Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 Bottom Pocket Advice

So I've been using my S25 for everything. Work backpack, gym, daypack, hiking, overnight bag and fishing.

I really like the bottom pocket and usually have a snack chamber Stick Out Tongue in there full with various things, or I may have my gym shoes in an eagle creek specter shoe bag.

What I am looking for now is if anyone has used this bottom pocket for a tackle box. When I take it fishing I carry a separate tackle box, but if I had one that fit that bottom pocket perfectly, then I would only carry one bag and my fishing rods on my trips.

Looking for something like this:
    Synapse 25 Bottom Pocket Advice-10060266-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought tackle boxes come in a variety of sizes. What are the dimensions of yours?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, they do come in a variety of sizes.

I have just the one right now, it is 14 inches long, 8.25 inches tall and 8.25 inches wide. These dimensions are too big to fit in Synapse bottom pocket, also it is only meant to be carried upright.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have questions. Does anyone know the dimensions of the S25 bottom pocket? Is there a noticeable pocket size difference between the cordura version and the Dyneema version?

Solo is your Synapse Dyneema? Will your fishing gear fit in a smaller box? I've seen boxes in the outdoor stores that would fit. Can you take your S25 to an outdoor store? LL Bean, Cabelas, BassPro, and Sportsman's Wearhouse all carry them in multiple sizes. Department stores with a camping-hunting-fishing section may have them, too.

I am curious why a tackle box needs to be carried upright. If the clasp holds it shut properly, it should store in any orientation. I had one that always came open. I needed to put a rubber band or large hair tie around it. Worked like a charm. elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi AG,

I have a synapse dyneema. I do not know the exact dimensions of the bottom pocket, but your idea of taking in store for a "fitting" is probably what I am going to do. In dyneema, the pocket seems stretchy...

My gear will absolutely fit in a smaller box, the box I use now is about 20 years old and it's built like an old toolbox with a sliding shelf so all the stuff flies around if it's not carried upright.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the size of the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, but I would expect the size to be the same regardless of whether the Synapse is made with 1000d Cordura, 400d Dyneema or 420d Parapack.

The 1000d Cordura seems a less pliable fabric than the other two, though not significantly. But I don't think any of these fabrics have elasticity as a characteristic -- when I think of a fabric that will stretch, I imagine something that has lycra, like cycling shorts.

I hope that helps!
    -m