Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not Ultrasuede, but here it is. Smilie
    I read, and reread, and reread the blog post. (Granted, my head's a little foggy today.) What does this MEAN?! Is parapack making a return in the near future?
    kindness is contagious.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    I read, and reread, and reread the blog post. (Granted, my head's a little foggy today.) What does this MEAN?! Is parapack making a return in the near future?
    Ah, good question! I just updated the post with a new paragraph explaining that a bit more. I also noticed that there is an Ichiro hair in my photo (of course).

(apologies to Badger for the thread derail!)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting things back on track Smilie

1. What bag are you carrying? (Please mention the colorway so people don't freak out)
    Grey/Iberian Synapse 19 as my work bag, Black/Iberian Side Effect for short evening walks or going out on weekends, Linen/Navy Small Cafe Bag for longer outings (whenever I need my water). Plus my Shop Bags (Northwest Sky, Island) are getting lots of use (grocery shopping, farmers market, hauling spare shoes/sunscreen/snacks/etc to leave in the car for after a hike) - thinking of pulling together some of my currently unused accessories to try to swap for another Shop Bag...

2. What are you reading?
    Just started Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential - a little late to the party on this one, but I'm enjoying it!

3. What are you listening to?
    I like too much variety to list it all out, but I'm enjoying Wilco's new surprise release album Star Wars (it's free to download for those of you so inclined!). It's also inspired me to go back and listen to some of my old favorites from their older albums.

4. What are you watching?
    Planet Earth (finally!), Cutthroat Kitchen, Bojack Horseman - sticking to more lighthearted fare, too stressed from work to watch dramas these days

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    Loving the summer food! Have been doing some good veggie grilling - portabellos and squash are old favorites, but who knew grilled kale was so tasty! And grilled cauliflower steaks, grilled green onions, grilled peppers. Been doing some tasty sandwiches (on grilled bread, of course) w/ grilled veg, avocado, tomato, and cheese, yum. Doing a lot of infused waters for drinking - cold brewed tea, watermelon lime mint, strawberry mint, etc... Plus a hibiscus one that was too strong so got cooked down into a hibiscus simple syrup for cocktails.

6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer?
    Weekend trip up to Vancouver to visit a friend. Backpacking in the Olympics (off of North Fork Skokomish River). Cabin in the North Cascades to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Lots of day hikes in the area. Off to Bar Harbor Maine for a week-long family vacation in just a couple weeks - really excited about that!

Enjoying reading everyone's responses to this!

Puget Sound region
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Not Ultrasuede, but here it is. Smilie
    I'd like one of those.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has caused me to realize that I'm being a bit dull this summer.

1. What bag are you carrying? I'm all over the place on bags because I carry an actual purse and change it frequently. I can do that because all of my essentials are in a Plum DOP that transfers easily from one purse to another. Otherwise, I am reveling in my new Zest shop bag.
    2. What are you reading? Re-reading Northanger Abbey. Bloodroot by Amy Greene is next unless something else catches my fancy.
    3. What are you listening to? NPR to/from work. At home, whatever my husband has playing on Pandora. Seems to be heavy on Modest Mouse.
    4. What are you watching? Just started binge-watching Dr. Who and frogging a Lopi sweater that I made after I learned how to knit (more than 20 years ago) and before I learned how to fit (which I still haven't learned, but I do know more about gauge).
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? Cold brew coffee, espresso, Moscow Mules and gin and tonics. A bit of sweet baking with in season fruits. Lots of salads.
    6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer?[/QUOTE] Went to Germany in May, otherwise just family stuff in NC. I'll be in Chattanooga at the end of the month. Maybe an overnight car camping trip or two. We just got a new dog and a new tent and are thinking of getting the two together to see how it goes. The dog is a senior JRT who loves walks but is terrified of thunderstorms so we'll have to choose our night very carefully. We've been getting a lot of sudden cloudbursts lately.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Bag - just OPs - not using TB bag at the moment....
    2. Reading - The Song of Bernadette, working on Winter's Tale
    3. Music - XM Classical channel for sleep - Rockabye Baby Queen and KISS - no I don't have children....
    4. Watching - POLDARK!!!!! and Phantom everytime it's on....
    5. Eating/Cooking/Drinking - nothing special, but have rediscovered sun tea.....glug glug glug
    6. Places - staying local, just hitting up the local library....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Steel/wasabi Co-pilot (work); Steel/wasabi Little Swift (not work)
    2. Terry Pratchett's Discworld from beginning to end
    3. As much silence as possible
    4. Slow TV: Slow tv | Thomas Hellum | TEDxArendal - YouTube
    5. Salmon, fruit crisp and ice-tea.
    6. To my granddaughter's to eat cake for her birthday.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag are you carrying?
    Black dyneema/Iberian copilot with a mini OP Tech strap

2. What are you reading?
    The Outlander book series

Various audiobooks

Poldark

Lots of grilling (too hot to cook inside)/strawberry shortcake/peach ice tea

Went to Helsinki and the Arctic Circle. This weekend, road trip to Wigwam Motel (off Route 66), Window Rock, and Payson

Chengdu, P.R. China & Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long-time lurker making my 1st post:

1. What bag are you carrying?
    EDC = Burnt Orange DLBP; Travel Bag = French Blue BB + Navy/UV Pilot

2. What are you reading?
    Factory Girls

A ticking clock and snoring cats

Hawaii Five-0 reboot (I'm homesick)

Water

Went: Home to Honolulu, Maui, Beijing, and just returned from Hong Kong/Singapore/Bangkok/Koh Samui
    Going: Tokyo, San Francisco
    Steel/Wasabi A45; Original Halcyon/Island A30
    French Blue BB; Black Halcyon/Wasabi S25; Burnt Orange and Navy DLBPs
    Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot; Verde/Steel MB; Original Halcyon DLBC
    Steel/Iberian SE; Zest TT; Iberian CQPC and 3DOC; Red Blend 3DOC
    Steel and Island PCSBs
    Northwest Sky and Island LSBs

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag are you carrying? (Please mention the colorway so people don't freak out)
    Synapse19 Black Codura/Wasabi
    2. What are you reading?
    The Little Prince - English/Korean
    K-Pop Frenzy atm: Wonder Girls, Big Bang, Beast, Sistar, Girl's Day, Primary, Hyukoh, AOA, 9Muses, lions, tigers, bears, oh my.
    Antman 3D if it counts, not watching a show atm.
    sandwich mood, but roaming random nyc bars for beer
    hiking around new york state hills/parks
    Currently Own:
    Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
    A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Forum Member
    Central Az
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Smart Alec (Black/Navy/Iberian) with UMP (Navy/Steel), EDC for work and travel.
    2. Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War.
    3. Shooter Jennings - Electric Rodeo.
    4. The Strain - love it!
    5. Water and coffee, lots of coffee...
    6. Vegas baby!! Celebrated my daughter's 21st B-Day.
    Last edited by gatorfan; 08-26-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Nordic Side Effect
    2. Circling the Sun
    3. Bluegrass
    4. Not much
    5. Gazpacho and BLT's (it's August after all!)
    5. Bermuda
    Last edited by Snapshot; 08-26-2015 at 04:57 PM.

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the forum (been lurking a while!) so hi!

1. What bag are you carrying? - earlier in the summer I was sans Tom Bihn bags, so I was carrying my e-bags handbag (which I still love), and a backpack. Now I carry a black co-pilot, and a daylight backpack in grey.
    2. What are you reading? - just started the first of Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books, as I have been watching the tv series and love it.
    3. What are you listening to? - various podcasts - including Criminal, Sword and Scale and Generation Why (so yep, mainly true crime / mystery ones!).
    4. What are you watching? - this summer I've been re-watching my favourite ever tv show X-Files, up to season 6 now. Also me and the hubster have been watching Bosch, Mountain Men, Fear The Walking Dead, Mr Robot
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking? - today I will be cooking stuffed zucchini, we grew zucchini this summer, so I've been cooking it a lot. 'Baking' bread (not really baking, as I use a bread maker), and right now drinking coffee, but tonight I will most likely partake in a cheeky glass of red wine.
    6. Where are you going (or have you gone) this summer? - early in the summer myself and my husband went to Wales for a week to visit my family. We also spent a weekend in Virginia recently, and camping up in the Catskills. And end of this month I'm going back to Wales again for a week.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5