Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current preferences for travel pants are Kuhl and Outlier. It's really hard to beat stretchy and moisture wicking. The Outlier Futureworks are great for warmer weather or when you know you're going to be possibly getting sweatier. The New Way shorts are probably my favorite shorts now. I just wish they had buttons on the back pockets, but they're otherwise nearly perfect.

Some of the Kuhl designs are clearly hiking pants. Some are a little more subtly designed. Some of them super lightweight. Some are heavy canvas-like materials. I find I have to take a look at them in person before deciding which to buy, but if that's not an option, pick a style and fabric based on their details and you'll probably be happy.

Two features that are worth noting in Outlier and Kuhl, respectively: Outlier has a few pants, including the Futureworks, that have a nice big gusset. Most Kuhl pants have articulated knees. I never would have believed that those make a difference in comfort, but when sitting for long periods of time, they really do.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second that. I also love the PrAna Brion pants. I use these two all the time including traveling. I would love to get a pair of Outliers.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duluth Trading DULUTHFLEX 'Dry on the Fly' Nylon Pants, which are chino style (they also make cargo pants, same material), paired with your favorite underwear. I use Buck Naked boxers from Duluth.

These look perfectly acceptable, have great wicking powers; the gusseted crotch & all-over flexible material make them good for extended movement + athletic motion while underway. Despite being advertised as a summer pant, I find them thick enough for wearing in all environments barring an additional base layer... so long as you are not in bitter cold, extended exposure to wind.

Especially good for being seated in the car or plane for extended periods, with a high wicking fabric that helps vent the nethers. Also good for stretching out during the trip, dries fast, stain resistant in case of spills during a bumpy ride.

I wear these out and back on any trip, then pack my jeans or more formal slacks for whatever I am doing at the destination.
    Last edited by jb_abides; 11-27-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BWeaves, this sounds right but I haven't heard others complaining much about jeans.

I'm back from my trip. Even going for a walk for an hour or two was problematic, with jeans. I guess I need to look into alternatives for travel.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, walking in jeans is the worst. They just keep getting bigger and saggier and sweatier.

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the replies! I just went through them all, including their respective websites. One of my restraints is that I'm short with a thin waist, so I need pants with a 28 inch waist. Looks like Bluffworks, Outlier Slims and some Prana products will qualify. Thanks again!

Forum Member
    Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I need pants with a 28 inch waist.
    28 inch waist, huh?

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, I'd rather be six inches taller and not have this problem.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of Vertx Delta Stretch Pants that have become my new favorite pants. Casual, but not sloppy, the stretch fabric is very comfortable, and they are, thus far, very durable.

NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually use Outlier's Slim Dungarees (in Bluetint Gray) for casual use, both domestic and international. They're just comfortable, durable, and looks very nice.

On the other side, I also have Outlier's recently released M-back track pants for going to the gym/lazy days.

If I want to go a bit more formal, I use Outlier's Futureworks in Desert Tan, which not only is comfortable but looks great.

Pretty much Outlier would be your best pants for travel, though I might be biased
    Black/Northwest Sky Western Flyer

Forum Member
    Brazil
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite pants are (in no particular order):
    Tilley Tencel Jeans
    Makers & Riders 4 season wool pants
    Prana Brion

They all dry fast when washed, don't wrinkle, are lightweight and look very nice. And the Brions even come with water repelent treatment

Other brands I've read good things about (but have not tested yet): Outlier, Rohan (UK), Swrve, Bluffworks

Forum Member
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpdx View Post
    I have a friend who swears by Lululemon's ABC pant for men. He bought 2 pairs after we met a guy at a coffee shop who was wearing them and raved about how great they are. The guy at the coffee shop said he'd worn them for 364 days of the last year and the only day he didn't wear them was his wedding day because his future wife/mother-in-law had other plans

Hilarious side note: ABC stands for "anti-ball crushing" - for real!
    It's very possible that this post just cost me $128. My wife has wanted a second pair of Lulu yoga pants for a while so I'll be quite the hit if I come home with these.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Nebulous Gray/Northwest Sky) daily carry, Original, First-Run Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) knock-around, weekend use

Special Teams/On the Bench: Daylight Briefcase (Grey), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Wasabi), Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi), Pilot (Black/Northwest Sky), Synapse 19 (Black/Iberian), Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Original Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), Ristretto (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (French Blue/Steel)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a pair of Bluffworks Chinos. It's a shame that they're so snug in the calf, because I like them otherwise. Wish they made them in a non-tailored fit.

The original Bluffworks pants fit great.

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky Brand. The 4% spandex makes ALL the difference. I practically live in them!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently picked up a couple pair of Journeyman Clothiers' Suitable Pant. They're dress slacks with some stretch to them. Very nice looking, kind of a heathered wool appearance, certainly dressy/office appropriate, with a zippered extra pocket in the right hand front pocket.

Thus far, I really like them. Good fit without being skinny or tight. Comfortable, but jury is still out on durability and wrinkle resistance.

Now that I'm paying attention, there seem to be a number of clothing makers in what I'm calling the "normal looking, dressy, comfortable slacks made of tech fabric" space. I like this trend, and look forward to more competition.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast