Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still doing yoga. I got a bit lost last year when I started to think about all the things in yoga I couldn't do. I wasn't competing with anybody else but with myself. (If that makes sense. ) Yoga wasn't fun anymore. I stayed away for a couple of months. When I started going to classes again I had a whole new mindset. I sleep better and it's great fun again.

I have started guided meditation with
    help of an app. This is my winter spot at work. Third floor stairwell looking out. In the summer I'm out back near the trees.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Forum Member
    Raleigh, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to the above: yoga, exercise in general, walking, reading but my #1 is the one thing not mentioned so far. Embarrassment
    Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
    Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1holegrouper View Post
    Similar to the above: yoga, exercise in general, walking, reading but my #1 is the one thing not mentioned so far. Embarrassment
    Organizing your Tom Bihn stuff?Wink
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I thought of something that helps me when I want a little pick-me-up and to feel optimistic - the YouTube videos called "Where the Hell is Matt?" My favorites are the 2008 and 2012 version. It's a lot of fun to read the back story behind these videos and to see how joyful it is for people to celebrate together. There is also a moving story about a song called Rorogwela that he used in an older video.

In another thread, Tom Bihn himself mentions the moving words of the Gitanjali (collection of poems by Tagore). One of the background songs (to the 2008 video) is a Tagore poem called Stream of Life that is sung by a very talented young woman in the beautiful language of Bengali.
    Tom also loves the "Where the Hell is Matt?" videos -- we actually invited Matt to the factory years and years ago and gave him a tour Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Vacuuming.
    Yes! With a teething puppy who loves to bring home wood sticks we find on our walks, I've been vacuuming more than usual and finding relaxation in it.... it's kindof like waking up to a new day, a clear canvas: when I begin vacuuming, the rug has little bits of wood all over it, and when I'm done, it's clean (for the moment: until there's more little bits of wood all over it in a few hours!) The frequent vacuuming has also helped Fiona to be unafraid and relaxed around the vacuum Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by LordBute View Post
    I'm still doing yoga. I got a bit lost last year when I started to think about all the things in yoga I couldn't do. I wasn't competing with anybody else but with myself. (If that makes sense. ) Yoga wasn't fun anymore. I stayed away for a couple of months. When I started going to classes again I had a whole new mindset. I sleep better and it's great fun again.
    Your meditation space is inspiring, LordBute! As is your realization about yoga: that makes total sense and I’ve been there as well. For me, experiencing that and then moving beyond that stage in my yoga practice was a very important part of my practice… perhaps more important than even the physical movement itself.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. My dogs (I have 3, and sometimes I even go over and visit my neighbor's new kitten!)

2. Walking

3. Dark Chocolate breaks

4. Youtube has really great meditation music that I will put on in the background when I am on the computer. The one I listen to the most is called "432 mhz Miracle Tone". Pull that one up and dozens more will come up and they all have "frequencies" which I don't quite understand the meaning of, but they are labeled for what they target. I have listened to most of them and this one is my fave! Must be "my frequency". And it goes for 2 hours straight, which is a bonus!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meditation, drinking tea and munching some chocolate, or washing dishes while dancing to Bhangra music.

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this thread up 'cause there's lots of great ideas here and many of us may find them of use right now.

I've been walking in my yard each evening after work to look closely at all of the new growth and flowers. Thank goodness for the extra hour of light! Here's some of today's discoveries....

Favorite stress reduction methods?-flower-3-jpg

Favorite stress reduction methods?-flower-2-jpg

Favorite stress reduction methods?-flower-1-jpg

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful photos @Darcy ! Being outside always calms my mood

I love 'moving meditation'...walking long enough so that after a while, you are simply walking and being - not thinking, ruminating, or anything else...thoughts float in and out like clouds. I can do this out in the woods or walking down a busy city street.

Something I just found here or somewhere (which has been out in the world a long time apparently) is '3 morning pages' - a specific form of journaling
    https://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/

I've just started this.. part of what cracked me up the first day was that there are several letters that I forgot how to write in cursive! It was interesting to see what my brain and hand were arguing about... if I didn't force the pace or think too hard, the muscle memory kicked in and cursive would happen... though I admit there was also some cursing involved Smilie
    Mostly I type on a laptop and jot notes through printing, so going back to longhand writing to slow it all down/change the pace was *very* interesting. For reference, I probably haven't regularly used cursive since the early 1990s.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes...the miracle of life...just look at the colors..beautiful....

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beatrice

Homemade bread

New shoes Favorite stress reduction methods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I've just started this.. part of what cracked me up the first day was that there are several letters that I forgot how to write in cursive! It was interesting to see what my brain and hand were arguing about... if I didn't force the pace or think too hard, the muscle memory kicked in and cursive would happen... though I admit there was also some cursing involved Smilie
    Mostly I type on a laptop and jot notes through printing, so going back to longhand writing to slow it all down/change the pace was *very* interesting. For reference, I probably haven't regularly used cursive since the early 1990s.
    You're inspiring me to give this a try. I love typing. I type crazy fast with two fingers and I don't like handwriting... to the point where I actually forget how to spell things when I'm writing by hand that I easily blast out with my fingers while I'm typing. It's kind of weird. Would be good for my brain to get the hang handwriting again Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Beatrice

Homemade bread

New shoes
    Totally my kind of three happy things. Okay, here's my go: three things for today...

A perfectly ripe avocado:
    Favorite stress reduction methods?-avocado-jpg

Muddy post-walk boots:
    Favorite stress reduction methods?-post-hike-boots-jpg

Carving a friend made for me of my dog Ichiro:
    Favorite stress reduction methods?-ichiro-carving-jpg
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-13-2020 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Ironically, hand writing is one word.

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided today while working from home and knowing I might go crazy from the social isolation that I need to find a way to do 7 nice things for people each week. I may not be able to do one thing a day but some days I might be able to do multiple things to make up for the deficit day(s). Figuring out how to do nice things for people while in social isolation will give my brain exercise on focusing on something other than work or the chaosovirus.

Today I was able to haul a heavy Chewy package up to my elderly neighbor's door from the lobby (4 steps and 5 floors via elevator). This also gave me the opportunity to speak with my neighbor who says she has nothing to do. I stood a distance from her but we were able to have a good short chat.

I live across the street from a beautiful park and I am expecting to be able to take some early morning walks and maybe a bike ride or two to the Hudson River. I'm still trying to figure out the boundaries around social isolation.

Of course my cats are usually helpful in alleviating my stress.

I don't know if I could write cursive without cursing. It might increase my stress!
    Spring

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing the guitar last summer, and I find it absorbing like nothing else. I’ve never done anything musical in my life (listened, yes, but never actually created) before this, and it takes a lovely level of
    concentration but is still “easy” enough to see definite progress. I’m so, so hooked.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lego. I'm not creative enough to build "MOCs" (My Own Creations), but I enjoy building and displaying sets. I'm constantly amazed at the building techniques that the Lego team has come up with. Seeing a large set come together is really incredible, and I find the process to be relaxing and satisfying.

My favorite really large set so far is the big Hogwarts. Truly an amazing display piece, but also a really interesting build.

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walking, cooking, reading, all good. Too old for martial arts, but taking the stairs helps.
    One thing I haven‘t seen yet on the thread is recordings of nature sounds. When I was working (shout out to all educators, and especially the untenured) and going through stress, the kind that kept me from sleeping, I would listen to recordings of nature sounds. Frogs, for some reason, worked best.

Oh, and laughing, especially with friends.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast