Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packing just in case

Cyclone Cook is currently passing over New Zealand, with meteorologists saying it could be the worst storm in 49 years. It's forecast to come my way in the early hours of this morning, so I've packed my Aeronaut 30 just in case I have to leave my home in a hurry. I've got enough clothes to keep me going for 2-3 days, toiletries and contact lens stuff, a microfibre towel, some food, first aid kit, antiseptic wipes and important documents.

The A30 is ideal for this as it holds a reasonable amount while being easy to carry, unlike the duffel I used previously for this purpose, which was rather awkward and clunky. Hopefully I won't need to use it tonight, but it's best to be prepared.

Packing just in case-img_0888-jpg Packing just in case-img_0890-jpg
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best wishes from me too! You are well prepeared, I hope you wound need it.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully I won't. I've been keeping in touch with family on Facebook and there seem to be power outages in many places but apart from that they are ok. However one has a neighbour whose house is under threat from a tree that has nearly fallen over. The wind is starting to pick up here so it's arriving pretty much as forecast.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Montana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like great planning! Hope you and your family stay safe!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, good news! Cyclone Cook went further east than predicted, so we didn't get it badly here. Still have power, no floods, slips or trees down, which is a relief. I'm keeping the bag packed for a while because there is apparently more rain due. My family in other areas are fine, just without power, so they're having to fire up barbeques or camping stoves to do coffee for breakfast.

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always good to be prepared, and glad you didn't need it. Stay safe.
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can completely relate. I live on the gulf coast of Mississippi so the possibility of a hurricane is always in the back of your mind 6 months of the year (June-November). One thing I recommend for any and everyone is to cloud store your digital photos and take pictures of your real photos and cloud store those. If you have a scanner for the real photos​ even better, but a picture of photo is better than nothing. Everything you own can be replaced but those.