Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Travel pillows?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problem with inflatable neck pillows. They got harder as the plane when up and cabin pressure decreased. So I'd have to continually let the air out. Then going down, I'd have to keep blowing it back up because it would deflate due to me having let the air out previously.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP here. For the past two years, I could NOT sleep on the plane for love or money. I bought Wirecutter's "travel pillow of the year for 2018" and it did not help at all. Ended up using it as a back support. Left it at home last year.

A blogger I follow bought this but hasn't reported back on it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4Z0T2Y...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck finding a pillow that's right for you! It sounds like it's been a long slog. I really like the Cabeau pillows that a few others have mentioned in this thread; unfortunately the foam ones (the most comfortable) take up more room in my bag than I usually want to spend on a pillow, but the inflatable one is a good compromise. (For me the benefit of the Cabeau over other donut pillows I've tried is that the Cabeau is flat across the back, so it doesn't push my head forward like most donut pillows do.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may try the Cabeau; thank you!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my camping pillow case that I stuff with my jacket.

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so it's 11 days till my trip and I've got to buy a travel pillow.

Got it narrowed down to the following,and if anyone has personal experience with any of these, please let me know. It drives me nuts that Amazon has these *extremes* in reviews: I loved it/it sucked.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6MJ3QI...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQVGS98...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I worry about having something potentially hot around my neck. That said, I have not slept a wink on the past two overnight flights and arrived at Heathrow in a zombie-like state. I figure something is better than nothing.

Thanks!

(Can you tell post-trip panic is setting in?)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look into the MyPillow travel pillow. Packs small, very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve tried many, and finally found Cabeau with memory foam. With a flat part across the back, it doesn’t throw the head forward. The ones I bought from the company came with a little sack to carry it in, so it doesn’t take up a lot of space in luggage (they roll up tightly and tuck into the sack). The ones I bought from Amazon did not come with the carrying sack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I’ve tried many, and finally found Cabeau with memory foam. With a flat part across the back, it doesn’t throw the head forward. The ones I bought from the company came with a little sack to carry it in, so it doesn’t take up a lot of space in luggage (they roll up tightly and tuck into the sack). The ones I bought from Amazon did not come with the carrying sack.
    That's the same one I have that I like so much! That is, I think Cabeau has come out with a new model sometime in the past several months (I saw it at MSP airport last time I traveled there), and I haven't tried this new one yet. The ones I've used are their Evolution Classic and Air Evolution.

@ladyinblack1964, it might be worth trying Cabeau's Evolution Cool! I haven't tried that one but it looks like it has the same flat back that I like in the other Evolution pillows, and presumably it would help with the overheating you mentioned.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=aedifica;174641]That's the same one I have that I like so much! That is, I think Cabeau has come out with a new model sometime in the past several months (I saw it at MSP airport last time I traveled there), and I haven't tried this new one yet. The ones I've used are their Evolution Classic and Air Evolution.

I bought two Evolution pillows from the company and two Evolution Classic pillows from Amazon. Comfort-wise, I can’t tell the difference, they’re both great!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I bought two Evolution pillows from the company and two Evolution Classic pillows from Amazon. Comfort-wise, I can’t tell the difference, they’re both great!
    Yeah, I can't tell the difference between the "Evolution" and the "Evolution Classic" but since all their pillows seem to have "Evolution" in the name I used "Classic" for a little bit of clarity.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased the Cabeau Evolution S3, the one with the straps that attach to the airplane seat. I tried it out at home, watching TV. It offers good support, but is a bit on the warm side after a while. I think it will do the trick. Let's hope so, or I can look forward to another first day of Zombiedom in England.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
    I have purchased the Cabeau Evolution S3, the one with the straps that attach to the airplane seat. I tried it out at home, watching TV. It offers good support, but is a bit on the warm side after a while. I think it will do the trick. Let's hope so, or I can look forward to another first day of Zombiedom in England.
    Good luck, I hope it works well for you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4