Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff your socks in the shoes. It takes up the empty space and helps the shoes keep their shape. Q-kits and stuff sacks holding items with bulky shapes, like phone chargers, also work well wrapped in socks inside shoes.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Sounds like you need a shoe with a very flexible sole if you are size 12.

If you are willing to try a BAREFOOT SHOE, there are a few companies out there that specialize in these and they all fold easily and some roll up. AND very sturdy soles as well, they are just thin and flexible. I personally have completely switched over to minimalist shoe wear recently and doing quite well with it, even the running.
    I love my barefoot sandals, but there IS an adjustment period. If you want to shift to wearing barefoot shoes, make sure you switch to them when you're at home, where you can easily put on a different pair of shoes if you need to.

Forum Member
    Raleigh, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Stuff your socks in the shoes. It takes up the empty space and helps the shoes keep their shape. Q-kits and stuff sacks holding items with bulky shapes, like phone chargers, also work well wrapped in socks inside shoes.
    I stuff things in my shoes if I'm packing shoes that don't fold completely flat (like Zero shoes, Soft Stars, most Lems). Otherwise, if I have to pack something like dress shoes that is where socks, belts, toothbrush, underwear goes. Definitely don't want any unnecessary dead air space in my bag!
    Previous owned: A45 ballistic, NFTD
    Own:A45 Black Halcyon, A30 black ballistic, WF black ballistic, DLBC black Halcyon, DLBP original black dyneema, various packing cubes

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to stuffing things in shoes, check out the ebags elastic shoe bags. They're like little compression bags for your shoes.

Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lems for me, and Teva or Xero sandals.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the winter (below freezing), Feelmax Kuuva. Above that, I wear Sole Runner Devlaki or FX4, Soft Stars, or Luna sandals. If I need to dress up, I pack my Drifter Leatherworks custom shoes.

All of these are minimalist, so they pack down very well.

I have exceptionally wide feet, so I have most of my footwear custom made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2