Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stylish Men's Travel clothes

I look at a lot of the options out there and many of them are not very nice looking or rather utilitarian.
    I like to be stylish but have a regular build (ie: slim fit is not going to work for me to travel in).

Any suggestions out there for sport jackets, chinos, vests, light weight dressy cardigans and shoes that could go from more trendy dressy to casual.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am far from slim, but recently purchased a pair of the Slim Dungarees from Outlier and wore them on a trip to Vietnam. They are insanely comfortable. I'm also sold on merino shirts. I have a couple from Ibex that are fantastic for travel.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at Bluff Works? I would suggest them and second Outlier.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outlier pants are spectacular. And they have free returns. That sold me. I bought two sizes and kept the one that fit right. They looks great day after day.

I also agree on merino wool. Ibex shirts can easily go two days without washing. Plus they wash easily in a sink and dry over night hung in the bathroom. Wool & Prince makes some great button downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I am loving the look of the bluff works as they have cool pockets. I can see these being dressed up or down. Very cool and their price point is not too bad really.

which would be cooler outlier or bluffworks
    Last edited by sdophoto; 04-05-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I prefer Bluff Works. For me they have the right amount of stretch and have performed the best. Plus, they are cheaper. I like the outliers, but I've found no reason to pay more for them.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second the wool and prince button downs. I have one and a merino tee from them. My minimal wardrobe will likely consist of 2-3 button downs, 3 tees, and a short sleeve.

The button down is the best fitting shirt I've ever owned. Better yet, minimal maintenance! Crumple it up and throw it in the corner for a few hours, drape it over a chair and come back later, wrinkles gone. I live in Hawaii and the 130gsm isn't too hot at all (something to think about if you're traveling in tropical locations or summertime in Asia).

Pants is a tough one. I have no experience with outlier, but I did get a pair of makers and riders washable wool jeans. I wouldn't hesitate to work out in them and they are dressy enough for work. Especially since they changed the pocket style.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the wool and prince button downs looks pretty nice. I am considering the white short sleeve.

Yes traveling in a warm climate is something that is important. I will be in Mexico for a month in November and some of the areas will require a bit more dressy (no shorts at night for example) and I will probably travel in the pants.

We will have a varying weather from HOT and humid, to warm in the day and cool at night.
    We are visiting Merida, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato and PV.

I am also thinking about a jacket, blazer or cardigan that I could add to the look for the evening.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two days? I didn't wash my Ibex shirts at all over the 13 days of travel. I brought three shirts total; I wore the wool shirts five times each. They still didn't smell. Wool is some kind of weird magic.

NoVA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremybrooks View Post
    Two days? I didn't wash my Ibex shirts at all over the 13 days of travel. I brought three shirts total; I wore the wool shirts five times each. They still didn't smell. Wool is some kind of weird magic.
    Do you have a link to these shirts? I want one or two in the worst way now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sose View Post
    Do you have a link to these shirts? I want one or two in the worst way now.

I have the Trip Shirt: Ibex Merino Wool Men's Trip Shirt Short Sleeve

Likely the same material in their other clothing.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found the Outlier Futureworks pants to be excellent in warm weather. They don't have a ton of stretch, but they do have a little, and they have a gusset along the inseam, which makes them quite comfortable anyway. The Bluffworks original pants are a little dressier, but I also don't find them to have much stretch at all. Either would probably work well and might come down to personal preference. For me, that means I take the Outliers unless I really need to dress nicely (i.e. with a dressier sport coat as a suit alternative).

Forum Member
    Calgary, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outliner Slim Dungarees: very comfortable, fit well, look good, well constructed and designed, stretch a bit, and can go from full casual to pretty dressy in a flash. The fit is not tight, despite their name.

Their New Way Shorts are excellent too.

Big fan of the Wool & Prince button downs. And Icebreaker. Should look at Ibex.

Once you go merino, you'll never go back.

For shoes, have a look at Lems.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of Outlier's stuff. The Slim Dungarees are very comfortable, though they are a slimmer fit than I was used to. The FutureWorks are also nice, but a touch tighter in the calves than I'd prefer.

Huge huge fan of Outlier's New Way Shorts/New Way Longs. These might be the perfect shorts for me. Light, comfortable, durable, and pretty decent looking.

For other travel friendly pants, I like the Bluffworks original pants, though they have NO stretch, and NO DWR. If they had both of those things, I think they'd be perfect. I understand that they will be coming out with a more generously cut (non-slim cut) for the stretchy chinos, which I"m looking forward to.

For other nicely tailored pants that are travel friendly, I'd look at Journeyman Clothiers and Ministry of Supply. Both make pretty nice pants that aren't crazy expensive. The Journeyman Clothiers "Suitable Pant" are 4 way stretch in a classic trouser fit and cut, and are really really comfortable. If they had DWR, they'd be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast