Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi @backpack! Thanks so much for the tip! Will do! We planned to just stay in Paris. Our itinerary is sort of leisurely at the moment and I feel like we could take a train somewhere on one of the days - would you recommend seeing anything in particular outside Paris?

Just as an aside I can't wait to share photos of my first TB items! They arrive September 8th!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Toblerhaus, As always, these are such great pictures of packing strategies! A couple of quick questions: what do your kids use for their travel pillows? There have been some discussion posts which have suggested taking along a pillow as an option to make traveling more enjoyable, and some queries like the Travelling light with a full size pillow - an oxymoron?, and I've seen some options at the REI web site, but most forum discussions deal with inflatable or really compact pillows. And the totes your kids use for carrying these look great. Secondly, what organizer is your daughter using in her Field Journal Notebook? It looks like it is designed to hold a Kindle, but also has some zippered pockets that are nicely sized for use in the FJN.

Have a great time in Ireland!

moriond

P.S. Totally off topic, but I was thinking about you and your Hawaii Trip earlier this year, since I found a nice restaurant on the Kona side that has gluten-free menu options: Under the Bodhi Tree

@NWHikergal, I suspect the Porteen Gear Camera Insert @Toblerhaus uses is more durable, but for some other ideas and pictures on camera inserts in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and an embedded video by Victoria Diaz that @Ilkyway found, see my post (#42) in the Best choice for a Camera Bag thread from ear lie this year. But you might want to start a separate thread on this topic, because there are lots of other related threads that get further off topic.
    Thank you! Ireland is wonderful. I could totally see myself live here.

I made the travel pillows. They were quite easy, and l love that the handle to allows me to clip it to a carabiner on their backpacks. The kids love having a "real" pillow over a neck conception. Plus, it makes a nice lumbar pillow.

More about the pillows here, including a link to the tutorial I used. : https://toblerhaus.wordpress.com/201...ravel-pillows/

You are right that the organizer in my daughter's FJN is for a Kindle. The pocket is fairly small. It's discontinued now, but it's called the Timbuk2 Dinner Jacket. http://www.rei.com/product/839353/ti...lekindle-touch

Thanks for the GF restaurant recommendation for Hawaii. I can't wait to go back, though it's not in the plans yet.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wandernotlost View Post
    Hi @backpack! Thanks so much for the tip! Will do! We planned to just stay in Paris. Our itinerary is sort of leisurely at the moment and I feel like we could take a train somewhere on one of the days - would you recommend seeing anything in particular outside Paris?

Just as an aside I can't wait to share photos of my first TB items! They arrive September 8th!

Giverny: Monet's garden
    Giverny accommodation, B & B's, lodgings, hotels, restaurants, news, artists, gardens and house of Claude Monet...

Transportation information
    Transportation | Giverny accommodation, B & B's, lodgings, hotels, restaurants, news, artists, gardens and house of Claude Monet...

Other sites to consider in Normandy, which is Paris' closest region (mile wise)

Caen Normandy Memorial and the D-Day Landing Beaches.
    Home | Le Mémorial de Caen

Normandy's Comprehensive map of transportation to the Mont Saint Michel http://www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/en/Acces-au-mont-saint-michel.htm

It shows trains routes, highways, airports and ports in Normandy/ eastern Britanny

Le Mont Saint Michel.
    Site officiel de l’office de tourisme du mont saint michel - Home page

Mont Saint Michel map from the perspective of an helicopter
    http://www.ot-montsaintmichel.com/FC...ge/plan_gb.png

It is better to skip dining inside the Mont Saint Michel (very expensive), the main street is very crowded and touristy, probably less in September but it is the only way for people with limited mobility.

Your best bet is to use the fortifications way, less crowd, more stairs, (bonus: you can skip your workout for a day or two or three).

Let me know if you would like day trips ideas with more historic, gastronomic or cultural focus.

Congrats on the new order! Can't wait to see your pictures!
    Last edited by backpack; 09-05-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2