Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bringing this thing back up, is there anything to be said about blended materials that are 70-80% natural fibers? Do they do better with fire/abrasion?

There's so much stuff out there, it seems the pants with the best mobility seem to be "cycle to work" based pants. Outlier, duer, etc.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snarky Nomad just reviewed these travel jeans (spoiler: he liked them)
    Reviewing Aviator USA’s “Best Travel Jeans in the World” – Snarky Nomad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Northern CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT ADVICE HERE ABOUT OUTLIER PANTS.
    Good advice. I forget how I stumbled onto them but after my first pair of slim dungarees, I was hooked ended up dropping lots of $ on other pants and shirts.

In terms of travel pants, check out their 60/30 Chinos too. They dressier than slim dungarees and more comfortable to boot due to 4 way stretch fabric. They're also more stain and water resistant than the SD. Actually the chinos and SD make a good travel combination. The chinos for business and SD for casual situations, although the SD do just fine with dress shirt and dress shoes.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 2 weeks of traveling with them, I have to say that my black Ultra Stretch jeans from Uniqlo have gone to the top of my list. They are lighter weight and quicker to dry than regular jeans. They seem to shed small amounts of water, and the stretch makes them super comfy. And, not too pricey ��
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the old go-to: Lee jeans. Particularly the new Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Stretch Jeans. I have a pair in denim and in khaki. They are so comfortable and lightweight. At first, I thought they'd rip after one or two uses but they hold up well to bending, sitting and walking. I use them for hikes and stuff, too. They're pretty darn tough.

Lee makes all kinds of styles using similar materials, too. They are inexpensive and pack down well, especially if you like to roll your clothes.

ETA: Forgot to mention. The pockets have affirmations written on them! I know, silly. But when you slide your pants on and off, you get a little boost of empowerment! (you are stunning, you are glamorous, you are beautiful). I just love it when my jeans compliment me ... I mean, complement me. Both? Whatever. Smilie
    Last edited by sujo; 09-21-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best jeans/pants for travel?

(Deleted because I fixed the quote in a second versions)
    Last edited by Fulton; 09-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best jeans/pants for travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Good advice. I forget how I stumbled onto them but after my first pair of slim dungarees, I was hooked ended up dropping lots of $ on other pants and shirts.

In terms of travel pants, check out their 60/30 Chinos too. They dressier than slim dungarees and more comfortable to boot due to 4 way stretch .
    Seriously? You quote my own warning, and I'm now looking at $267 pants. That's outrageous except that I've basically lived in three pairs of Outlier pants and three pairs of Outlier shorts for the past 12-14 months. I kept dress pants for work, but I've shed all kinds of old pants and shorts because I just don't need them. I want these chinos. Sigh.

Forum Member
    San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with the Outlier jeans, but can't say that they are the best thing in the world. They definitely travel well and don't suffer from the problems of damp cotton so many other options do. For me, much below the 50s and something like Rab MeCo 120 leggings are helpful as they are significantly thinner and more wind-permeable than denim.

They are not jeans replacements, but a casual pant in situations jeans wouldn't be out of place.

I'm moving to Finmeresco in made-to-measure dress slacks for not much more than what the Outliers cost, especially as I haven't seen a pair of "chinos" that I like in years, cotton or otherwise.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popping back into this thread because I've purchased a couple pairs of Bluffworks pants. The originals are more like standard slacks, so honestly nothing exciting either way. I've fallen in love with the Chinos, though! They're amazingly comfortable. I was worried I would be to warm in them (I tend to run hot), but they're nice and breathable.

I'm afraid of what will happen when I eventually get around to trying some outliers :-P
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing Frown **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of the mark II's from Thunderbolt Sportswear and I am very happy with them. Standard black, 4 way stretch, nice and slim.

Very happy with the company and their support team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The Gulf Coast of Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Aviator travel jeans. This reviewer says they’re as comfortable as sweat pants, they have several hidden security pockets and they do look pretty cool. Snarky Nomad’s review includes some good photos here:https://snarkynomad.com/reviewing-av...the-world/amp/

By the way, this is my 1st post. I just ordered the Guide’s Edition Synapse 25 in Mars red. I wanted the blue, but they’re unavailable till late Feb or early March. I figure I may stand out a bit, but it’ll sure be easy to identify.
    Last edited by JohnnyZTunes; 12-30-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popping back in to share that, ladies, I bought a pair of PajamaJeans (yes, I know..) to wear on the flight from Houston to Detroit later this week.
    Material is nice (halfway between denim and sweats), but the pants are seriously, seriously low rise. Not sure I'll be wearing them for anything other than TV watching, or I may be putting on a show in the security line. Big Grin
    If you want ponte, I will suggest Betabrand.
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrpe View Post
    Popping back in to share that, ladies, I bought a pair of PajamaJeans (yes, I know..) to wear on the flight from Houston to Detroit later this week.
    Material is nice (halfway between denim and sweats), but the pants are seriously, seriously low rise. Not sure I'll be wearing them for anything other than TV watching, or I may be putting on a show in the security line. Big Grin
    If you want ponte, I will suggest Betabrand.
    Apparently I live under a rock, I'd never heard of PajamaJeans... or I'm not the target consumer, lol.
    I tend to wear synthetic black pants when traveling...a little more give than jeans, pretty durable material, light weight, and zip pockets. Right now I'm using an REI style called Kornati:

https://www.rei.com/product/119941/r...-regular-sizes

Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the type of thing I wear for most travel, this is just a quick trip to see family so I don't need quick dry stuff.

PajamaJeans were once one of those items they sold on late night infomercials. I found them by accident on Amazon, with good reviews, but alas I fear I am also not the target demographic.
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love outlier Slim Dungarees, Outlier is my favorite brand of clothing by a long shot. Recently received some Lululemon ABC pants for Christmas -- they are incredibly comfy and more stretchy than the Slim Dungarees. For travel they seem perfect, also have a nice zipper pocket in the back. The upside is they cost less than the SD's, but we'll see how durable they are -- that remains to be seen (The SD's are built like a tank). For shorts I picked up some Taylor Stitch travel shorts, which is one of my favorite brands -- these are incredibly well made shorts, have hidden zipper pockets for travel, and can be used in the water while still passing off as a nice pair of shorts.
    Last edited by dustinst22; 01-24-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast