Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Utah
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for starting this good thread. Since I have flat feet and wear a size 10, I am always challenged to pack lightweight, comfortable shoes. There are some very nice looking shoes mentioned by others, but thin flexible soles just don't work for me. What does work are the canvas topped, slip on loafers made by Crocs. I have 2 pairs (the Kaleb and Walu) both with black tops and black soles. The Kaleb has frayed edges, so is a bit more casual than the Walu. Either works well with jeans or even khakis. Both are very lightweight.

Finding the color combination you want seems to a bit hit and miss online.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Nike Free 4.0. These are ones you really need to try in-store, some versions are excellent at compressing, others no so much.

La Mesa (San Diego), California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 3rd vote for the Vans. A great low-profile, slip-on shoe. My husband (50-something Civil Engineer), my older son (26-year old pro extreme sports photographer), and younger son (20-year old college student) all love Vans for daily casual wear as well as traveling. They seem to be an iconic style that never goes out of fashion.
    🐝➰

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear Vans, or used to. They're great, but I find the rubber soles to be on the heavy side! They'll fit into a A45 end pocket, but IMO there are better choices weight-wise.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a ton of great options already, but I'll throw out another one. I love my Saucony Bullets if I want a sneaker-type shoe for touring. There is a men's version as well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    …my older son (26-year old pro extreme sports photographer)…
    <hijack>

Forget the shoes, let's hear more about this!!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roessletb View Post
    I wear a men's size 13 so I'm always on the lookout for something more packable. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I usually wear a wide size and they don't seem to make them, but I'm intrigued by these:

Lems Shoes | Ultra-Minimalist. Zero Drop. Natural-shape. | Lems® Shoes

Huckberry recently started carrying them and they seem to have a lot of appeal. If anybody has experience, I'd love to hear it.
    For Christmas I bought myself a pair of Primal 2s and a pair of Nine2Fives because I was sick of too-narrow shoes. Both are comfortable and pack well and have nice wide toe boxes. The Primal 2 is agile, versatile, and even looks pretty good. The Nine2Five is a little more substantial but looks horrible. Like, clown shoe horrible. Maybe in a size 13 the proportions are better, but in a 9 they look so so bad. Like, so bad that my boyfriend won't even tease me about them. The Primal 2, though...that's my jam.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same travel situation and for casual shoes I take the classic Converse All Stars. As the uppers are light canvas, essentially all you are packing (bulk wise) is the flat rubber soles. Excellent travel shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the lems primal 2 shoes in all black, but hated how they looked on my feet. They were plenty wide but my toes touched the ends and they weren't nearly as flexible as I had expected.

I ended up with the Merrell Vapor Glove 2 in black, and I love them. These feel slightly sturdier than the first generation of Vapor Glove,, but still are very minimalist and pack completely flat.

Both of those shoes are for men and women.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    P. S. I have never seen the soft star shoes in person, and I am sure they are ridiculously comfortable, but I don't like how they look. To me they look like baby shoes, and are weird looking for grown men.
    I feel the same way - I want to like them, but cannot yet.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vapor glove 2's look nice. So, the mesh upper isn't rigid? Looks ok with socks? Or black only on the socks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2