Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know we have a lot of merino fans here - I recently got a an absolutely gorgeous merino shibori wrap from Cypress+Snow on Etsy. It's lightweight, packs down well (I advise a size 2 TSS, but you might squeeze it into a 1), and has the durability of a solid merino tee rather than a gauzy ring pashmina. After my Sitka Travel Tray and battered Hobonichi, it's pretty much my favorite thing.

Modern textiles accessories by CypressandSnow on Etsy
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here tried Grana brand clothing?

I just spotted a rec for it on the HerOneBag sub-reddit. I like the look and the prices seem good, but I have never even heard of them before, and am curious about fit and quality. In particular, I was looking at the silk ankle pants as a packable solution for "nice" trousers while traveling.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faber Castel watercolor pencils and Canson watercolor paper, I don't think there is any better pair for quality strong colors and paper that can take multi layers of coloring/water activating/drying as much as this one.

It also excels at typical watercolor technique wet brush to apply a layer of translucent color and leave it at that.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Anyone here tried Grana brand clothing?

I just spotted a rec for it on the HerOneBag sub-reddit. I like the look and the prices seem good, but I have never even heard of them before, and am curious about fit and quality. In particular, I was looking at the silk ankle pants as a packable solution for "nice" trousers while traveling.
    Kathryn, did you ever try it? What did you think?

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Kathryn, did you ever try it? What did you think?
    I did! The quality is good, but the sizing is wonky. I got three things, all the same size, and they all fit differently.

One was a jacket on final sale that I like enough to get altered down a bit to fit (just haven't priced that out yet). I also got a silk shell tank-top that fits around the waist, but a teeny bit tight across my boobs (sadly, not uncommon regardless of brand). With a shapewear tank, or if I could shed a pesky 5 lbs, it would fit fine. The last was a dress that may actually be cute once ironed and belted (but I have been too lazy and busy with work travel to get to that yet). It has pockets so I am hopeful!
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aide-mémoire Jewelry is a queer woman-owned business in Seattle. To quote from their website, "We focus on handmade, eco-friendly, and conflict-free everyday fine jewelry, wedding bands, and engagement rings. Our mission is to create future heirlooms in a socially and environmentally responsible way, which we hope will become a part of your family story." On top of that, I love their name--it's so appropriate for jewelry that commemorates a special event!

I recently bought a ring from them as a graduation present to myself, and I'm very happy with the ring. It's similar to one of their stock designs, but with a different stone and with engraving inside the band. They did a really beautiful job on it! In addition, they helped me figure out exactly what I wanted, including finding my ring size (they mailed me three sizes of plain brass rings to see which fit best).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on Canson. Thankfully not as expensive as other options too, but does the job anyway.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do love manufacturer of kitchen appliances called KOHLER, cause we've bought a lot of items from them, especially for kitchen, and their quality is fantastic. They solid and durable as hell. Just for example, two years ago when we bought their kitchen faucet (one over here: https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-single-hole-kitchen-faucet-reviews/), first I thought that it's not gonna serve for a long time, but I've mistaken in that opinion. They produce really nice solid things.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20