Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NoVA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Patagonia performance jeans are real good.

However, not jeans, but look at the Lululemon ABC pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Forum Member
    Calgary, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much online research I ordered a pair of the Bluffworks Chinos. Did not like them at all, the fabric is very nylon-y and clingy, and didn't like the colour. Design and fit are nice, might convert them to shorts.

So recently ordered the Outlier Slim Dungarees in black, wow, super awesome, nice fabric, perfect fit, very comfy, very versatile. I can see why they have such a following.

Now want to try their New Way Shorts, but they're always sold out in my size.

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some travel type light weight pants at Costco for $19.00

They look good for the price, but not sure about the fabric and durability.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by horsie View Post
    After much online research I ordered a pair of the Bluffworks Chinos. Did not like them at all, the fabric is very nylon-y and clingy, and didn't like the colour. Design and fit are nice, might convert them to shorts.
    This was my original take on the chinos, as well. I didn't like them at all when I first purchased, but have grown to like them. I prefer the heathering and color on the original pant. The chinos are slimmer and stretchy, but I also find they can be overly clingy.

The colors (I have the khaki and blue - got them during the original run) have grown on me, but they're kind of bright. I'm one of those people that is prone to 'polyester itch', so they can feel a little itchy sometimes. The originals do not have this problem for me at all.

Waist sizing is also really odd for me on the chinos. I had to size down because the waist is cut larger than the originals to the point where they weren't staying up. Due to poor sales volume, they no longer make the 29x32's I bought. Kind of an odd combo of overly large waist for the small thigh, but whatever.

I'd like to try some Outlier pants as an alternative, as it sounds like they more closely match my aesthetic, and keep what I like about the Bluffworks while having nicer-feeling material.

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squaredot View Post
    This was my original take on the chinos, as well. I didn't like them at all when I first purchased, but have grown to like them. I prefer the heathering and color on the original pant. The chinos are slimmer and stretchy, but I also find they can be overly clingy.

The colors (I have the khaki and blue - got them during the original run) have grown on me, but they're kind of bright. I'm one of those people that is prone to 'polyester itch', so they can feel a little itchy sometimes. The originals do not have this problem for me at all.

Waist sizing is also really odd for me on the chinos. I had to size down because the waist is cut larger than the originals to the point where they weren't staying up. Due to poor sales volume, they no longer make the 29x32's I bought. Kind of an odd combo of overly large waist for the small thigh, but whatever.

I'd like to try some Outlier pants as an alternative, as it sounds like they more closely match my aesthetic, and keep what I like about the Bluffworks while having nicer-feeling material.
    I feel the same way - loved the original pants and wear them daily to work. Tried the chinos because of the Kickstarter but they are too bright and too "slim" looking, and don't fit right. Would like to try Outliers as well, but cannot pick a color.
    --------------------------------

CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluffworks Chinos FTW. I get them dirty all the time for some reason and they wash out all out the time. I like the material because it really can stretch and the fit for me is pretty good. If they ever go on sale I'd purchase another couple of pairs. I recently got their travel shirts and they are nice too.
    Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Side Effect Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Aeronaut 45 Burnt Orange/Steel
    Absolute Shoulder Strap
    Travel Laundry Stuff Stack Aeronaut 45 Wasabi
    Vertical Freudian Slip Synapse 25
    Travel Tray Wasabi
    Pilot Navy/Wasabi
    RFID Passport Pouch Iberian
    Spiff Kit Deluxe Northwest Sky Halcyon 200
    Synapse 19 Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet
    Empire Builder
    Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently tried some mens (even though i'm not a dude) uniqlo slim fit jogger jeans and they're so ridiculously comfortable! the sizing & fit worked out better than i expected, too. got the the size that the size chart said should fit over my hips the best, and the rest of my mulelike lower half fit just fine.

i can't speak as to their durability as i haven't had them terribly long and am generally easy on clothing and possessions, but i've worn them nonstop over the last couple of weeks. they feel like soft pants, but other than the very top of the waist band (can be a little bunched due to having a drawstring there), they're surprisingly passable as regular old jeans, the gray color moreso than the dark blue, i admit. they weren't terribly expensive, either, about $30 USD.

i have my first long air travel schlep of the year coming up in about a week and i'm really eager to see how they hold up comfort-wise!
    Last edited by capncat; 02-24-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, you can use shorts or cotton chinos while travelling.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I feel the same way - loved the original pants and wear them daily to work. Tried the chinos because of the Kickstarter but they are too bright and too "slim" looking, and don't fit right. Would like to try Outliers as well, but cannot pick a color.
    Just pick a color in either the Futureworks or 60/30 Chino depending on whether you want a lightweight or normal weight but super stretchy pant and go with it. They're great with returns, so if you don't like the color, it's easy enough to return. The cut of the Futureworks is a little slimmer on the calf, but it's got a gusset for the crotch and upper leg. I love both of those pants and wear them more often than anything else at this point.

I also love the New Way Shorts. They look like classic cotton shorts like what Polo, Duckhead, etc. sell, but they're made of the same material as the Futureworks so they have a touch of stretch (not a ton, but a little makes a difference) and have all the other benefits of good modern fabrics.

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, sadly it appears that Outlier is no longer making Women's pants. I have two pairs and love them.
    Pants like this are all over the place for men, not so much for the gals. Sigh. Off on a new hunt.

Yorkshire
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohan, from the UK, market trousers I have found excellent for travel to the US, Europe & NZ.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Bluffworks or Rohan Trousers are the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    The Bluffworks are great for more of a business casual style; I also like the Rohan Jeans Plus for travel jeans, they're much more compact than regular jeans and being thinner, they are a bit cooler as well. I did two weeks in France with two pairs of Bluffworks and one pair of the Rohans and they all worked very well.
    I am very fond of my Bluffworks, very comfortable and easy to clean in a sink if it comes to it. Rohan designs Fusion trousers are also very good for travel. I have a pair of the jeans, but only bring them when I am with my wife, because she feels that an outfit is not complete without them, but I never take them on business.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Woolman View Post
    Rohan, from the UK, market trousers I have found excellent for travel to the US, Europe & NZ.
    +1, just got a bunch of stuff in from Rohan and liked it so much I ordered more.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I wear Bluffworks pants every day for work. They are perfect travel pants, but maybe more dressy than you want.
    yes they are perfect but they are expensive too

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Indeed. But they do have sales occasionally. I want a pair of the new non-slim chinos.
    --------------------------------

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast