Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel sport coat / suit

Dilemma... Hubby has a 3 day conference in FL in July and will need business wear that can hold up ok to the packing and heat. I've poured through the forum and found a wealth of info on travel clothing, but since travel for most seems to only require business casual at best, I'm left searching for a suitable (pun intended?) alternative to his dressy wool items.

I did manage to get him to one bag it to a day conference last fall in Houston, but his poor wool suit was almost ruined as he is not a serious folding wiz... Yet...

The only option I have found so far was Ministry of Supply and it's pricey. Anybody else have any experience with any products? Or will I be better off holding some intensive packing classes for him?

La Mesa (San Diego), California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not bring a summer-weight wool jacket?
    🐝➰

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you didn't see it, this thread had some good suggestions. Otherwise, most off-the-rack shops will begin to stock lightweight cotton or linen blends in the coming months, and they'll still be time to have them tailored as necessary before your husband's trip. The bundle method (around a small packing cube or stuffsack) inside a lightly packed bag should do the trick.
    Aeronaut 30, Western Flyer, Synapse 25, Daylight Briefcase, Side Kick, lots and lots of accessories.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried Travelsmith?

Travel Clothing, Travel Accessories, Luggage & Travel Footwear for Women & Men - TravelSmith

They have a line of travel friendly jackets and pants.

Also Joseph A Banks, the men's clothing chain may have what you're looking for.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    St. Somewhere
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe banks

I have 9 of their "travelers" press shirts and 6 of thier "travelers" press khakis

They are ALMOST go to go outta the drier

A quick touch up and they rock

They have almost daily specials

The shirts and pants are 2 for $99

Great quality
    Hold up well

Sent from St. Somewhere

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I travel often and usually bring a navy suit from Lands End that doesn't pick up many wrinkles. Not as cool a summer weight wool, but I haven't had issues living with it in the deep south. And it can be machine or hand washed on the road, a great plus when you are packing light.

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohan have been making travel clothing in the UK for many years with the tag 'Technology disguised as clothing'. They have a summer weight Envoy suit in navy, 50% wool, 49% polyester, 1% elastane with odour control from recycled silver. For packing I fold it up reasonably, but not immaculately, and on unpacking and hanging up any creases disappear almost immediately. If necessary, I wash it in the shower tray, which makes rinsing very easy, squeeze the water out, wrap it in a towel and twist hard. It should dry overnight, but I prefer to do it in the morning and hang it up to dry during the day, so that I can wear it again in the evening.

And now it seems that Rohan have a US website priced in dollars.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for the same thing and grabbed a Rohan Envoy jacket and it seems really nice. I need to take it to a tailor to get the arms shortened just a bit, but material is great and can't wait for my trip next week to try it out. The internal pockets will be very useful.

Forum Member
    United States
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I travel with an Eddie Bauer Travex blazer. They have men's and women's!

Forum Member
    Delaware.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been happy with the Eddie Bauer Travex blazer, but it's not super dressy....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NoVA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel sport coat / suit

Quote Originally Posted by mitechie View Post
    I just want to say thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for the same thing and grabbed a Rohan Envoy jacket and it seems really nice. I need to take it to a tailor to get the arms shortened just a bit, but material is great and can't wait for my trip next week to try it out. The internal pockets will be very useful.
    How did you like the Rohan Envoy now that you've owned it for a bit over a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sose; 03-26-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 3 weeks in Scotland last summer with an A30 and DLBP. We have family there so I was able to do laundry. As others have said layers are essential as the weather can change dramatically throughout the day.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillgil76 View Post
    I did 3 weeks in Scotland last summer with an A30 and DLBP. We have family there so I was able to do laundry. As others have said layers are essential as the weather can change dramatically throughout the day.

Put this in the wrong place...obviously. It is supposed to be in the post about Scotland with an A45...

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sose View Post
    How did you like the Rohan Envoy now that you've owned it for a bit over a year?

My husband loves his Envoy suit, it is now his favorite to wear, even when we aren't traveling. It's held up beautifully so far.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Forum Member
    Raleigh, NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make sure I would have him recheck dress code for the conference. I've been to several in Orlando and they usually stress business casual wear.
    Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
    Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast