wide range of temperatures. I bought them for hiking, but soon repurposed them for everyday wear in place of jeans. They fit well, look good, and are very durable.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ergo baby carriers. The best and I tried lots before this. I discovered the ergo with my third child and wished I had had one for the first two. I found I could carry even my four year old in it as easily as I carried my baby. Almost considered another baby just to be able to use it more. Lol.

It is just so comfortable and makes the weight sit your hips like a hiking backpack.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one other brand that I am as loyal to as I am for Tom Bihn, and that's INKnBURN (Art on Running, Yoga and Workout Clothes for Women, Men and Kids by INKnBURN).

INKnBURN makes exercise (running, yoga, etc.) clothing; more specifically, graphic print running shirts, shorts, running skirts, capris, and yoga pants.

They are different from the rest of the exercisewear market in that they are VERY similar to Tom Bihn:

- Their factory is located right here in the US, in Costa Mesa, California
    - You can visit their factory store on weekdays to purchase products in person, although most of their sales are online
    - Price is a little on the higher side, but just like Tom Bihn, their quality is without peer. Once you feel a shirt, try it on, you understand instantly that it's worth every penny
    - INKnBURN fans are as loyal as Tom Bihn fans! There is a vibrant used market! Imagine buying a used running shirt for $70 -- happens all the time!
    - Similar to some of the limited editions that Tom Bihn produces, INKnBURN makes limited edition runs of their products (which also explains why there is a strong aftermarket).

One of their hallmarks is the way they produce their shirts. The shirts are all dye-sublimation printed with bright designs and graphics, but unlike most other manufacturers, the designs are printed on rolls of fabric based on the intended size they will be cut to. That means all the designs match along the seams no matter what size shirt you get! It also means borderless printing, and printing on the sleeves and the back. Amazing, amazing stuff.

A couple of things INKnBURN does that Tom Bihn does not:

- INKnBURN introduced "Club INKnBURN" this year. Limited to 320 "memberships" for 2016, members got a black box with a bunch of stuff (a couple of shirts, water bottle, trucker hat, stickers, etc.) that were available only to members. Members also have access to a special club page on the website where you can order stuff only available to club members.

- INKnBURN sponsors elite athletes and helps gear them up for races.

- INKnBURN has a thriving ambassador program with several hundred members, who apply for these coveted spots. Ambassadors are active in social media, and post photos of themselves wearing INKnBURN gear, and also participate in running races wearing their gear. Ambassadors are appointed for a year at a time and get a bit of a discount on gear.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shop Tommy Bahama | TommyBahama.com great quality clothes at reasonable prices. Easy living!
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Glad to see activity on this thread. Here's two brands I've appreciated as of late:

Aigle Boots
    I first learned about Aigle here on the Forums! Aigle boots are hand made in France; here's a video about the process. I get cold toes and had been looking at these boots longingly for a while. Then, on President's Day weekend, a coupon from Aigle arrived and I couldn't pass them up! I've pretty much been wearing the boots ever since. I think they'll be a good investment: they seem well-made and I get the sense they'll last me many years.

Evan Healy
    Natural and simple skin care products made with ethically sourced ingredients.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mattress from a company called Beevers based in the north of England in a small fishing port called Whitby (famous for featuring in Bram Stoker's Dracula story, with a ruined abbey high above the town). Their mattresses are made by hand by joiners and seamstresses and use natural materials sourced from the UK where possible. The one I have is very thick and heavy but is really comfortable and I've used it many years and it should last many more.

Beevers Handmade Beds Whitby

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @Lani! Looks like a great company! I'll have to check them out when I'm down south again. @Darcy, I must admit, I gasped when I saw those boots in a size 35! It's so hard to find shoes for my little feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pokilani if you try a pair of Aigles, let me know what you think! My hobbit-like Size 9 feet love them.

Here's one more:

Mountain Rose Herbs
    I've been buying herbs and tea from these folks for years now. Huge selection and most items (if not everything?) are organic. They seem like a pretty cool company, too.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I love this @LordBute. When I read the most recent blog post from Tom, it made me wish that there was a similar tag in my TB bags.
    Duluth pack bags (made right next door in MN!) have tags like these, too. I have one of their market totes to use for work situations when my usual brain bag would be a little too informal. the thing is built like a TANK!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Siesta Hammocks

I swap between the family-size Flora and discontinued Casera.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast