Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thin, organized wallet--recommendations?

In anticipation of the MCB I just ordered (woo-HOOOOO!), I'm realizing that my big fat wallet stuffed with cards (frequent shopper cards, health insurance cards for entire family, gift cards, work ID, drivers license, bank card, business cards, etc), and oh yeah, paper money and change....

Well, it's just not going to work.

How do y'all handle this?

What thin, light, organized wallets do you like?

What do you do with All The Cards? Leave 'em home? Put 'em in a separate card case? Burn them?
    Last edited by Izzy; 07-02-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    In anticipation of the MLB I just ordered (woo-HOOOOO!), I'm realizing that my big fat wallet stuffed with cards (frequent shopper cards, health insurance cards for entire family, gift cards, work ID, drivers license, bank card, business cards, etc), and oh yeah, paper money and change....

Well, it's just not going to work.

How do y'all handle this?

What thin, light, organized wallets do you like?

What do you do with All The Cards? Leave 'em home? Put 'em in a separate card case? Burn them?
    I use an app called Key Ring to organize my shopper cards,that way I'm not carrying tons of cards around. I keep my debit cards and cash in my Clear Organizer Wallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try and carry less and less. I would perhaps use a couple of mini organizer pouches. One would have all the medical cards and a separate one of the store cards. Finally OP or Organizer wallet for money/credit card./license. Hook them all on a long keys trap with an O ring on the end.

I have that but with cards in one, a couple of lightening cables in one and earbuds on the third. I use I credit card and one debit card essentially for everything they are in a pocket of my phone case.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently switched from a small wallet to a plum COW attached to a handle loop for my cards. Sometimes I'll clip on my free forum gift Sitka OP as a cash pouch (green for $ which is amusing to me). I can carry this as a wristlet or it's all flat enough to stash in a pocket.

I just got an azure small double organizer pouch which handles paper bills better since it's larger, but I'm not sure I like my cards visible through the clear front section (I tuck them behind the felt in the COW). I can even put my iphone 6 in the back section with the cash. I may try to place a piece of coordinating fabric like a cool batik to mask the card section. I'll most likely use the handle loop with this set up as I think it's too big for a pocket.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to get an Alicia Klein taxi wallet. Heard good reviews of The Big Skinny wallets.

Peace!

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a small double organize pouch as a wallet. Bills, bank, library, bus and Y card all go in back, and ID , insurance card go in front. I'm kind of a minimalist, though.
    ps, the only MLB I know is Major League Baseball! I'd rather buy a minor league team, like Bill Murray with the St. Paul Saints.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a traditional wallet, I love my Allett wallet.

https://www.all-ett.com/

What is the MLB? I, too, can only think of baseball...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    St. Louis, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband and I both have bellboy wallets and love them.
    Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I'm realizing that my big fat wallet stuffed with cards (frequent shopper cards, health insurance cards for entire family, gift cards, work ID, drivers license, bank card, business cards, etc), and oh yeah, paper money and change....
    Before buying another wallet, I would look at cutting this down. Personally, I made a list of how often I used everything in a week. Then, I experimented cutting it down to the bare essentials. Along the way, I realised what I could get rid off and what I needed.

Personally, most of my cards are in Android/Samsung Pay (you could use Apple Pay for the same thing). This includes bank and shopper cards. So, that cuts a lot out. I still keep my main bank card in case but nothing else. The frequent shopper cards I keep at home with the shopping list. So, I only take that when doing the main shopping. I suppose you could do the same with the gift cards. Normally, I only use those when I know I'll be heading to that store. So, for me, it wouldn't make sense to carry that all the time.

In terms of work ID, I keep that in a separate pocket rather than the wallet. So, I'm not carrying that around all the time. As a thought, you could take photos of the health insurance cards and store them on your phone. You could keep the actual health cards in the car.

