Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scandinavian Trip for 2 weeks

Hello all,

I just recently purchased the Aeronaut 45 for my upcoming Scandinavian journey and was hoping some fellow travelers could help me on what to pack. We plan on hitting up Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Estonia and then on our way out maybe stop at cousins in Switzerland, or stop over in Amsterdam before heading home. We plan on going next year in August for about 2 weeks, and will be travelling by a mix of possible rental car or train, ferry and plane. We will be staying in hotels and at friends places along the way. We don't plan on doing any major hikes and my husband does want to visit a few of the nicer restaurants so I will be needing to pack a nice dress and pair of shoes. Other then that we will mostly be sightseeing, and enjoying visiting new places. I was hoping anyone who's been to these places in the summer could help me out on the weather and what best to pack. I have a few things on my list already but was hoping to be able to get away with just using the A45 for this trip.

Thank you!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi abarcs. My best advice is to choose a black dress that does double duty for everyday plus "fancier" dinners. I have always felt dressed up in a sleeveless tube dress with a nice necklace and heels. That same tube dress can be a swimsuit cover up/ a skirt when worn with tshirt over the top/ sleeping nightie. It helps to be merino....my merino has held its shape and its deep black colour even after 3 years of washing. The fabric feel is also more formal than tshirt material. Of course the other benefits of merino have been discussed previously.
    https://www.smittenmerino.com/buy-on...veless-size-xs

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bijoux,
    That was a very dangerous link.. Ive been looking for a lightweight scarf/cover up..now just covering AUSD to GBP!

Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got back from Denmark and Norway and I used the A30 as my main luggage with the Pilot as my hand-carry bag. I carried both on board our SAS flight on the way to Europe, and checked in the A30 on the way back. I think you will have adequate space with the A45, especially as you will be able to do laundry at your friends' houses. Bergen, Norway was about as far north as we got, and it is famously rainy there, but otherwise it was quite temperate throughout the trip at 65-70 degrees. Check weather often ahead of time so that you can plan your packing. I will admit I only wore my sneakers and did not pack any other shoes, because I knew we were only doing informal restaurants, and I always felt comfortable and never out of place, thanks to the kindness of the restaurant staff, a wardrobe planned around dark colors that could look semiformal, and the fact that we were in tourist-friendly areas. I'm sure you'll get more ideas on the forums, but a few things I suggest packing are:

- outlet adaptor for Northern Europe (looks like two rounded long prongs)
    - a couple of good books or e-books (English language books are more expensive in Europe, but the bookstores are great, including Norli and Ark and others in Norway)
    - rain jacket with hood

All the hotels, even the tiniest lodge we stayed in, had blowdryers available. Most of the hotels had umbrellas available to borrow either in the room or at the front desk. I would leave some room for souvenirs, depending on what you like to buy when travelling. Enjoy your trip!