Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The packing list of a world traveler/vagabond.

Hello. I'm Snowster.

For the past five years, I've been essentially living out of my Synapse 19. I've traveled to over 20 countries, and have lived in nearly every climate imaginable. I chose the Synapse initially because I read a glowing review of it given by Tynan Smith. In it, he praised the bag's construction, features, and the general well-thought-out nature of everything Tom Bihn makes.

I paired the modest size of the S19 with a packing list that has only grown smaller over time, and my packing list has molded into a fit for what I bag I choose. As a general guideline, I try not to pack anything that doesn't immediately make my life better while traveling, and I'm always on the lookout for ways to save space, time, and energy.

My packing list can be viewed here.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Generally speaking, I'm amazed that some people travel with as much stuff as they do. To me, anything over a 30L bag is getting into 'wasted space' territory, and anything over 40L is excessive for one person.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great list, thanks for sharing! Personal question: how tall are you? I have tried a similar list of clothing for my husband, but he's 6'4" and I can't seem to make the S19 work for his size clothes, although there is a large chance it is an issue of user error.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

Forum Member
    Carlsbad, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice list. Do you bundle or roll the clothing to pack it? Do you use a packing cube?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs.

I don't currently do anything special with my clothes. I might look into a packing cube if I ever packed more, but honestly I have plenty of space now.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The packing list of a world traveler/vagabond.

I'm a bit obsessed right now with merino. Trying to get a fall trip to a single bag for me and my son.

Any advice on Outlier? Why their socks -- versus say Darn Tough Vermont or SmartWool? Why not their pants -- or any thoughts on good usable pants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outlier shirts are great. I got the Patagonia shirts some years ago because I had a Patagonia giftcard.

Pants-wise, I'd say the Slim Dungarees are among the best. However, the Cotopaxi pants are actually rebranded LEDGE pants, and are perfect for the kinds of things i do (outdoor stuff, not really anything formal).