Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Washington, D.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag are you carrying?
    Lately my MCB in Linen, or my SE in steel dyneema.

2. What are you reading?
    On Audible- Max Strom, A Life Worth Breathing; on Kindle- the Heart of Yoga, by T.K.V. Deskachar

3. What are you listening to?
    Mostly iTunes Radio--classical radio and their Bach station

4. What are you watching?
    Nothing, I don't really enjoy TV/movies.

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    Just recently re-read Mark Bitman's 101 summer meals article, making a lot of vegetarian and grilled meals, also revisiting some Indian recipes. Drink of the summer: Radlers.

6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer?
    We did 14 days in Italy/alps in June and it was fantastic. Just doing day trips for the rest of the summer, I think. No big plans.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer!!

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Burnt Orange/Steel Synapse 25 as work edc.

2. Catching up on my RSS feed and a personal finance forum.

3. Audiobook- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

4. Marathoning The West Wing on Netflix.

5. Cooking chicken and rice soup. Baking snickerdoodles. Always drinking hot chocolate or a green smoothie.

6. Cincinnati in August to attend the Western & Southern Open tennis tournament. Hoping to see Serena Williams and Roger Federer play. My Burnt Orange A30 will tag along with me.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Black/Steel Swift for work; Aubergine/Steel Side Effect; Hemp Little Swift; Synapse 19 & Daylight Backpack for outdoor activities
    2. Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens
    3. Bright by Echosmith
    4. Various reality shows
    5. Doing lots of bbqing; wishing for a mojito but haven't indulged yet
    6. Kelowna & Christina Lake, BC

Northeast US
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you carrying?: Summer 2015 edition

Ok here goes:

1. What bag are you carrying? A black/steel PU with Q-strap, a 13" MBPr Cache, an SE, and various other pouches and stuff sacks.
    2. What are you reading? The Art of Work by Jeff Goins
    3. What are you listening to? A Maisie Dobbs mystery whilst driving.
    4. What are you watching? I've been on a Tiny House YouTube kick, which are easy to digest in short viewings (crazy summer work schedule = not a lot of time to relax). I've also been indulging in Poldark on PBS.
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Salads! Far too muggy for anything else.
    6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer? Yale University (for work)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blackbird; 07-17-2015 at 07:21 AM.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steel Ballistic/UV Pilot with Macbook Pro cache as work EDC
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi Pilot (with small Iberian shop bag folded up inside it) for weekend/casual

2. What are you reading?
    "The Bonesetter’s Daughter" by Amy Tan

Over the Rhine’s “Ohio”, Mazzy Star’s “Seasons of Your Day”, and Miles Davis’ “Filles de Kilimanjaro"

“Poldark" on PBS, "Sens8" on Netflix, and "Better Call Saul"

5. What are you drinking?
    Left Hand Brewing’s Milk Stout Nitro (so good!)

6. Where have you gone this summer?
    Cincinnati (for an Over the Rhine concert) and Warm Mineral Springs/St. Pete, FL for a weekend getaway. Hoarding vacation time for travel in the fall!

Happy summer, everyone...
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 07-18-2015 at 04:32 AM.

NJ
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these kinds of threads! So, here goes:

1. What bag are you carrying? French Blue/Steel S19 for work, and its counterpart the French Blue/Steel MCB on weekends
    2. What are you reading? Blowing through the spy novels of Daniel Silva (the Gabriel Allon series) on Kindle
    3. What are you listening to? Mostly the Grateful Dead or Jam On channels on satellite radio
    4. What are you watching? Baseball!!
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Eating lots of fresh Jersey produce (our corn and tomatoes are the BEST), experimenting with flourless chocolate cookie recipes (still a work in progress), and drinking local hoppy IPAs such as River Horse Hop Hazard (the brewery is a mile from my office - DANGER) and Cape May IPA.
    6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer? It's been a good travel summer so far - I've been to Maine for a week (even though it was for work, it was still good); Mrs. Nuke and I just returned from 10 days in Florida and the Caribbean on a cruise, and in two weeks I'll be scuba diving in Turks & Caicos. Then when September rolls around I will be selling body parts to pay for all the travel Stick Out Tongue

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black/Steel Zephyr for work
    Steel Dyneema/Wasabi Smart Alec for Cruisin'
    2. What are you reading?
    "At The Edge of Uncertainty" by Michael Brooks.
    Sirens by The Weepies
    True Detective
    Fat Tire by New Belgium and shrimp Jambalaya
    6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer? New Orleans and a few camping trips. Smilie

[/QUOTE]

Kansas City, MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag are you carrying? MCB in black Dyneema/solar

2. What are you reading? Riordan - Blood of Olympus

3. What are you listening to? Mumford & Sons has been in heavy rotation lately as has Fall Out Boy

4. What are you watching? Coronation Street, White Collar

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Not much, I'm afraid. It's been crazy hot/humid here and I have packing to do. Smilie

6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer? Nowhere, but I am moving to a new city at the end of August!