Essentially, I only have the basic set of cards with me at all times. I've got backups/digital versions of anything else I might need on my phone. It's worked so far. But, of course, your usage might be different.

In terms of actual wallet suggestions, it depends on your needs. For example, I need a coin pocket so that rules a lot of wallets out for me. But, I would look at Bellroy, Allett or even something like Machine Era.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using my solar halcyon COW for a couple years, at least. I actually tried a different wallet (Recycled Firefighter, the littlest one...) and it was sturdy and well built, but lacking any sort of closure, I gave up the second or third time all my cards popped out! Like someone above, I also have another mini organizer pouch in my EDC backpack that has a bunch of extra cards and whatnot that I don't need on the reg. I'll probably pick up 1 or 2 more COW's with my next order, especialy if they get some halcyon ones again!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 on the allett wallet. I've carried them for more than a decade.

One warning: I don't recommend the ultra slim men's wallet with a coin purse. The zipper tears up pants if you wear a wallet in your back pocket. By the time I realized, I had identical holes in four pairs of pants. Now I wear in with the zipper in. I'm going to buy a new ultra slim without the coin section.

Last edited by Fulton; 07-02-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    If you want a traditional wallet, I love my Allett wallet.

https://www.all-ett.com/

What is the MLB? I, too, can only think of baseball...

Autocorrect strikes again! MCB.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a traditional wallet with my Cafe bags that is long, slim, and zips shut around 2 sides. The interior has 4 card slots in each side and a coin zip section in the middle, nothing on the outside and because it is a hard leather it is simply impossible to keep enough coins or cards inside to make it become bulky.

As for rewards cards, a few years ago I went through and made the effort to match them all up with my phone number, so now at checkout I simply enter my phone number (sometimes under "alternate ID") instead of scanning a card. I think Ikea was the only place I couldn't do this, so I pull up my card on my iPhone on the rare occasions I go there (Ikea has a special mobile site just for doing this.) Note I don't have a lot of gas station cards, mostly grocery and multi-purpose store who are all equipped to do this so it was pretty simple. I also only carry 3 "money" cards, my drivers license, and a couple of insurance cards so with the removal of store/rewards cards I don't need a lot of space.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    San Antonio, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using a mini Dyneema Organizer Pouch as my wallet for about 7 or so years. But maybe it isn't totally working for me. It is always too full, and not easy to access things inside it. A mash of cards, receipts, cash, coins, photos, slips of paper. Always stretched to capacity. Those "All-ett" wallets some of you posted intrigue me. I have grown REALLY accustomed to having my wallet (Organizer Pouch) attached by key strap into whatever bag I'm carrying though. I feel nervous that I would let it drop out of my bag or forget it somewhere without an o-ring and key strap to keep me on top of it. But maybe not. It is WAY overstuffed and honestly, the insides get REALLY raggedy really quickly when there is a lot in there. All peeling and gross-looking.

Am I the only one who still carries printed wallet-sized photos in my wallet? I like to carry a few in there that I get printed at Walgreens. I carry way too much in there, but I doubt I'll totally give up on the photos. It feels nice, even if I pretty much never look at them and don't show them off since they are, by nature, perpetually out-of-date. I look at pics of my kids on my phone daily though. It still feels nice to have them in my wallet.

Off to waste time on the Internet looking at your suggestions....

Happy Fourth!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A COW for spare cards - family library cards in one section, ID cards in one, and rarely used store cards in another, but I plan to reduce these with an app as suggested above.

A small red purse for cash, receipts and two main cards. I love this! For a few years, I used the big style women's wallet with one section for cash, change, cards, etc, and another section for 16 cards, which I filled with store cards and photos too. That's just what mum's carry, right? It was only after reading this site that I realised how little I use most cards and I never 'see' the photos. They're just there. I love having downsized and simplified.

Purse like this and it just fits my phone (iPhone 6) too for quick grab and run. Colorado Key Purse - Other / Accessories (3008201) but in red.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast