Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, my prescription sunglasses came with an enormous and unwieldy case. I took them to a shop that sold lots of glasses cases and tried them in all of the cases until I found a much smaller case that fit. Handy trick for fitting glasses into a case: lay them in with the lenses down before trying to close the case. That means they're at their flattest orientation, rather than being on an angle and seeming to need more "height" from the case.

The replacement case I bought fits in a Side Effect. I swap between untinted glasses and sunglasses, with whichever set I'm not wearing going in the case and into the bag.

England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I know you said your Oakley pod doesn't fit in the Side Kick but if that is the only thing that doesn't fit I would reconsider. The Side Kick is an excellent waist pack. Perhaps the Oakley pod might fit in your cargo pocket or you could just take the sunglasses without the pod? Or maybe pick up a soft glasses pouch while you're out? Sorry if that is heresy, I only buy cheap sunglasses.
    Looks like you can probably leave that umbrella at home too! :-) ☀️☀️☀️
    I did take out my sunglasses from the pod; they're prescription, so I needed them for the day Smilie

The umbrella was popular (lotsa cheers for it), and shielded me from the sun at certain points. It made me easy to find.
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanaper View Post
    How did it go? What worked well, and what would you do differently next time?

In general, for events like this I'd take Cristina's advice above. You want to be able to move and dance without lugging baggage or having to be too concerned about the security of your stuff.

* ID and cashcard in a zipped and/or internal pocket.
    * Enough cash to get you through the day somewhere more accessible.
    * How do you refill your Vapur during the day? Can you drink a lot when you refill, then carry it only half-full and have it fit into a small bag?
    * Apply really good sunblock really thoroughly before you go. Decant some of it into a small container that'll fit into a SE or SK for top-ups.
    * Keep a set of cheap, good-enough sunglasses that you won't be upset about if something happens to them.
    * In your SE or SK, maybe take a small fold-up bag for the just-in-case things. I use one made of recycled parachute that packs small and squishy.
    Not sure what I'd do differently, but the Side Kick ended up being ideal for the day. The only thing I might have done differently is not wear my waistcoat... but it was colourful, which the day kinda demanded Big Grin

The Vapur hung on a belt-loop for the day, I refilled from fountains whenever available. My companions thought it was clever.
    I used a spray-on sunblock before I left home, I did keep a tiny bottle of sunblock cream with me, but thankfully didn't need it. It travelled in my trouser's cargo pocket, along with some tissue, and the fold-up hat.
    My Oakley's are prescription, and I ended up wearing them all day, with my regular glasses tucked into the SK, so I didn't need the pod.
    I had a large square headscarf, if I needed to, I could have turned that into a furoshiki, but thankfully, didn't need to do that.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brintoul View Post
    And Kshni, I'm dieting for a report on how much fun you had!
    It went really well; got to watch a good portion of the parade, almost from the barrier along the route, so we had an excellent view of the parade participants. (I confess, I loved seeing the Bears and Puppies.)

Got to listen to the music and dancing in Trafalgar Square, we danced with people, sang, cheered, booed (the Conservatives and DUP), and I want to do it again next year Smilie

And my little solar charger for phones turned out to be best loved by my companions, as one of them arrived with a nearly-flat battery! It took such little room, it was in case my phone or wifi didn't last (both did), but my companions loved me for it. They were surprised how much the SideKick held in it.

It was a good day Smilie

What bag for London Pride?-pride-trafalgarsquare1-jpg

England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and a still from my friend's video of us dancing Smilie

The SideKick is in this at the bottom of the picture.

What bag for London Pride?-kshnipridedance1-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2