Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know we have a lot of merino fans here - I recently got a an absolutely gorgeous merino shibori wrap from Cypress+Snow on Etsy. It's lightweight, packs down well (I advise a size 2 TSS, but you might squeeze it into a 1), and has the durability of a solid merino tee rather than a gauzy ring pashmina. After my Sitka Travel Tray and battered Hobonichi, it's pretty much my favorite thing.

Modern textiles accessories by CypressandSnow on Etsy
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here tried Grana brand clothing?

I just spotted a rec for it on the HerOneBag sub-reddit. I like the look and the prices seem good, but I have never even heard of them before, and am curious about fit and quality. In particular, I was looking at the silk ankle pants as a packable solution for "nice" trousers while traveling.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faber Castel watercolor pencils and Canson watercolor paper, I don't think there is any better pair for quality strong colors and paper that can take multi layers of coloring/water activating/drying as much as this one.

It also excels at typical watercolor technique wet brush to apply a layer of translucent color and leave it at that.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Anyone here tried Grana brand clothing?

I just spotted a rec for it on the HerOneBag sub-reddit. I like the look and the prices seem good, but I have never even heard of them before, and am curious about fit and quality. In particular, I was looking at the silk ankle pants as a packable solution for "nice" trousers while traveling.
    Kathryn, did you ever try it? What did you think?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Kathryn, did you ever try it? What did you think?
    I did! The quality is good, but the sizing is wonky. I got three things, all the same size, and they all fit differently.

One was a jacket on final sale that I like enough to get altered down a bit to fit (just haven't priced that out yet). I also got a silk shell tank-top that fits around the waist, but a teeny bit tight across my boobs (sadly, not uncommon regardless of brand). With a shapewear tank, or if I could shed a pesky 5 lbs, it would fit fine. The last was a dress that may actually be cute once ironed and belted (but I have been too lazy and busy with work travel to get to that yet). It has pockets so I am hopeful!
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20