Current set-up: Black Dyneema/Solar MCB, Iberian 3DOC, COWs in Solar & Steel.

Wishing for more color variety in Dyneema. Can we get a blue again?

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. As always, my trusty black/wasabi Imago, backed up by red and black shopping bags, and a black Western Flyer.
    2. Olivier Bottini, Ein Paar Tage Licht, and Vera Brittain’s Testament of Youth.
    3. the Putamaya “Blues of the World” collection, and NPR.
    4. The rain. (no TV)
    5. Grilling everything I can get my hands on. Not much baking, but blueberry pie in the forecast, drinking Bell’s Oberon, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and Pilsner Urquell.
    6. A few places overseas, Chicago and a secret beach in Michigan. No, I won’t say where. Ever.

Puget Sound region
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Linen/navy SCB, with various, and many, accessories
    2. Simple Suppers by Moosewood Restaurant (I am a new vegetarian and obsessed with learning how to eat/cook in an interesting way); The World Without Us; anything by Louise Penny
    3. And 4. Watching/listening You Tube Car Karaoke with James Corden, catching up on Longmire on Netflix, all the British series on PBS, new and reruns included.
    5. Not cooking much, but Perfect Protein salad from PCC Natural markets; occasionally recipes from cookbook cited above.
    6. The Oregon coast in August with the whole damn fam for a week
    Last edited by monkeylady; 07-19-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Nordic/solar SE with Kiwi LS
    2. FBI Profiler series by Lisa Gardner
    3. Silence. Vey seldom turn in music/radio
    4. MSNBC
    5. Don't like cooking. Eat prepared food from delis (vegetarian)
    6. Probably won't get anywhere this year. If I do, it will be the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marytattoo; 07-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.

WNC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work/EDC: Black Dyneema/Iberian CP and Wasabi SSB (for lunch and knitting project), about to move to Black Dyneema/Wasabi SA for work EDC (to hold everything!) My Steel Dyneema SE has core essentials and gets dropped in whatever bag I'm carrying. Tonight (to the movies), it's my Cocoa/Wasabi Imago.

2. What are you reading?
    Just finished Dead Center by Shiya Ribowsky (about NYC ME's office....I'm a Forensic Nurse, so I end up reading weird and/or "disturbing" things)

Audiobook 'Neverwhere', read by author Neil Gaiman

Sense8 on Netflix, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell on BBC, BattleBots, So You Think You Can Dance

It's summer - we've been eating a lot of Tabouli or 'sandwich rolls' (tortilla with dressing, tofurkey slices, tomato, fresh mozz, and piles of fresh spinach - all rolled up like a sandwich/salad burrito, eaten cold), drinking iced tea or ice cold diet coke, sipping on Tuaca after dark.

6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer?
    Back & forth to work - it's not a travel year for me. I travel internationally every other year and in between, I work and save up for the next trip. Last year was two weeks in the UK with my (nearly grown) kids. Next year is three weeks in Thailand (just me).
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi SA (with UMP & LMP and GloWire), Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Olive/Wasabi MCB, Verde/UV Swift, Black Dyneema/Island A30, Black Dyneema/Iberian Co-Pilot, PCSB in Wasabi, SSB's in Black & Wasabi, LSB's in Zest & NW Sky, TT's in Steel & Wasabi, Various Packing Cubes, TSS's, YSS's, OP's, and QKITs

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. SCB in French blue/olive
    2. A Yarn Harlot book
    3. My kid. Talking. Nonstop.
    4. ST: Voyager. Trying to indoctrinate the child.
    5. Watermelon cucumber vodka slushee my husband found on Martha Stewart of all places
    6. Princess Louisa and a few car camping trips. But working on the husband for Costa Rica in the Winter. Assuming Winter really is coming.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Uh... Ultrasuede?
    Not Ultrasuede, but here it is. Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not Ultrasuede, but here it is. Smilie
    Ok, I don't like camouflage - too military. But I'd buy that in a second in honor of my late father. Dad was a watercolorist. (also in the military). He graduated from the Cleveland Institute of Art, a pretty great place. He raised six kids on art, sending us all to 13 years of parochial school. One - income family. When he had his stroke in 1994 at age 67, he could no longer paint. The stroke affected the "art side" of his brain. He also lost the use of much of his left side and needed 24/7 care. The loss of art - it broke his heart, especially at only 67. He died in 2007, and we used art for the funeral. At the funeral home we hung at least a dozen paintings for an "art show". He'd done notepaper cards and we gave then out. We used a covered bridge he'd done on the mass program. We used a painting for the front of the memorial card (the Irish blessing was on the back). Everything we could to honor his vocation and gift. I would never spring for a vanity license plate but after he died, I did as a tribute. It says 4DRTIST (For the Artist).

Sorry to be long - winded but I LOVE the watercolor, not only because it's beautiful, but because it also tugs my heart strings. What are you carrying?: Summer 2015 edition What are you carrying?: Summer 2015 edition

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast