Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Singapore
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reddit: 3 weeks in Italy and France with a DLBP

Reddit: 3 weeks in Italy and France with a DLBP-my-packing-list-3-weeks-italy-france-just-got-back-least-ive-ever-packed-tr-jpg

Saw this on Reddit: bmiloh traveled three weeks in Italy and France with just a Daylight Backpack. Impressive.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/onebag/comm...ly_and_france/

Image source: My packing list for 3 weeks in Italy and France - Just got back. Least I've ever packed for a trip this length. - Imgur
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's impressive. With all of the little bits and pieces I think I'd like a bit more organization than a DLBP but i supposed a few 3D organizers would solve that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I think I would get really, really tired of my clothes after that trip, but hats off to bmiloh for the minimalism and discipline! Smilie

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased probably 75% of the things in his list for myself or my husband. Funny... We must all be reading the same minimalist travel blogs!
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all the super lightweight clothing (and foldable spork) and then the inclusion of a big ass gnarly umbrella, which looks like it takes up 1/8 of the bag all by itself. Reddit: 3 weeks in Italy and France with a DLBP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha! Good eye. You know, I kinda get that choice. Even with a raincoat, tiny umbrellas really don't do all that much, and being wet and cold is miserable. I've noticed that I've shifted my rainy-day carry preference from the smallest possible folding umbrella to a big, clear bubble umbrella. I can see better, the wind doesn't blow it inside-out, and I stay drier. (And with a good TB bag, I have hands free to hold the big umbrella, and my stuff stays dry too!! ;p)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I love all the super lightweight clothing (and foldable spork) and then the inclusion of a big ass gnarly umbrella, which looks like it takes up 1/8 of the bag all by itself. Reddit: 3 weeks in Italy and France with a DLBP

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That's impressive.

CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how to one bag it! Super impressed!

Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Side Effect Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Aeronaut 45 Burnt Orange/Steel
    Absolute Shoulder Strap
    Travel Laundry Stuff Stack Aeronaut 45 Wasabi
    Vertical Freudian Slip Synapse 25
    Travel Tray Wasabi
    Pilot Navy/Wasabi
    RFID Passport Pouch Iberian
    Spiff Kit Deluxe Northwest Sky Halcyon 200
    Synapse 19 Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet
    Empire Builder
    Snake Charmer

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Impressive -- and now that the Daylight Backpack just refreshed today in Black and Nordic Halcyon, the total weight can go down wvwn a bit more. BTW, I really like the (Women's) Lightbeam jacket I found out about from @binje's suggestion in the Technical and/or fashionable packable rain jacket suggestions?. You guys might want to keep an eye out on the more recent Nau Cranky Jacket that's currently showing up as a clearance item on the Nau site, and that is even more discounted on the Sierra Trading Post site, in case it goes into deep discount mode (as the Nau Lightbeam Jacket did.)

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive, indeed.

I just returned from a 3-day trip to the Catskills. My friends were super impressed that all I had were my DLBP and Pilot. More than half the space in the DLBP was crammed with bread Smilie that I brought them.

Then I bought a huge round 9-grain bread from the area to take home with me - it took the upper half the space of my DLBP. Here are my bags waiting to board the plane on the return trip.

Without the bread, everything I carried in the Pilot would have fit in the DLBP.

Forum Member
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Wow. That's impressive.
    Ditto. Very impressed.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Haha! Good eye. You know, I kinda get that choice. Even with a raincoat, tiny umbrellas really don't do all that much, and being wet and cold is miserable. I've noticed that I've shifted my rainy-day carry preference from the smallest possible folding umbrella to a big, clear bubble umbrella.
    I'd go with a disposable rain poncho, combined with a rain jacket with a hoodie myself.

That said, this is still very impressive. I'm particularly surprised that it's possible, given the inclusion of both the umbrella, and the SLR camera. And here I thought it would be impressive to use a PCBP/PCSB combo!